Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:11:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ross Ulbricht defence fund.  (Read 7124 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:02:44 PM

This guy has more btc stashed away than most of us combined.  He does not need a defense fund

But he can't use them to pay a lawyer if he says they are his Bitcoins. The Feds will seize them on the spot.
He could send them to the defense fund and voilá: clean BTC to keep him out of jail Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:03:49 PM

You guys are crazy. He might be as innocent as a 2 year old, but as soon as you start giving the notion that Bitcoin users support an alleged murderer and drug kingpin (since the public opinion is all that matters), you are doing MUCH more harm to bitcoin than protecting some random guy in california because prominent bitcoin people should be able to get away with anything based solely on the fact that they are bitcoin users

Don't worry. I'm not in the US and I will quietly disappear with any contributed funds.

The quiet part is a lie and involves sockpuppets. Lots of sockpuppets.
cbhelp

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:06:46 PM

greyhawk seems trustworthy based on his activity level....

Thank you for recognizing my huge dick activity and thus trustworthyness. There's still some places free for you on my "Contributors to the Dread Pirate Roberts Defense Fund Honor Roll". Be quick, they sell fast.

I was talking about you seem reputable.

I wont be donating to a person who thinks hiring a hitman and ll that other crazy shit is ok.

Dude is a nutcase.
Ford

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 09:07:14 PM

You guys are crazy. He might be as innocent as a 2 year old, but as soon as you start giving the notion that Bitcoin users support an alleged murderer and drug kingpin (since the public opinion is all that matters), you are doing MUCH more harm to bitcoin than protecting some random guy in california because prominent bitcoin people should be able to get away with anything based solely on the fact that they are bitcoin users

Don't worry. I'm not in the US and I will quietly disappear with any contributed funds.

The quiet part is a lie and involves sockpuppets. Lots of sockpuppets.

Grin

cbhelp

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:07:57 PM

This guy has more btc stashed away than most of us combined.  He does not need a defense fund

But he can't use them to pay a lawyer if he says they are his Bitcoins. The Feds will seize them on the spot.
He could send them to the defense fund and voilá: clean BTC to keep him out of jail Tongue

Unfortunately, he is not getting out of jail, even with Jesus as his defense lawyer
AC130AS

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:09:06 PM

Sorry, I noticed my feedback was off, because me and another memeber had a "misunderstanding" but either way, I got scammed by a hero member.

Back to OP.

What if we bail him out of jail and like Edward Snowden, get him political asylum in Russia or Cuba?
rat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:11:36 PM

the guy is fucked.

and he doesn't make any of us look any better.

plus: from what i've read, he made stupid mistakes that got him caught.

he exposed others - i'm sure.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:14:37 PM

This guy is now property of The USA....

He's going nowhere. His life is basically over.

~BCX~
AC130AS

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:15:58 PM

He is fucked. Now what about BMR?
greyhawk

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:21:09 PM

Now what about BMR?

I can help you with that.

I'll need your gender, age, height, weight and average physical activity level. From that we can determine your BMR by applying the Harris-Benedict formula, which for all intents and purposes should be sufficient for this internet coaching thing. If we're going to be working on a more regular basis towards specific goals we'll have to go a bit more into specifics up to and including a Bodybugg analysis.

Now, were you looking to lose weight or gain mass?
cbhelp

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:22:42 PM

Now what about BMR?

I can help you with that.

I'll need your gender, age, height, weight and average physical activity level. From that we can determine your BMR by applying the Harris-Benedict formula, which for all intents and purposes should be sufficient for this internet coaching thing. If we're going to be working on a more regular basis towards specific goals we'll have to go a bit more into specifics up to and including a Bodybugg analysis.

Now, were you looking to lose weight or gain mass?

From your last few posts... I am in love with you.  <3
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:24:27 PM

fund to hire two best hit men from the west mississippi to break him out of custody ?
aceking

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:25:29 PM

"Ross Ulbricht defence fund"

Are you serious ? Why we have to support a criminal ? All these crooks and criminals are bad for bitcoin
AC130AS

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:29:00 PM

My weight, and maybe diet off some BTC in the process, I will buy a treadmill for 2 BTC anyone? I will die in 30 days if I dont lose weight. Tongue

No, seriously, I meant Black Market Reloaded.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:31:09 PM

i dont think he deserves a defense fund..

to add:

although everyone wants civil freedoms and the ability to do what they like as long as it doesnt bring harm to others. i personally think that bitcoin without silkroad is a good thing.

although other darknet sites may pop up in time to replace silkroad. there is one thing that today (now bitcoin has stabilised back to $128) can be considered as.... a clean coin .... that for now is not going to be used to buy drugs with.

so for atleast a few days (hopefully for me longer) bitcoin is no longer linked to purchasing drugs because silkroad is not functional.

this can bring legit investors into bitcoin as they will see that the dirty illicit has now been removed, and this arrest will warn of new illicit area's from starting up.

we may see some price rises of new investor buy-in's.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
greyhawk

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:33:56 PM

BMR got their biggest arms dealer delivered into the slammer last week. I'd assume everyone left there will be crapping his pants and hastily packing.
mkbit88

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 09:57:57 PM

As smart as he was to make silk road, he was dumb to not bounce out of the country after having the cop swing by and chat with him. I doubt he had any sort of lawyer on retainer and will probably go to trial (or plea bargian) with a public defender. I doubt any lawyer will go pro bono for him.
greyhawk

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:58:56 PM

As smart as he was to make silk road,

He didn't. He bought it off another guy.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:01:25 PM

BMR got their biggest arms dealer delivered into the slammer last week. I'd assume everyone left there will be crapping his pants and hastily packing.

Link? Please?
greyhawk

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:04:07 PM

Link? Please?

I was wrong. Last month, not last week.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/international-gun-sales-in-xbox-864321
http://www.dailydot.com/crime/dark-web-black-market-reloaded-adam-bunger-gun-sales-arrest/
http://www.kernelmag.com/features/report/5733/the-fall-of-an-online-gun-dealer/
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/us-man-charged-with-shipping-guns-hidden-in-video-game-containers/article14286221/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: