June 21, 2024, 04:04:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The United States is:
Still the American Dream - 28 (11.9%)
Just a place - 44 (18.7%)
Fat people - 72 (30.6%)
The land of legal money laundering and money injection - 70 (29.8%)
idgaf - 21 (8.9%)
Total Voters: 235

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinion on the US  (Read 18937 times)
Oldgamer

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:26:16 AM

a lot of good people living under a dangerous government. The world would be a lot better place if the US government didn't exist.

The same tune has been sung for every empire in history Tongue  If it's not the US, it's somebody else.
What I see as different (the only "American Exceptionalism" that I subscribe to) is that past empires didn't hide that they were empires. Most embraced it as a righteous cause (it's not, but that's not the point), and even those that didn't, didn't pretend to be something else.

The United States of America, LLC. pretends that it isn't an empire. Even teaches it in schools to the point that the youth buy it, often for a lifetime.

Yet every action they take is aimed at expanding both territorially and legally into the lives of everyone. They even use the language of empire, such as "nation building" and "expanding our influence" and similar things, but haven't the courage to admit what they are. Or rather, they are more into lying than telling the truth. I'm not sure which it is, but I suspect the latter. In my time in american politics, I found that most politicians would prefer a stolen dime to an honestly gained dollar.
What are you talking about? Ask Russians and they still believe that Russia is not empire, despite that Russia was always empire and got a lot of surrounding countries under. And continuous to do so (see 2008 conflict in Georgia). So, again, what countries admit that they are empires?

Oldgamer

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:31:35 AM

The worst thing about it is having to foot the bill for every illegal alien / welfare family in the country. Sad

What's next?

Don't you love thy neighbour? Don't you wish to do them what you wish to be done to you?

Don't you think that it is not right to illegally cross the border and then bash the government of the country who still give you shelter and people who pay taxes to keep you alive, while you work for cash and do not pay taxes? If you hate that country so much, why you do not leave to better place?
This country can be just better without people who want a free pie.

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:19:07 AM

it's kind of hard to generalize a country of 300 million, much less a country of 3 million. it's really hard to make a judgment on american society, since there are so many pieces to the pie.. but generally speaking, i think the negative opinion of americans is justified. compared to the rest of the developed world, i think we love our guns and we're definitely more capitalistic. we have more big corporations that exist only to suck the life of out of the general population, and then we have lots of bible thumping science haters.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:58:16 AM

it's kind of hard to generalize a country of 300 million, much less a country of 3 million. it's really hard to make a judgment on american society, since there are so many pieces to the pie.. but generally speaking, i think the negative opinion of americans is justified. compared to the rest of the developed world, i think we love our guns and we're definitely more capitalistic. we have more big corporations that exist only to suck the life of out of the general population, and then we have lots of bible thumping science haters.

On the other hand, there are notable segments of our society where free thinking and a fairly healthy quasi-rejection of standard consumer-centric materialism are pronounced.  I'm thinking of the hippie types I grew up around, but many of them still exist in more or less the same form, and a segment of the younger population follows that general mold.  Perhaps there are such segments in most countries, but I have not seen much sign of it.  I'll bet that there is something similar going on in some of the more developed Western countries, but I have my doubts that the same thing exists in nearly such percentages in East Asia, Russia, etc.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:48:24 AM

On the other hand, there are notable segments of our society where free thinking and a fairly healthy quasi-rejection of standard consumer-centric materialism are pronounced.  I'm thinking of the hippie types I grew up around, but many of them still exist in more or less the same form, and a segment of the younger population follows that general mold.  Perhaps there are such segments in most countries, but I have not seen much sign of it.  I'll bet that there is something similar going on in some of the more developed Western countries, but I have my doubts that the same thing exists in nearly such percentages in East Asia, Russia, etc.

the way i see america right now.. is that it is falling apart. more and more groups of people are becoming extreme, especially the white southerners. this is starting to cause some racial/cultural unrest, as they are seeing greater numbers of non-whites coming into the country (that's why there's so much xenophobia on fox news). meanwhile, the people living in metropolitan cities are becoming more diverse, tolerant and liberal.

the problem is that rich people are using the ignorance of white conservatives.. they are basically the foot soldiers doing the dirty work (and profit from it). oddly enough, upper class conservatives are pushing this non-education agenda, and it seems to be working.

democrats on the other hand are offering free shit to buy approval of the poor/ethnic classes.
ajax3592

Activity: 210

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 11:21:24 AM

AMERICA IS EVIL 

All bad that you can imagine in today's world is somewhere related to world-wide actions of America.

They create their own terrorists then, tell them to attack the country they need oil from. Then, after a attack  they show the world they are the saviors and send their army in thousands to that country. And inside they smuggle all the resources of that country.

- 9/11 was done by America itself, to create a fake Osama named puppet and get resources from Afghanistan.  Undecided

- GM seeds from america have spread all over the world to spread cancer, so that their tie up with medical industries reaches new heights while more & more people buy cancer treatment.

- The western medicine is a trap, when you buy a medicine it stops the symptoms of one disease, and inturn spreads another disease so you have to buy more medicines, and on and on in a cycle ~

- They spend billions on warfare technology but not on positive thing for example like how vehicles can get a alternative natural fuel or run on solar power.

..much more I can write a whole book on this. Its high time the world needs to know of the bad deeds of America

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
j68r

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 12:15:23 PM

a lot of good people living under a dangerous government. The world would be a lot better place if the US government didn't exist.
Thanks to this government you still can say it loud.
Try to do this somewhere in North Korea.

Not much of an endorsement is it.

"we're not as bad as NK" (yet)

1Bjgt6S6Mk3GsAPM4Mx4RGS4zYhoFURyCZ
Ecurb123

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 12:29:30 PM

Thanks to this government you still can say it loud.
Try to do this somewhere in North Korea.

not true, in fact it's just the opposite.
crumbs

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:00:01 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2013, 06:22:49 PM by crumbs

AMERICA IS EVIL  

All bad that you can imagine in today's world is somewhere related to world-wide actions of America.

They create their own terrorists then, tell them to attack the country they need oil from. Then, after a attack  they show the world they are the saviors and send their army in thousands to that country. And inside they smuggle all the resources of that country.

- 9/11 was done by America itself, to create a fake Osama named puppet and get resources from Afghanistan.  Undecided

...and we pulled it off , too!  That's how slick my boy Obama is.  

- GM seeds from america have spread all over the world to spread cancer, so that their tie up with medical industries reaches new heights while more & more people buy cancer treatment.

Lolz, you don't know the half of it.  Not only do we give you cancer, we giving your cancer cancer & afterwards you can't even die right!  You turn into zomblers doing Obama's bidding!  

- The western medicine is a trap, when you buy a medicine it stops the symptoms of one disease, and inturn spreads another disease so you have to buy more medicines, and on and on in a cycle ~

Now you're saying that, just wait 'till you turn into a grain zombie!  You'll chew out your own eyeballs for a Preparation H fix.  Ever had zombie hemorrhoids?  Too awful to talk about.

- They spend billions on warfare technology but not on positive thing for example like how vehicles can get a alternative natural fuel or run on solar power.

ORLY?  Pesky foreigner, we had Atomic Cars since the '50s. Cool

..much more I can write a whole book on this. Its high time the world needs to know of the bad deeds of America

Yeah, me too.  We should partner up.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:08:40 PM

AMERICA IS EVIL  THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

They create their own terrorists then, tell them to attack the country they need oil from. Then, after a attack  they show the world they are the saviors and send their army in thousands to that country. And inside they smuggle all the resources of that country.

- 9/11 was done by America itself, to create a fake Osama named puppet and get resources from Afghanistan.  Undecided

FTFY. Most of the people of America don't have a clue, though the internet being everywhere is helping.

I do think some of the things you've listed are more accidental and synergistic than deliberate, but unfortunately I have to agree with the bulk of you statement. It sucks being born in America long enough ago to remember when they actually meant some of the things they preach. Or at least had some need to maintain the illusion.
werauchimmer

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:31:51 PM

If you are asking in regards to the individual US citizen, then it is a stupid generalizing question. I've met idiots and nice people in the US. Just like EVERYWHERE else on this planet I have been. The one thing I would say, is that US idiots are usually, ehm, heavier than in most other countries.  Roll Eyes

If you mean the US government: I am mad at my own right now, I have no time for anyone elses'. Though it would be nice of the US government to make at least a token effort of reigning in their intelligence services.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:10:52 PM

The land of law makers, making $1,000,000 per year. While a CEO barely gets to chance to make that amount, and create value with job creation.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:59:23 PM

The land of law makers, making $1,000,000 per year. While a CEO barely gets to chance to make that amount, and create value with job creation.

Huh?

Politicians 'create' probably more jobs than corporations now a-days and probably always have.  At least since the 30's.  Many of them through by contracting through corporations for various projects.  Some of the projects result in durable infrastructure, and some of them just burn money into the economy.

None of our politicians that I am aware of may $1M/year unless you count kickbacks which are increasingly common.  OTOH, that is not an uncommon earning for CEO's.

We do have GINI index which is up into the danger zone where bad things start to happen.  This, more than anything, explains the rapidly expanding investment in internal security infrastructure (e.g., the NSA programs and integration of state and corporate security apparatus.)  It is fascinating that China is similar in this regard.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 10:35:45 PM

I'm sorry, as a Canadian, I see Americans as plain fat people who have a huge nuclear explosion Grin
Loki8

Activity: 146

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:36:06 PM

I would like to know the general opinion of my country.
Nobody seems to like it, I don't really like it and it has this weird dollar thing.

My opinion is that America is built for the rich, geared for the rich, and laws are for the rich where the rich feel they don't need to play by the same rules as the rest of people

If you are poor in America, you are nothing, you considered a failure. There are 300 million different people in the US but the culture of hyper-consumerism and materialism is dominant.
crumbs

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:56:28 PM

I'm sorry, as a Canadian, I see Americans as plain fat people who have a huge nuclear explosion Grin

Canada's a real country?  It must be, right?  Always thought of it just as something that happens when you drive too far north...  Now that i think about it, we keep our old garden tractors & old furniture there, stuff like that...  Not really sure.
ajax3592

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 10:32:35 AM

Bitcoin has the power to suppress USA, if it becomes an international currency > > The value of US $ will fall >> US Banks will overtax >> People getting cash strapped >> Protests >>> REVOLUTION  Cool
Wish there was a way to tell all the poor citizens of USA its truth.
For e.g
That when they eat at their local McD's ~~ they eat "thing" which does not get spoilt for 4+ years if kept in open ~~that they contribute more to the GM industry when they eat at such food joints.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 10:34:25 AM

Canada's a real country?  It must be, right?  Always thought of it just as something that happens when you drive too far north...  Now that i think about it, we keep our old garden tractors & old furniture there, stuff like that...  Not really sure.

I'm not sure if USA is a real country either. It looks like weird mashup of pieces of desert and such run by corrupted tv show stars... Grin
And I don't even want to go to these pieces of desert... Grin

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 10:16:49 PM

Oldgamer

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:06:20 AM

I'm sorry, as an American, I see Canadians as people who travel in USA to fix they medical problems, as with their healthcare system they wait in line forever just to make MRI.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: