Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:27:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you rather see steady growth in Bitcoin or strong upward spikes instead?  (Read 2378 times)
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:27:51 PM

When I was more into trading, the wild fluctuations were good because it created more buying and selling opportunities.

Now I’m mostly just holding so I prefer a steady rise in price with little volatility. In reality, it really doesn’t matter for holders as long as the net result is a good gain. Still it’s less nerve racking to see steady growth.

My same sentiments. I'm usually more worried about volatility when I have planned to take out some btc for something and then I see the prices going down. Otherwise, I'm just chill while others panic during plunges.

We might need the spikes though to attract people to get into btc and hopefully stay. I wonder how many of those that entered to take advantage of the ath last December decided to leave some btc rather than cash out all.
forklif

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:08:16 PM

I prefer stable growth rather than volatility and strong spikes. Because this affects people's interest in bitcoin, because what everyone thinks first is a loss, so if the price is stable, people feel safe enough to invest and can minimize losses.
cloudproject

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:26:23 PM

i like if bitcoin getting steady, because it benefit to buyer who doing transaction with bitcoin and there some store or company that not use bitcoin in transaction if the price not steady like steam store. so i prefer like if steady and of course if price stong upward is not good for my heart because it will going strong downward again  Grin

●  ❱❱  IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Industry  ❱❱  ●
Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:29:50 PM

I feel volatility is the key aspect of this market. If I wanted a stable growth, I would have invested in Mutual Funds or Bank's Fixed Deposit Schemes, but it is the strong upward spikes that attract me towards this market.
This stands true for the others too. The people wouldn't have invested heavily in the market had it been stable. It is the spikes and ability to multiply your investments that are the key driving factors of this market.
startselect

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:41:15 PM

Steady growth. I feel that this big pump that Bitcoin got all the way to $20,000 was a bad thing, because it created so much hype and fear of missing out that ended up with a lot of people losing a lot of money.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:53:17 PM

When I was more into trading, the wild fluctuations were good because it created more buying and selling opportunities.

Now I’m mostly just holding so I prefer a steady rise in price with little volatility. In reality, it really doesn’t matter for holders as long as the net result is a good gain. Still it’s less nerve racking to see steady growth.

My same sentiments. I'm usually more worried about volatility when I have planned to take out some btc for something and then I see the prices going down. Otherwise, I'm just chill while others panic during plunges.

We might need the spikes though to attract people to get into btc and hopefully stay. I wonder how many of those that entered to take advantage of the ath last December decided to leave some btc rather than cash out all.

Most of those who were probably just new and bought last December have cashed out totally just to be able to recover their investment but for those who left some BTC are either probably regretting that they sold some or are now grateful because the price has gone up.

The sharp spikes may be attractive for others to get into btc however they may think that the price frequently goes up just as how it did last December and then would have some doubts once there is a steady drop. The spikes are good for the traders because they would be able to buy and sell within short periods of time.
Wedgrow

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:01:55 PM

I think bitcoin growth will invite many investors and bitcoin users to invest in bitcoin because later they will get a profit.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:28:05 PM

I think bitcoin growth will invite many investors and bitcoin users to invest in bitcoin because later they will get a profit.
Yes, it will invite the investors to invest. That's very smart. Did it take you a lot of time to produce?  Grin

Steady growth. I feel that this big pump that Bitcoin got all the way to $20,000 was a bad thing, because it created so much hype and fear of missing out that ended up with a lot of people losing a lot of money.

It also created a lot of free publicity. It showed the world the sky is the limit. That we can jump from $2000 to $20000 in just over a year, and it gave people a chance to make a lot of money in the process. A steady growth is better but this pump wasn't a bad thing.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:37:39 PM

I would like to see a steady growth in the price of bitcoin and i really like the range bound price range we are seeing now,because you can just buy when the market is down and sell when it reaches a resistance point and then again we would see a correction,how cool that kind of market would be  Cheesy I would like to see a gradual growth in the price rather than spikes but i wont mind these spikes too.
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:39:17 PM

I like the volatility of bitcoin. I trade stock all the time. The constant upward trend makes it impossible to trade on the stock exchange. I'm longing these days. I like the non-linearity of the graph. In this case, the General trend does not matter to me. Each spike has potential for income. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my position.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:51:21 PM

Long-term investors will definitely like Steady growth, but traders like volatility as it creates opportunities for them to earn huge profits. These Strong spikes are mostly created by pump and dump groups or due to some specific news. That is the golden time for Traders to earn huge profits.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:19:21 PM

I wanted to see what the general thoughts of the community here are. With bitcoin being in a pretty steady state for the past few weeks, it seems like there's going to be a set up for some kind of growth. With that, there can be many paths, but after seeing today's price (which was up around 5% when I checked), I was wondering if the volatility is what people actually like about bitcoin.

So, do you guys like the volatility and the strong spikes upwards or would you rather like steady growth, around 5% gains over time?
People would always prefer on having a steady growth compared on strong spikes because it do somehow build confidence on my side on seeing price cant really be easily pumped and dump at the same time.Having steady growth does signifies a good path on increasing its value strong support and adoption.If we can see sudden pump then most of cases it can easily be dumped too.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Tharel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:34:45 PM

I'd rather choose bitcoin to have steady growth instead of upward spikes because the latter usually follows a significant downfall which we as investors don't want to happen. On the other hand, if we see a steady growth it means that the coin is doing good and stable, and this scenarios cause the investors to worry less, a stress -free trading. It is a good example of being slowly BUT surely activity.

Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:56:10 PM

I would want it that way instead of spikes upward. Though it's intimidating something because of the profits, it is very scary.
I think some will be happy about the spokes, especially the greeady ones. But once that it falls, surely, there will be a lot of panic sellers.
If we will be having a steady growth just like today, I would feel that my investment is really safe and I have nothing to worry about.

etron

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:40:11 PM

actually I like high waves, but with last year's incident made me suffer a lot of losses because at that time the price reached 17000 $, I think it will continue to increase, and I have made many deposits, but now the price is falling sharply and I have so many losses reached 40%, but I am very happy with the current price stability.
xieqieshangu9

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:58:24 PM

Like most people, I hope the BTC will grow steadily!

If inflation could be mistaken for a conspiracy by the media or some people!

Stability means healthy development, which is a good signal for the entire digital cryptographic currency!
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:59:13 PM

I wanted to see what the general thoughts of the community here are. With bitcoin being in a pretty steady state for the past few weeks, it seems like there's going to be a set up for some kind of growth. With that, there can be many paths, but after seeing today's price (which was up around 5% when I checked), I was wondering if the volatility is what people actually like about bitcoin.

So, do you guys like the volatility and the strong spikes upwards or would you rather like steady growth, around 5% gains over time?
I think it depends on the people and the movement of the market.

A steady growth will help you gain slowly but surely without risking bigger in the picture while a strong spikes will benefit the day trader and long term investors to get a higher percentage gain if set right.

But a strong spikes happens only once when there's a fork but it is still good to see a strong spikes upward rather than downwards. While steady growth is useful in everyday activity, so i would prefer steady growth if it is a bear season and prefer a strong spikes when the time(long term holding) is right.

lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:23:27 AM

I prefer steady growth of price rather than a strong upward spike 'because i doubt after the strong upwards it will drop " as usual ".  And the reason why i prefer steady growth of price  because in fact it's a big opportunity to for us invest even though the price is on top there's no regrets on it 'cause we are sure it will always provide more profits .  
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:00:58 AM

steady growth is somehow safer than a sudden strong spikes, in steady growth, you can monitor all the movements of the market, you have ample time to predict the next move, while on spikes, though the chances of getting huge profit is fast, the loss is expected to be greater too. depending on the trend, one should take measures of sudden movement. but both has the potential of having profit.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
torch2121

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 04:32:35 AM

I want is steady growth in Bitcoin because of steady income. For me having a strong upward spikes also include strong downward spike, which is very bad in investor. Most specially if the investor is new joiner in the market.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: