Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:48:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SilkRoad domain Seized?  (Read 46592 times)
alexanderanon

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:57:53 PM

Crazy shit:

This makes me think they were investigating SR rather casually. If I was a narc I could find DPR in 20 minutes if he made such flagrant errors.
Alpaca Bob

Activity: 153

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:58:08 PM

This happened pretty darn shortly after Atlantis shut down.

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:59:10 PM

can someone post a link to the full report?

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:59:30 PM

Crazy shit:

Wow I hate to say this.. but the owner of silkroad is an idiot..

And a murderer. We don't need murderers paying for "clean" or "un-clean" hits in BTC. What a piece of shit.

As many stated here, the fact he was caught is a good thing.

alexanderanon

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:00:43 PM

Anybody have the pdf on a different hosted site? The original is too flooded...
IncreaseMyT

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:01:39 PM

Has anybody posted "THIS IS A GOOD THING" yet?

I've read that already somewhere around, one claimed that he didn't wanted btc associated with SR, to be honest I feel the same way.

How do you feel about cash being associated with buying weed? Or cocaine? Maybe you should tell those folks you don't like your dollars being associated... bottom line is currency will be used to purchase items.

I am sorry but this post is way off the mark and poor attempt at explaining your position.  It is out of context.

One does not think anyone who has cash is automatically a criminal, but those who are uneducated think if you have a bitcoin you are a criminal.  Why is this?  If you search bitcoin you will found tons of media coverage on the criminal use of bitcoin, and find very little info on legitimate ways to benefit from the currency, unless you dig deeper.

So on the surface this is the general perception of bitcoin, but this is not the perception of cash in most cases.  So although they have many similarities as far as a currency goes, the public perception of these 2 currencies are not the same.

So yes I would like that perception to change and if it doesn't the bitcoin your holding will never be worth much more than it is now.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:02:20 PM

This worked for me:

http://www1.icsi.berkeley.edu/~nweaver/UlbrichtCriminalComplaint.pdf

I will mirror it if it comes/stays down
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:03:53 PM

Does anyone know what time (UTC) his arrest happened?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
IncreaseMyT

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:04:38 PM

Anybody have the pdf on a different hosted site? The original is too flooded...

Someone posted this link to it earlier http://www1.icsi.berkeley.edu/~nweaver/UlbrichtCriminalComplaint.pdf
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:06:47 PM

http://www.scribd.com/doc/172768269/Ulbricht-Criminal-Complaint

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:07:15 PM

I've read that already somewhere around, one claimed that he didn't wanted btc associated with SR, to be honest I feel the same way.

How do you feel about cash being associated with buying weed? Or cocaine? Maybe you should tell those folks you don't like your dollars being associated... bottom line is currency will be used to purchase items. There is nothing inherently wrong with what SR was doing - what's wrong is the overstepping of jurisdiction by the US, crushing personal freedoms and enforcing lifestyle mandates as well as long term incarceration for voluntary behaviors. If no one was buying anything, what's the point of a medium of transfer? Let people buy what they want, so long as they aren't bothering you. SR wasn't just a boon to BTC, it was a boon to the world, circumventing tyrannical oppression of lifestyle mandate...

Hell, our tax -dollars- buy bombs and murders all day, far more than have ever even been considered to purchase with coin, I don't see enough people complaining to those ordering the hits..

Are you seriously supporting SR? Your opinion might change if your kids were hooked on drugs. Society has rules to keep the strong from preying on the weak. Yes, it's a very flawed system but a necessary one. Would you really want to live in a world where it's ok to buy a contract to murder someone because they upset you. I wouldn't.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:09:03 PM

How do you feel about cash being associated with buying weed? Or cocaine? Maybe you should tell those folks you don't like your dollars being associated... bottom line is currency will be used to purchase items. There is nothing inherently wrong with what SR was doing - what's wrong is the overstepping of jurisdiction by the US, crushing personal freedoms and enforcing lifestyle mandates as well as long term incarceration for voluntary behaviors. If no one was buying anything, what's the point of a medium of transfer? Let people buy what they want, so long as they aren't bothering you. SR wasn't just a boon to BTC, it was a boon to the world, circumventing tyrannical oppression of lifestyle mandate...

Hell, our tax -dollars- buy bombs and murders all day, far more than have ever even been considered to purchase with coin, I don't see enough people complaining to those ordering the hits..

Are you seriously supporting SR? Your opinion might change if your kids were hooked on drugs. Society has rules to keep the strong from preying on the weak. Yes, it's a very flawed system but a necessary one. Would you really want to live in a world where it's ok to buy a contract to murder someone because they upset you. I wouldn't.

Well, I personally don't have anything against drugs, while I would never engage any activity that could get me in jail: not only because of self-protection, also because I would never do that to my kids and family. That said, I have a lot against cold blooded murders who hire hitmans and pay upon receival of a picture of a corpse. That's disgusting. Honestly: if that's true, may he rot in jail forever.

BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:10:28 PM

How do you feel about cash being associated with buying weed? Or cocaine? Maybe you should tell those folks you don't like your dollars being associated... bottom line is currency will be used to purchase items.

I am sorry but this post is way off the mark and poor attempt at explaining your position.  It is out of context.

One does not think anyone who has cash is automatically a criminal, but those who are uneducated think if you have a bitcoin you are a criminal.  Why is this?  If you search bitcoin you will found tons of media coverage on the criminal use of bitcoin, and find very little info on legitimate ways to benefit from the currency, unless you dig deeper.

So on the surface this is the general perception of bitcoin, but this is not the perception of cash in most cases.  So although they have many similarities as far as a currency goes, the public perception of these 2 currencies are not the same.

So yes I would like that perception to change and if it doesn't the bitcoin your holding will never be worth much more than it is now.

Quite simply, I think the answer to your question lies within the query itself. They are uneducated and not much is going to change that.

BTC Long.
UncleBobs

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

It From Bit

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:12:47 PM

Probably a good time to sell, speculation-wise...

Or to buy  Wink

Let's see how good our forecasting skills are.

Short term it's a definite sell. The number of people who haven't heard this story yet is high, and the number whom it will make very nervous is also high Smiley

Disobey the Thought Police.  Resist Totalitarian Humanism.
http://attackthesystem.com/?s=totalitarian+humanism
Ipsum

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:14:33 PM

Wonder what took them so long? DPR was an arrogant schmuck, and this was inevitable. Poke the bull, get the horns.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:15:11 PM

no, seriously, i thought the last place on earth DPR would want to be at is US.

ok
IncreaseMyT

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:15:29 PM

Someone tell me when its time to buy  Grin How low could this possibly go?  Do you think it will hit $75 like it did back in July?

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:16:06 PM

"to send their responses to rosselbricht @ gamil.com", how could he be so sloppy ?
IncreaseMyT

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:17:30 PM

Quite simply, I think the answer to your question lies within the query itself. They are uneducated and not much is going to change that.

Public perception can change and uneducated or educated people tend to follow like sheep.  So if the perception was positive, you can bet your ass things would change.
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:17:53 PM

That we can wait and see if bitcoin has legs and can withstand SR failing overnight?
+1
I believe the downfall of SR removes a common critic of bitcoin that it facilitates "illicit" trade.
By showing that bitcoin is not the ideal tool for tax evasion or drug dealing but simply a tool for people to transact on their own terms, this event is a positive milestone.
Bitcoin is growing up and there is always a sense of loss in the process but it's the price to pay for it to become really big..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: