Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:23:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Your biggest bitcoin regrets?  (Read 42966 times)
marley22

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:50:29 PM

Not fully taking the time education myself about cryptocurrency until just recently.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
killed

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:56:56 PM

My only regret is that I can not wait longer for bitcoin prices to go up and instantly sell it when I'm actually not in need of money.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10220

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:51:04 PM

What are some of your biggest bitcoin regrets, and what were you thinking back then?

Besides "not getting in sooner"  Grin

Obligatory: BFL  Tongue

EDIT: Bitcoin "mistakes" go here =)
Trapped in trading by buying high prices, and then down  Cry

There might not have been anything wrong with buying high, as long as you were able to wait out the market.

However, I think that the problem that you are describing is getting caught up in the hype of the price movements, and then you buy as the price is going up and sell as the price is going down.. So you end up losing because you are doing the opposite of what you should be doing, and you don't have enough patience to wait out the market, which in bitcoin will pay off.

So the better strategy is to buy on the way down and to sell on the way up.  Easier said than done, but if you can exercise discipline to do that, then your strategy should be tailored into accumulation of bitcoin and waiting out the short and medium movements, and when you sell on the way up, don't sell too many because you want to continue to have bitcoin when the price goes higher than you expected, which can take some time to play out, too.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:07:45 AM

What are some of your biggest bitcoin regrets, and what were you thinking back then?

Trapped in trading by buying high prices, and then down  Cry

There might not have been anything wrong with buying high, as long as you were able to wait out the market.

However, I think that the problem that you are describing is getting caught up in the hype of the price movements, and then you buy as the price is going up and sell as the price is going down.. So you end up losing because you are doing the opposite of what you should be doing, and you don't have enough patience to wait out the market, which in bitcoin will pay off.

So the better strategy is to buy on the way down and to sell on the way up.  Easier said than done, but if you can exercise discipline to do that, then your strategy should be tailored into accumulation of bitcoin and waiting out the short and medium movements, and when you sell on the way up, don't sell too many because you want to continue to have bitcoin when the price goes higher than you expected, which can take some time to play out, too.

Hi Jay, this is one of the best advice I have read here. And yes, it is easier said than done because we tend to be ruled out by our emotions versus our game plan of buying low and selling high. I myself is guilty of it that is why I always thrive hard to be disciplined enough in my trading and only follow my strategy without emotions.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:03:18 PM

Actually my regrets in bitcoins are not too big but it still matters to me. I regret for spending too much time in claiming in bitcoin faucets because before I believed that it is a good source of earning since it is free but later on I realized that I'm only wasting my time and effort in returning to website every hour/minute and in solving so many captchas and get only fractions of bitcoins in return. I realized that my losses are bigger compare to my earnings so I decided to stop it.
my biggest regret in this industry when the bitcoin is involved is i haven't invest in early time. yeah. i know that every time is a right time to invest but the best time is to invest when the price is very low because the percentage of earnings when the bitcoin is up, it is like an greatest moment in our life. but i invest in nor right time so the price are so much expensive. in short, i don't wait , i'll invest rushy and the result is negative.
AlexandrInt

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:07:06 PM

Bitcoin is a good coin, but it can be too unstable, so I would like to have fewer such moments of price drops, if there were no such large dips, I do not know what would happen to the price in General?!

Marlo0619

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:16:54 PM

Well I'm not investing yet in bitcoin because I dont have any extra money in case the money will not return. I will definitely invest in the future. But for now, i'll pass. In this forum, my biggest mistake is that I didn't learn this forum and all about bitcoin earlier. I saw my friends using it and they are rich now. While me, I am just starting.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
superman99

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:52:00 PM

My greatest bitcoin regret is that I do some altcoin trading and now all my altcoins are stuck there. I can not sell it because it's actually less than 50% of my capital from the price I bought it. I wish I could just store it and enjoy the continuous boom of bitcoin now. After I sold those altcoins, I would give up the altcoin deal and just focus on earning the bitcoin.
ksupriya94

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:09:15 PM

The biggest regret for bitcoin is i bought bitcoin in November 2017 at $12800 and didn't sell it in Decemeber 2017 or january 2018. I am waiting now for appreciation in bitcoin price.
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 04:13:09 PM

Well all of us do commit mistakes and it is up also to that person on how grave the situation would be because we are unique and we are also having our own barometers and measurement tools that would tell us how big is the problem or the regrets that we may. Well anyway i do also have regrets and that regret is when i invested on crypto and then done panic selling. But now i already move on.
avarnet

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:17:48 PM

if I was alone last year 2017. with a further price of 150 million I hurriedly sold all of my bitcoin, even though at the end of last year the price of bitcoin was a little more than 300 million. and that my regret for getting huge profits was lost because of my own impatience
Irwandho

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:29:48 PM

Buying the peak and selling the dump. I've learned my lesson though, I will hold from now on and forget about the pump and dump cycles.

I think Having a broad user base increases the chances of getting enough talented people who are motivated enough to complete the job of getting networks from the ground.
We have a little clue about what is happening. But Satoshi's agreement to distance himself from gpu mining meant that bitcoin was widespread to many people.
xbossJ

Activity: 278
Merit: 5

Invest and play

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 04:50:32 PM

My biggest bitcoin regrets would be first; selling my 1.7BTC last year in august when china caused a crash by threatening to shutdown the use of bitcoin, ICOs, and mining! That was my first shot at crypto. was lucky to have bought bitcoin at $1500 so I had 1.7BTC for fear of loosing money when I attempted day trading coinciding with the news from china, I had to liquidate to $ immediately  because I never had that volatillity experience. 3 months after bitcoin was trading at $200r00. what a life! My second experience and most regretful was after I lost on bitcoin, I had the chance of making money on electra. I did made money but did I cash out??? No I went for ICOs because of the lies that most whitepapers told. And that was how I got to ground zero! worse than I began

Faireum.io   Pre-Sale: 25 March 2019  
────  Invest / Play ...Or why not both?
dang thi bich thuy

Activity: 381
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:22:40 PM

My biggest regret is that I do not know much about Bitcoin. When bitcoin price begin to rise in late 2017, early 2018, I would never have opportunity to become rich again.
Ace Amias

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:27:50 PM

Not buying it when it was started because if I bought it at that time I could probably sell it 11000$ and make more profit but I have no idea that it will be rise that much.
Solmaz33

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:30:20 PM

It was rising in time. I got out of my possession with fear that the stock market would fall, and I got myself a car. I waited 2 more weeks and I could build a vehicle fleet. I'm not a pathetic patience I could not wait for this..
larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:33:13 PM

I Found bitcoin when its price was 300 USD, everybody was telling that Bitcoin price will grow, but I did not hear them, rather I thought they are the fool. But day by day I have proved that the real fool is me. Sometimes I think why I did not buy that time, why!
ayambawang

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:01:52 PM

not trusting bitcoin from the past and ignoring the invitation of my friends to join bitcoin, I know bitcoin from my friend a few years ago but I ignored it even though at that time I was holding a lot of money and asking for an investment recommendation on my friend, and he suggested me bitcoin but I did not obey it because at that time I considered it all just nonsense, really I really regretted it
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:35:31 PM

There is no regret, everything must continue. When we have missed the train then we have to chase it, whether by car or plane we don't miss too much.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10220

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:24:50 PM

I Found bitcoin when its price was 300 USD, everybody was telling that Bitcoin price will grow, but I did not hear them, rather I thought they are the fool. But day by day I have proved that the real fool is me. Sometimes I think why I did not buy that time, why!

O.k.  Fair enough that you have some regrets of NOT buying earlier.  My question to you is whether you have currently taken a bitcoin position and do you have a current BTC accumulation strategy or have you already accumulated a sufficient amount of BTC and perhaps your current plan is maintenance of your current BTC stash, and if so, what would that plan be? 

Surely, any of us can have some regrets that we did not buy or begin to strategize to buy BTC at lower prices; however, one way to lessen the impact of those regrets is to establish a current plan, attempt to follow the plan and then to tweak the plan from time to time in order to attempt to learn from any (likely inevitable) mistakes we make along the way (and the tweaking will likely result in the improvement of any previous plan, so long as we are really learning (or at least attempting to learn) from our mistakes).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: