Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:20:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy #1] BPMC Blue Fury Miner - Sold Out  (Read 7877 times)
boldar

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:27:59 PM

Awesome.  I may have to get in on this too. *BUMP*
BorisAlt

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:57:34 AM

Any update on shipping?

Benny1985 (OP)

Activity: 391

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 12:51:18 AM

I am talking to the factory on a near-daily basis. According to them, we were one of the first companies to get our payment in (since we didn't wait to reach the 200 unit volume), so we are going to be the first to get the miners. The last conversation I had with the BPMC rep said that we should get the miners shipped to us early/mid next week. We have a DHL importers account already onhand, so they can ship that out to us ASAP, and then to you the same or next day (depending on when we get physical inventory). So I would say a safe bet is that we ship them to all buyers next week.
morphKET

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

We Are All One

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 02:44:52 AM

Woot, put in an order for 2 via your site :^) Excited to get these bad boys up and running!

✰ PrimeDice.com | Instant Bitcoin Gambling | Free BTC Faucet | ( 1% edge) *Thread*
If you like my stories, toss a Satoshi or two:
1CHmp1TGSyus29K76S7X6AMtVUejj7BCcj
Benny1985 (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 06:11:48 PM

Thank you for the purchase.

As per my last discussion with the factory, we should have all pre-orders shipped on next Monday or Tuesday, as we expect to have them shipped this week to us.
SigurdDragonslayer

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:03:57 AM

Will we receive tracking numbers when our orders ship?
Benny1985 (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:38:58 PM

Will we receive tracking numbers when our orders ship?

Generally, yes. It should automatically notify you with an E-mail when your order ships if its in the US, or an economy/priority overseas shipping option. The only caveat is with overseas DHL shipments, as they aren't integrated into our shipping manager. That means I'll likely have to manually post shipping info.
BorisAlt

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:21:01 AM

Still on track for Tuesday? I am itching to order a few more, but want to see if it's real. Thanks.

Benny1985 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:51:43 PM

I'm still talking to the factory to see what the ETA is on everything.. The factory seemingly should ship to us today/tomorrow (since we're a day behind). But I haven't talked to them over the weekend. The last update I had from them was that all components were coming in on Monday, and they'd begin immediate, high-volume production of the miners to ship out. We were one of the first GBs to put money down, which should mean we get the first run of miners.
BorisAlt

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:27:05 AM

Ok, I trust you. Ordered 5 more.

wzl

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:39:04 PM

Any update?
doublejoint

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:39:55 AM

will we get any of the compensation that beastlymac is giving once we receive our units?
BorisAlt

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:12:21 PM

Ben, an update this weekend would be lovely. Since I have 6x furies charged to my PayPal I am curious about their fate Smiley I am not considering disputing with paypal and I know how much trouble it causes for bitcoin equipment vendors when people start doing that (poor Maidak!!). I had nothing but excellent service with buy-a-hash in the past and trust you will handle this expediently, as always. 

Benny1985 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 05:33:49 PM

will we get any of the compensation that beastlymac is giving once we receive our units?

Yes. We will work to disburse any compensation given to us as soon as we're able to. If you (theoretically) wanted a PP refund, I can gladly issue it. However, we're slated to get them all this week from the factory. We had a few refunds, so we may have some to sell later on. We're working on a merchants accounts with Chase Paymentech, so our bases will be further covered in the future... We've dealt with PayPal enough to know how this works.

Alternatively, we could have easily ordered these from the factory and not listed any until we took inventory of them. We paid for everything upfront regardless. We just felt that the whole group buy business would allow people to reserve them before they got sold out. In hindsight, we'll probably just order & announce their availability when they are on hand next time.
Benny1985 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 05:36:01 PM

Ben, an update this weekend would be lovely. Since I have 6x furies charged to my PayPal I am curious about their fate Smiley I am not considering disputing with paypal and I know how much trouble it causes for bitcoin equipment vendors when people start doing that (poor Maidak!!). I had nothing but excellent service with buy-a-hash in the past and trust you will handle this expediently, as always. 

Unfortunately, I could have told Maidak about this. My primary PayPal account was frozen for $11,000 USD at the very start of this, so I had to get a 2nd PayPal account to take the rest of orders... Its a nasty business dealing with them, and the hoops you have to deal with are abysmal. Another worry I have for some others is getting these items imported... Because the factory is listing the declared value @ wholesale, so some people may not be set up to deal with a $20,000 import declaration.
will_a

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:07:05 AM

Benny,

I may be in the minority here, but paypal is very convenient for me to use to purchase online and I am a very honest person.  I have complained to paypal for a refund once out of many many dozens of purchases (a filesharing site declared 2 days after a 3 month sign up that they wouldn't allow me to download anything other than what I personally uploaded -- I calculated and requested the exact pro-rated amount).  This is a chickens and eggs situation.  I ordered 15 furies from you which I hope to turn into bitcoins, but unfortunately have no real amount of bitcoins to spend.  For me to purchase bitcoins without exposing myself to fraud, requires me to pay more than they're worth using localbitcoins.com and waiting many hours in between saying goodbye to my money and hello to my bitcoins.  It's a giant pain in the ass, with me feeling like I've been scammed for the hours in between clicking send and the many many refreshes before I see the bitcoin transfer completed.  It's a frightening process for the little guy.  I wish people weren't such douches, but it is what it is.

The short of it is this -- thank you Benny.  You may not feel up to doing this again, but I for one hope that you offer pre-order group buys again in the very near future.

will
the_remote

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:18:01 AM

Do we have a tracking # yet?
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:21:35 AM

Do we have a tracking # yet?
Yes Benny should have received the tracking number.

Message me if you have any problems
BorisAlt

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:02:44 AM

Yaay, email received Smiley Hoping to hash this weekend.

Next question is: can I use both Block Erupters and Furies on same computer?

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:42:33 AM

Yaay, email received Smiley Hoping to hash this weekend.

Next question is: can I use both Block Erupters and Furies on same computer?
Yes they should both work side by side.

Message me if you have any problems
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: