Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:01:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mixing different speed hardware in the same miner  (Read 578 times)
volosator (OP)

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:22:08 PM

I have BFL single and about 20 of ASICMiner sticks. They hash on a different machines. It turns out that one of the hosts has a hardware issue and keeps rebooting and hanging.

I mine on Slush's pool, they recently introduced that new vardiff feature (i.e. the share diff would depend on the actual hashing speed)

What would happen if I move ASICMiner USB Sticks to the same machine as my Single runs on? BFGMiner will detect them all and hash, it is out of question. Is difficulty of 69 bad for USB miners - it would take hours before they solve anything? Will I get a lot of stale shares?

Please advice!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
volosator (OP)

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:32:31 PM

another words I'm trying to assign specific miners to a specific pool and have multiply pool connections
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:39:17 PM

I used to run my graphics card and the USB block erupters, and bfg miner or cg miner handled it just fine.

I've seen screenshots of usb erupters and bfl jalepeno machines, so if it's a decent stable machine, it should handle it just fine.

That way, you can tear up the other machine and figure out what's wrong it it (reinstall operating system, whatever it takes).

Saves on power bills too.

Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:40:51 PM

the difficulty for your USB would be determined by the sum of their total hashing power anyway. There is no problem with putting them on the same machine. Basically the difficulty is determined for each worker you have in the pool based on the worker's input. this is just to cut down on communications traffic and doesn't affect how efficiently the individual inputs run.

If it helps, just think of your BFL as having like having 15 - 20 usb miners inside it on one card.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: