Bitcoin Forum
June 10, 2024, 08:50:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SilkRoad domain Seized?  (Read 46594 times)
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:12:19 PM

wow.. he's against hitmen?  What a hypocrite piece of shit..

Indeed.

That's assuming the government's story is on the up and up, an assumption that can no longer be made from the outset.

No I was agreeing with calling those that are against using the hitman a hypocrite. I would if someone blackmailed me and I thought I would get away with it. You guys would not? Seriously Huh

The blackmail was about nothing more than MONEY.  Once you hire a hitman, it's about someone's LIFE, and is considered a whole new level.  It's hard not to sympathize with a man with 3 kids, do you think they deserve to see their daddy murdered just because he tried to blackmail someone?

stepkrav

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:13:04 PM

FBI seized Silk Road's bitcoins and liquified them instantly. Panic sell by the Feds. Lovely.  Cool
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:14:48 PM

FBI seized Silk Road's bitcoins and liquified them instantly. Panic sell by the Feds. Lovely.  Cool

They must have used bitstamp.. it sold a lot harder than gox

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:15:11 PM

Get rid of the evidence even before the trial starts?  I think not.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:16:33 PM

Get rid of the evidence even before the trial starts?  I think not.

The money made from selling the bitcoins would still be considered evidence, as well as the blockchain itself..

AC130AS

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:16:58 PM

1) He ordered a hitman to kill a blackmailer, threatning him for BTC everyones user and address,
 consqequences if blackmail succeeded.
 1) Tor will be vulnerable by this jackass
 2) Bitcoin will be flactuated
 3) SR will be down
 4) Several thousands of users will be at risk
 5) He can tell the FBI how to use Tor and its vulnerabilites if he knew.
I think it was a good thing, one guy dead, over thousands of peoples info at risk and their lives ruined, plus he mad millions of this site and put some hard work into it, you think he was going to let us down?

2) DPR put aaall his BTC into one wallet, which was a mistake, he should of put into multiple wallets little by little.

3) He revealed his true name in some forums and his email address

4) Ordered some fake id's to possibly move to state to state under alliases, but intercepted by the feds, possible investigation was probaly ongoing after the few forums mistakes.

5) He used a nearby cafe wifi to run his servers by his house.

Now tell me how many mistakes he did to fuck up. Overall he is a good kid, full of education, majored in studies, college, chemical engenerring, blah blah blah. But he doesnt seem the type of guy to do this. Overall he saved me 2 years ago, whn SR first opened and I had a herniated disk in my spine, the vicodin pills made my heart rate drop, side ffects of chills, fainting, nausea. hated that, I tried marijuana, and then on that was my medicine, but my state didnt allow medical use of it, and resorted to silk road. It was until then I dint need it anymore since my state passed the medical marijuana bill, but I say thank you to him for saving my life. R.I.P. SR. Sad Embarrassed
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:22:12 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2013, 08:39:51 PM by malevolent

Indeed.
That's assuming the government's story is on the up and up, an assumption that can no longer be made from the outset.
No I was agreeing with calling those that are against using the hitman a hypocrite. I would if someone blackmailed me and I thought I would get away with it. You guys would not? Seriously Huh
The blackmail was about nothing more than MONEY.  Once you hire a hitman, it's about someone's LIFE, and is considered a whole new level.  It's hard not to sympathize with a man with 3 kids, do you think they deserve to see their daddy murdered just because he tried to blackmail someone?

I think it's too early to speculate but a lot more was at stake. If the blackmailer had released compromising information about SR users this could result in a lot more broken families.
It seems to me that as a libertarian, DPR was acting within the non-agression principle.

Signature space available for rent.
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:22:56 PM

Indeed.

blackmail = extortion = felony.  hitman = felony, murder = felony, money laundering at this level= felony, drug trafficking medium = felony; and I'd like to know more about the "victim" and the "hitman".   Who was the victim with 3 kids?  How do we know he had 3 kids?  Who was the hitman?  Who is the "hitman"?
AC130AS

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:23:08 PM

Indeed.

That is not DPR's responsibility but that blackmailing scumbag's.

I maybe agreeing, but still theres alot of factors out there that lead to his arrest and he should of laid low and more anonymous when he promised to stay like that.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:25:58 PM

Indeed.

I strongly disagree, someone with a minimum sense of humanity would prefer to shut down its business before killing someone... The fact DPR himself told to the hitman "wife + 3 kids" when describing his "target" is way beyond evil. My stomach hurts and my mind spins just to think about it.

Filthy money and the awful things that people is capable to do for it...

EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:28:39 PM

By the way - I'm amazed at how many people are surprised that a drug dealer with extreme anarcho-capitalist tendencies turned out to be not a swell guy! Imagine that!
This comment reveals a lot more about your character than DPR's.

+1

Lots of disappointments today.

The Silk Road is gone.

DPR apparently was a murderer.

Mike Hearn is an authoritarian asshole.

Fuck this shit.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:30:51 PM

the price recovered very quickly seems someone was there ready to buy the dip

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:31:04 PM

Indeed.

I think it's too early to speculate but a lot more was at stake. If the blackmailer had released compromising information about SR users this could result in a lot more broken families.
As a libertarian, DPR was acting within the non-agression principle

Wow, so now "libertarians" justify cold-blooded murder in order to protect "their property"? They justify paying a hitman after having received a picture of a corpse as a proof the murder was indeed committed, so they can protect their source of income?

Let me vomit on US-libertarian "ideals" if that is true. A fact remains: 99% of crimes are property related. True anarchists (the original ones, those that don't have the "anarcho-" prefix applied by Rothbard) were always against private property of means of production (=capitalism) precisely because of that.

AC130AS

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:35:11 PM

How do we know if the guy has 3 kids, sources?
TheEmperor

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:35:43 PM

It said that messages sent in March and April indicated he had "solicited a murder-for-hire" of a Canadian Silk Road user nicknamed FriendlyChemist who had tried to extort money by threatening to release the identities of thousands of the site's users.

Subsequent messages indicated he had been sent a photograph of the victim after paying $150,000 to have the blackmailer killed.

"I've received the picture and deleted it. Thank you again for your swift action," Mr Ulbricht is alleged to have written to an assassin.

However, the court documents note that Canadian law enforcers have said there was no record of a homicide taking place in White Rock, British Columbia at the time.

Source:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24373759

Maybe the murder is a set up?

If they have had access since July the surely they would have known about this and busted him sooner. Is that not First Degree?

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
3. Kill people with Kindness.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:36:08 PM

I strongly disagree, someone with a minimum sense of humanity would prefer to shut down its business before killing someone... The fact DPR himself told to the hitman "wife + 3 kids" when describing his "target" is way beyond evil. My stomach hurts and my mind spins just to think about it.

Then our ethics are conflicting. To me it feels like justice.

Seriously, you are scaring me now. I can't see where justice is in a world in which people can sleep by knowing they have ordered the murder of a father of three just because of MONEY.

Some guys seem to hate government thugs that violently protect the economic interests of their masters, but it seems ok for them to hire their own thugs to protect their very own economic interests. That's ok, as long as you can afford to pay the hitman's fee, right? That's your "libertarian" utopia?

cbhelp

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:36:13 PM

How do we know if the guy has 3 kids, sources?

its pretty obvious the guy was the same guy as the assassain.....
mmitech
Legendary

Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:36:39 PM

Indeed.

Then our ethics are conflicting. To me it feels like justice.

now who are the terrorists ? sure Arabs defending their lands called that !!! but a drug dealer taking a life is a hero for getting justice ? .... WOW you've got some logic there, I am really shocked.... you encourage drugs and murder what this makes you, let me think about the right word for that.....
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:37:23 PM

We don't know if DPR actually did what he is accused of or not. If he did it's a vile thing to do.

Despite no one here having any way of verifying the truth or falsehood of the allegations, some people are more than happy to to use it to advance their own unrelated agenda. For those people, I doubt the truth actually matters.
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:38:50 PM

I wouldn't put myself in such a position to start with. Somebody above made some comparisons to Walter White. It's quite similar indeed.

I know you didn't ask, but just in case you don't know, you don't have the right to kill someone just because this someone is threatening to reveal some deep secrets of yours - even if such exposure would eventually put your life in danger. If he was threatening your life directly, and you knew he had the means and was serious, then perhaps it could pass as self-defense. But killing a blackmailer, no. If DPR followed the libertarian ethics he claimed to follow he'd know that.

That said, I read that part of the indictment and I have the impression no killing ever took place. The "supplier", who supposedly performed the killing, was probably the blackmailer himself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: