Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:37:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it too late for newbies to rank up on Bitcointalk?  (Read 341 times)
Karavadinos

Activity: 74
Merit: 5

IOS - The secure, scalable blockchain

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:33:46 PM

I just saw the Merit system and it is new to me and I read some post about the new merit system and I am asking if it is true that it is hard for a newbie to reach a higher rank because of the newly added system on this forum.
It is not about ranks, you can have a newbie level in this forum and yet you post useful informations, it's all about knowlegde it seems to be hard in the beginning i know, I myself still struggling to get merits to rank up, but no worries, if you learn enough about cryptocurrencies and build a good knowlegde about this field, you can share constructive posts and get to earn some merits, posts must be high qualified and have a great contents.

IOST >_INTERNET OF SERVICE TOKEN
SECURE & SCALABLE INFRASTRUCTURE | FOR INTELLIGENT SERVICES_<

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:55:18 PM

If am honest am going to have to say yes it may be too late.. unless, unless your name is nullius, if your name is nullius then you can rank up pretty smoothly.

Joking aside i think coming by merit is pretty hard, unless you post decent stuff in the main btc discussion forum and are very knowledgeable about the technicals, otherwise as a newbie you'll be lucky to get a few merit points a month.

:]
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:58:43 PM

There are people like philipma in the Altcoin mining sections that are trying to spread merits out to members in undermerited areas, but I also do agree most sections of the forum outside technicals and Meta lack activity in merits. I’ll personally try to see if I can do something of the sort in BTC mining or another subform, and I encourage others to do so as well.

If you want to make your posting better and make your posting activity better as well, don’t burst post. It’s  better to spread out your ideas over a longer period of time than spamming a few every couple hours, and increases posting quality most of the time as well.
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:05:46 PM

I just saw the Merit system and it is new to me and I read some post about the new merit system and I am asking if it is true that it is hard for a newbie to reach a higher rank because of the newly added system on this forum.

I was intrigued by the claim of this Newbie. How could you possibly and instantly be familiar about the new system, when at the start which is from your rank, merit buttons are not visible on the upper-right-hand side which is on the threads and Merit status from the profile. It will only be visible if you've already received at least 1 Merit (not 0.5, because that doesn't count). Which by the way you don't have.

Well, if for some reason, on the first section you've been, you already seen the Merit System you could dodge the bullet. But with 4 posts in total, you're cooking something.

Just like he said:

Assuming you're not an account farmer's alt account (which I think you are), if you're starting out here concerned with ranking up, you're here for all the wrong reasons.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
tekusa

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:32:56 PM

I support your opinion. Maybe it is going to be a new changing of the forum in the future - to not allow newbies to start a new thread.

Most of the forums have restrictions on new members like they are not allowed to use message feature and can post less frequently. I do not think that now allowing them to open a thread will be right. First of all, there may be cases when a members goes through some forum post through search engine traffic and then joins here to ask doubts. If you do not allow new members to make thread here, how will such a member ask his doubt. Another thing is that thread is something already public and thus if someone is misusing it, readers can use report to moderator option.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 06:04:30 PM

It depends on how you will create posts that will catch readers and has a very good point. If you are good enough to prove them that your post are extraordinary then it's easy for you to rank up. It also depends on what reason for aiming high ranks, maybe for bounties? if bounties you should learn some knowledge first and make some experience how cryptocurrency system works. If you are here for knowledge, then ranks are not bigdeal for you as long as you are full of learnings that can be useful for your future.
alexpadavani

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:24:42 PM

i dont get it, why do people here worry too much about merit
we are here because we know that the guide we are chasing is hidden here within the members of this community (THE KNOWLEDGE HERE)
you ask what you don't know and share what you know
its simple
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: