Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:05:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you rather see steady growth in Bitcoin or strong upward spikes instead?  (Read 2374 times)
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:02:00 AM

We have two groups in bitcoin market, the long term investors and the traders. The steady growth is good for the long term investors while the upward spikes is what the daily traders are happy to see. So we need both of them.
darkr

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:53:21 AM

A steady growth is indeed needed in a state of adoption but we are not still there yet so we still have time to see bitcoin having strong upward strikes. Guys, just let us bitcoin reach its maximum potentail first before we talk about steady growth or force it to be a stable coin.

Yes, steady growth of bitcoin means that there will be more support and people will trust bitcoin more. Also this will make Bitcoin to be a stable currency and hence more people will adopt it.

I would rather see the steady growth of this main cryptocurrency. I guess when Bitcoin jumps too high, there is a great probability that it can fall very fast after it. I love stability, and I think, most of the guys love it, too.
Pikachu12

Activity: 435

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:59:25 AM

I wanted to see what the general thoughts of the community here are. With bitcoin being in a pretty steady state for the past few weeks, it seems like there's going to be a set up for some kind of growth. With that, there can be many paths, but after seeing today's price (which was up around 5% when I checked), I was wondering if the volatility is what people actually like about bitcoin.

So, do you guys like the volatility and the strong spikes upwards or would you rather like steady growth, around 5% gains over time?
No, I never liked the sudden and unstable rise. That just shows the altcoins are still in the state of being exploited and it still has not given its real value. Do you want the market to rebound 20k $ and after a few days its price goes down to 6k $? No one wants that. We should all turn towards a sustainable and lasting value.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1932
Merit: 322

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:13:17 AM

We have two groups in bitcoin market, the long term investors and the traders. The steady growth is good for the long term investors while the upward spikes is what the daily traders are happy to see. So we need both of them.
I believe that economies can grow highly if there is accelerated rise in the growth of their currencies and same is true for Bitcoin but it has been witnessed that normally when there is a sudden surge in Bitcoin, there comes a downtrend in the value afterwards which remains for long. So consistent and a steady growth rather is an appreciable factor that can boost the trade and the investment as well. Investors like to invest without any risk if there is stability in the values.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:12:01 AM

Characteristic behaivor of an asset in the market is mostly determined by its investors. As you know, most of BTC investors prefer to gain huge amount of profit and this makes BTC open to the speculations. If more institutional investors start to go in BTC market, we will see less fluctiations and peaks.
This is right. But if we look at the affect of the long term steady growth in Bitcoin, this is something that has so far made millionaires out of those who prefer to take the steady long run growth rather than a momentary spike.

In addition, spike is often followed by a long lasting recession like the current on going recession and results in the devaluation of the portfolios so i do not think it is something for those who intend to spend long years in crypto but rather for those who are here for quick short run profits.
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:58:40 PM

I believe that bitcoin price jumps allow some traders to make a profit, but this negatively affects Bitcoin's reputation, because many large investors do not invest in cryptocurrencies calling volatility a negative characteristic of cryptocurrencies. If there was a constant small increase, it would attract the attention of many new investors.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:13:38 AM

I actually like and prefer steady grow and progressive development than spike pricing. If cryptocurrencies is going to be adopted worldwide then it price must be stable and we must build confidence in it.  I have been trading cryptocurrencies since early last year and one thing that I have find out is that people and business are not adopting it as money which I think because of the spikes there are afraid.

I am agree, if the price spike, its mean too volatile and the price have high fluctuation. Its better to steady growth because investor more confident on it.
Umkar

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:27:35 AM

This is true, bursts and growing up are needed, as there are people among bitcoin fans who earn bitcoin in many ways. Although high volatility allows traders to earn money, it can discourage some new investors from buying cryptocurrency because of the fear of reducing its price immediately after purchase.
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:29:40 AM

Characteristic behaivor of an asset in the market is mostly determined by its investors. As you know, most of BTC investors prefer to gain huge amount of profit and this makes BTC open to the speculations. If more institutional investors start to go in BTC market, we will see less fluctiations and peaks.
Yes, but with the advent of new investors, new traders will also come, and traders need volatility and the higher it is, the more they can earn in a specific period of time. Over time, volatility will decrease, but for this to happen, capitalization needs to be increased due to the arrival of new investors.
reverseflash

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 06:32:02 PM

On the one hand, volatility makes it possible to quickly earn and attract new traders, which contributes to the popularization of Bitcoin. But on the other hand, stable growth will attract investors, which also raises interest and demand for bitcoin.
hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 06:37:25 PM

For me personally, it is more interesting to watch the market when it is volatile and prices jump up and down, and in such circumstances you can make a profit in the short term.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:19:20 PM

Bitcoin is still manipulated asset, but we might watch another case in the future after regulating it, so we can enter a phase of steady growth that is based only on the supply/demand factor, not pump and dump scheme that hurts the whole Crypto market.
Ponti

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 05:39:05 AM

Kind of weird question. Sound like what would you like to have "a straight well maid road, that will allow you to drive 200 mph"  OR  "bumpy forest road that will be completely uncomfortable and finally will kill your suspension and wheels".You must be really experienced trader to work and predict "spikes", believe me it will be much better for you to have a steady risk-free profit.

.BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:47:19 AM

Bitcoin is still manipulated asset, but we might watch another case in the future after regulating it, so we can enter a phase of steady growth that is based only on the supply/demand factor, not pump and dump scheme that hurts the whole Crypto market.
nowadays, market manipulation can occur, with the lack of cryptocurrency market players, meaning that it is possible to be monopolized. but this will be difficult to happen, if more and more bitcoiners

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
fly99

Activity: 421

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:33:01 AM

It depends on how the cryptocurrency market looks. Now, the continually declining cryptocurrency market needs continued strong growth. For example, a 10%-20% increase every day, so there will be a large number of investors to enter, which is hard to imagine for whales. As far as I know, many people are studying cryptocurrencies this year because of the myth that Bitcoin created last year, but they all became viewers.

UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:12:40 PM

For me, having its value on a spike or the quality of being highly volatile is still the better option for me, having this quality means I would be able to play may money and earn profit on my own. Having a steady growth is fine as well, and I can see many investors being happy with it, but I would choose the highly volatile bitcoin.

bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:47:27 PM

I like the current price stability, maybe this is my chance to start doing an investment in Bitcoin, at least the current situation will give me more time to learn and understand this investment, so when there will be price fluctuations or high jumps I already know what steps I have to take, at least I will not be confused anymore and minimize my mistakes in making decisions

fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:47:44 PM

I would rather see a slow and steady growth rather than a strong upward spike. We all witnessed the insane parabolic rise which happened during some time in November to December 2017 and we all know what followed through. We are still experiencing the effect of the hype until now but the stable current price of BTC shows a strong support which is a good and healthy sign in the crypto market.
dat.ho12492

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 03:21:15 PM

I would rather see a slow and steady growth rather than a strong upward spike. We all witnessed the insane parabolic rise which happened during some time in November to December 2017 and we all know what followed through. We are still experiencing the effect of the hype until now but the stable current price of BTC shows a strong support which is a good and healthy sign in the crypto market.
I know you like stability and safety but we will need a very long time to get the profit we want, I do not think everyone has the patience to wait, most people will like the strong spike, although this can bring a lot of side effects after it's over but we will definitely get very quick profits. And then we can withdraw from this market if we want, in your case, everything can slowly come up and stabilize but I can not know when it can reach its peak, people will be very upset with that, typically the current situation, too slow

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1336

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:17:32 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2018, 09:11:02 PM by Silberman

Steady growth will be a lot more convenient if what we want is to attract long term investors and we want that businesses begin to use bitcoin as a form of payment but it is my belief that what we are going to see this more of the same, bitcoin is going to remain stagnant for some time and then it is going to skyrocket and then it is going to crash periodically.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: