Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:37:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DPR is a hero!  (Read 6826 times)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:38:27 AM

DPR is a great man we should thank him for promoting free market.

Bet DPR ain't feeling too great at present.  Cheesy

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:05:50 PM

What is the story behind DPR?

He's fucked.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:26:31 PM

The why?
For running a narcotics black market and ordering the murder of two men.

The how?
By big burly men in a loving embrace in the prison showers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:29:39 PM

Why?  Because he's been caught doing things considered by most of his countrymen to be illegal.  He's already undergone 'violence' and will continue to do so for the rest of his natural life.

How?  Badly.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
greyhawk

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:31:17 PM

Murder of two men?
Did they die  Shocked

That's what murder usually does to a person.

Only in this case I should have elaborated. The murders were staged and no one was hurt during the production of the drama.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:47:13 PM

Murder of two men?
Did they die  Shocked

That's what murder usually does to a person.

Only in this case I should have elaborated. The murders were staged and no one was hurt during the production of the drama.

No need to elaborate.  You accurately said 'ordered'.  It does seem like he took to ordering contract murder like a fish to water though.  That's probably why he was taken down in spite of the wealth of intel data coming of SR.

---

Looks to me like Xanis is trying to believe that DPR should be let off the hook because nobody died.

This reminds me of the epic drunk driving thread.  A whole slew of Libertarians simply could not see a problem with drunk driving unless one is unfortunate enough to get into an accident and kill someone while doing so.  And they appeared to make an earnest attempt to contemplate the issue.  Sadly.  These people will always be fringe outliers in society and it's kind of a shame because a lot of their core beliefs about 'liberty' are actually pretty good.  Fortunately, though, Libertarians don't monopolize some of these concepts though here again they often fool themselves into believing that they do.

greyhawk

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:50:47 PM

This reminds me of the epic drunk driving thread.  A whole slew of Libertarians simply could not see a problem with drunk driving unless one is unfortunate enough to get into an accident and kill someone while doing so.  And they appeared to make an earnest attempt to contemplate the issue.  Sadly.  These people will always be fringe outliers in society and it's kind of a shame because a lot of their core beliefs about 'liberty' are actually pretty good.  Fortunately, though, Libertarians don't monopolize some of these concepts though here again they often fool themselves into believing that they do.

Reminds me of the "AM I UNDER ARREST" video with the two drunk Aussie libertarians getting into a race with the popo then shitting their pants when they get their windows kicked in.
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 08:04:00 PM

DPR's hired a new lawyer, Joshua Dratel: http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/10/16/alleged-silk-road-creators-new-lawyer-defended-guantanamo-detainee-nsa-target/

"“From what I’ve heard I feel pretty good about the case,” says Dratel. “Part of the reward [of being a defense attorney] is taking a case that’s defensible. That’s one of the reasons this case is attractive.”

“Among the people I’ve spoken to who know him in any way, all are firm in their belief that Ross is not guilty of the charges,”

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:22:17 PM

DPR's hired a new lawyer, Joshua Dratel: http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/10/16/alleged-silk-road-creators-new-lawyer-defended-guantanamo-detainee-nsa-target/

"“From what I’ve heard I feel pretty good about the case,” says Dratel. “Part of the reward [of being a defense attorney] is taking a case that’s defensible. That’s one of the reasons this case is attractive.”

“Among the people I’ve spoken to who know him in any way, all are firm in their belief that Ross is not guilty of the charges,”

Standard boilerplate for a defense statement.

I don't rule out that we've received massaged information about DPR's supposed crimes from the government, but it seems unlikely that it would be made up out of whole cloth since the case will be followed with interest when it goes to court.  If it does not go to court, or if substantial evidence is hidden for 'national security' reasons, this would be mighty suspicious and will cast legitimate doubt on the outcome.  At this point I would guess it most likely that DPR is indeed responsible for much of what he is accused of, and much of it does not look to good (to me at least.)

Ultimately I'll reserve most of my judgement until I see how the trial proceeds.  Even if the guy was a goob, there is enough doubt inherent in the development and operation of SR that the 'beyond a reasonable doubt' standard might be difficult to meet in some of the counts leveled against him.  Or would be in a 'legacy' U.S. legal justice system.  The rapidly developing opaque legal justice system here is providing a lot more 'flexibility' in arriving at a 'desired' outcome.

tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 03:13:36 PM

DPRは英雄です
AceWallen

Activity: 479
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:29:22 PM

i agree, DPR is a hero! i feel so sorry that this happened. pulling for you, man!
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 09:00:10 PM

i agree, DPR is a hero! i feel so sorry that this happened. pulling for you, man!

I think you've been a little misguided in life.

Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 10:09:22 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2013, 10:27:30 PM by Wardrick

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a cover up story to the real way they actually caught him. It doesn't make sense, DPR said himself in an interview with Forbes before this ever happened that he wasn't the first Administrator of Silk Road, he exposed a massive security threat to the site and eventually gained trust in the owner and it was passed on to him when he retired, way after these posts were made. So either they tracked down the 1st owner and he gave up DPR, or they just said fuck the law and did whatever they wanted. The FBI using subpoenae's to catch the largest online drug trafficker is almost as bullshit as saying the government hasn't been using the NSA to spy on us for 10 years.

Read this - http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/04/nsa-gchq-attack-tor-network-encryption

So the government is now attacking a service run by the government? It's all a fucking lie, they can probably find who you are through TOR in minutes.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/tor-encryption-cracked-nsa,news-17530.html

This is just what the public knows. Take whatever the public knows and multiple it by 10 and that's how bad it actually is. Don't use TOR or anything else that you think is anonymous for illegal things because you'll probably be caught. I doubt if you are buying drugs they will go after you, but people like drug dealers and mass hackers are going to get caught, they're just waiting until they have enough info on you to put you in jail for most of your life.
Wardrick
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:05:19 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a cover up story to the real way they actually caught him.

No, no, no. Cover up is so 1980s. We call it parallel construction these days.

I wonder how many people they've busted using the NSA and then claimed it to be some other way. Looking back on it now I'm kind of thinking that's how they found Sadam and shut down other huge operations like this. They obviously are pretty advanced, they intercepted two Syrian officials talking about the chemical bombing they did over in Syria. I'm guessing if you're using any type of electronic device with a signal or internet connection they're able to track you or listen to what you're saying.
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:11:53 PM

look at his trust!

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:12:19 PM

Didn't he have a clean hit done a couple of months ago for 80k?

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:20:56 PM

Didn't he have a clean hit done a couple of months ago for 80k?

What hero wouldn't murder someone who meddled with his drug empire?
Wardrick
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:33:51 PM

When I browsed SR forums (Not to buy just for information) I told him on one of his posts that being a greedy asshole is going to get him fucked over. How could he even think that he's safe anyway? The government is like when you were playing rock, paper, scissors as a little kid and there was that asshole who always did lava, they overrule everything. The government runs the site that you're running the biggest drug-trafficking business in the world on, how could you think you were safe? If I were DPR I would of took the alleged $80M+ and left, who the fuck needs 80M? If he wasn't being a greedy fuck he would of never got caught, he should of quit and passed it on at $10M.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 05:30:07 PM

OUT OF THE RUINS
OUT FROM THE WRECKAGE
CAN`T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THIS TIME
WE ARE THE CHILDREN
THE LAST GENERATION
WE ARE THE ONES THEY LEFT BEHIND
AND I WONDER WHEN WE ARE EVER GONNA CHANGE
LIVING UNDER THE FEAR, TILL NOTHING ELSE REMAINS

WE DON`T NEED ANOTHER HERO
WE DON`T NEED TO KNOW THE WAY HOME
ALL WE WANT IS LIFE BEYOND
THE SILK ROAD

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING
WE CAN RELY ON
THERE`S GOTTA BE SOMETHING BETTER OUT THERE
LOVE AND COMPASSION
THEIR DAY IS COMING
ALL ELSE ARE CASTLES BUILT IN THE AIR
AND I WONDER WHEN WE ARE EVER GONNA CHANGE
LIVING UNDER THE FEAR TILL NOTHING ELSE REMAINS

ALL THE CHILDREN SAY
THE SILK ROAD

SO WHAT DO WE DO WITH OUR LIFES
WE LEAVE ONLY A MARK
WILL OUR STORY SHINE LIKE A LIGHT
OR END IN THE DARK
GIVE IT ALL OR NOTHING

THE SILK ROAD
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:45:09 PM

I imagine that a lot of people will be 'pulling for him'...in the prison shower, that is.

If he is known to have potential access to $80M (or more) of funds, he may be able to find some protection.  But if he gets life and/or is placed among people who have no friends on the outside and no hope of seeing life on the outside, even that  might not be sufficient.

OTOH, $80M+ in Bitcoin is enough of a nest-egg that he might be able to bribe various officials or even arrange a successful jail break.  Even here in the U.S. where such a thing relatively uncommon in blue-collar-land.  It's rife for white-collar folks, but for the most part they don't even get sucked into the intake our criminal justice system and the prison-industrial complex anymore.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: