Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:11:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: People panic selling will be losing money.  (Read 1270 times)
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:46:29 PM

im buying all ya cheap coins.
Never used silkroad, and is apparently never going to. This day is a sucess for bitcoin, it is the first real move for bitcoin to be introduced into the real world and people being held accountable for their actions. its good for the public that bitcoin is more the just drug and scams.

Its good that silkroad got closed.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 08:02:12 PM

And it doesn't matter in the longer term because fresh "Silk Roads" that are more resilient will come along to fill the vacuum. I am not knowledgeable enough to run an operation like this, but hopefully anyone who has the guts and determination to try will be smart enough not to be living in the US, for one. Try a tinpot country where you can bribe officials to look the other way, perhaps.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:07:13 PM

And it doesn't matter in the longer term because fresh "Silk Roads" that are more resilient will come along to fill the vacuum. I am not knowledgeable enough to run an operation like this, but hopefully anyone who has the guts and determination to try will be smart enough not to be living in the US, for one. Try a tinpot country where you can bribe officials to look the other way, perhaps.
yes, of course more will come, and more will get closed. But its still good for bitcoin and user of it to show that local law will be enforced, as it should be. Bitcoin is not a magic shield against the law.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:13:04 PM

Never used silkroad, and is apparently never going to. This day is a sucess for bitcoin, it is the first real move for bitcoin to be introduced into the real world and people being held accountable for their actions. its good for the public that bitcoin is more the just drug and scams.

Can you define accountability in this scenario? Pretty sure Bitcoin is exactly what it was a week ago, regardless of SR..

BTC Long.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:18:01 PM

Please do panic. Panic has been the single most profitable element in my bitcoin strategy. I buy when there is panic selling and spend during panic buying.

In two weeks the ones who sold low will be back at these forums calling bitcoin a scam because they lost money. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:21:36 PM

Can you define accountability in this scenario? Pretty sure Bitcoin is exactly what it was a week ago, regardless of SR..
Exactly. the accountability was directed at the silkroad people, they are not above the law.

btdir

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:29:31 PM

people should be held accountable
pinnpe

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

DumBlinDeaf

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:32:11 PM

I bought a few Bitcoins Bitcoins Bitcoins
I bought a feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Bitcoins!!!!!!
aceking

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:20:22 PM

price is to 127 already , in the long is better for bitcoin that criminals got busted.
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 10:54:28 PM

Accurate statement. Bitcoin will creep back up in price once people realise this isn't at all a big deal.

http://cryptolife.net/silk-road-takedown-bitcoin-great-buy-right-now/

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:00:43 PM

meh. people who panic sold near the top did pretty good for themselves.
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:06:08 PM

meh. people who panic sold near the top did pretty good for themselves.
Yes, those who panic first, panic the best.
But if you panic later on, you could happen to be the last one.
wopwop

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:14:27 PM

Yawn
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:40:29 PM

Actually I thought the price should skyrocketing following the news, since all the drug dealers now have to convert their stash into bitcoins. Cash out to dollar make them a easy target of confiscation/frozen, as long as they are operating in the banking system, there is no way of escape

Who is selling coins? Not long term investors for sure, not drug dealers either...

theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:57:45 PM

Who is selling coins? Not long term investors for sure, not drug dealers either...

Speculators obviously. Also, I suppose, potential drug-buyers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: