Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:03:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US blocks access to world heritiage site.  (Read 678 times)
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:46:04 AM

So I fly to the USA and one of the things I came here to do was visit the Grand Canyon. Seems the US Govt has now blocked this off to everyone.

WTF!

Why would they do this?

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 05:50:15 AM

Oh? It's blocked? Men with guns are being paid by the government to block access to how many bloody square miles of territory? Or are drones now programmed to automatically shoot any humanoid figure there without IFF patches and refuel at the nearest gas station and not pay for it?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 05:53:19 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 06:16:42 AM by TheButterZone

Oh? It's blocked? Men with guns are being paid by the government to block access to it? Or are drones now programmed to automatically shoot any humanoid figure without IFF patches?

Men with guns are being paid to block it. I doubt the drones but you never know I guess.

It's a massive geologic feature. Easiest-beaten line of Red Rover, EVER.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 2207

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 05:59:46 AM

Damn, America. Dafuck are you doing?

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 06:42:27 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 06:56:12 AM by deepceleron

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/30/politics/government-shutdown-up-to-speed/index.html

http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_24209569/government-shutdown-closing-national-parks-could-spark-public

With a federal government shutdown, padlocks are expected to begin going up Tuesday at the gates of hundreds of national parks across the United States from Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay to the Washington Monument. Thousands of visitors will be sent home, and local businesses will suffer.

During the last government shutdown, for 28 days in 1995, national park closures sparked waves of angry calls to Congress and the White House.

"Once the shutdowns began, the reaction from people who wanted access to the parks was absolutely incredible," Bruce Babbitt, who was U.S. Interior Secretary
at the time, said in an interview Monday.

"The first call I got was from the governor of Wyoming, who was having a fit. He was saying 'You have to open Yellowstone. This is an outrage. Do something!'"

The Republican governor of Arizona, Fife Symington, sent National Guard troops to the Grand Canyon in an attempt to keep the park open, rather than risk losing tourism. Eventually, Arizona officials paid the National Park Service through state funds and donations to keep famous sites along the South Rim open.

The Interior Department announced its shutdown plans last Friday, saying it would close all national parks and give guests at hotels in national parks two days to make other plans and leave. The park service will keep a small number of employees on the clock, according to its contingency plan.

http://www.doi.gov/shutdown/fy2014/upload/NPS-Fact-Sheet.pdf

Of course the congress critters are still paying themselves and the military that keeps them in power. It's the Republicans demonstrating that they are the bought-and-paid-for stooges of companies with over 50 employees who don't want to pay for healthcare for their employees.

"The one exception to the legislative futility was a bill to ensure that military service members would be paid during the shutdown. Obama signed it into law late Monday night."
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 06:56:48 AM

All because the government wants to force people into receiving systemic unpunished malpractice... LMFAO

Mooshire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:54:53 PM

What did I just read

MoneyGod

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:02:19 PM

What did I just read

you are reading all about Guards with Guns and Drowns and like this stuff and peoples crying over USA for policies

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:05:49 PM

What did I just read

you are reading all about Guards with Guns and Drowns and like this stuff and peoples crying over USA for policies

Great summary, A++. You are speek good enlish.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:12:38 PM

When government employees don't get what they want, they immediately resort to taking hostages. They are the single most infantile, narcissistic, and entitled segment of society by far.
MoneyGod

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:13:04 PM

What did I just read

Great summary, A++. You are speek good enlish.

you are kidding my English is not A++ its very bad trying to improve this Cheesy

Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:15:16 PM

When government employees don't get what they want, they immediately resort to taking hostages. They are the single most infantile, narcissistic, and entitled segment of society by far.

You mean politicians?

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:17:30 PM

You mean politicians?
Politicians are just a few hundred figureheads in a several million person organization.
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:24:13 PM

You mean politicians?
Politicians are just a few hundred figureheads in a several million person organization.

Yeah,  the voters always go for one of two options, that really don't differ that much. I never got why, why can't they learn.

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:24:58 PM

SO IT BEGINS....
Pages: [1]
  Print