Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:58:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coins brought you massive losses?  (Read 832 times)
prdn

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:30:44 AM

it was the worldcore that brought me the biggest loss, I lost the most money with wrc

v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:40:52 AM

my biggest loss is on ltc coin. at that time I put a lot of investment but at the time of its price down I was not quick in taking the decision as a result I suffered quite a lot of losses, and for other coins I do not so much lose.
but at the time of January bitcoin prices pretty much decrease in price so big impact which is generated, the losses suffered are quite large and some other coins are experiencing the same thing when bitcoin prices fall
ekn222

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:43:11 AM

Dear bitcoin community,

Because there are no gains without losses, I decided to open this thread in the hope that I could also learn from your mistakes when you chose the wrong coins in which to invest your money.

For example, I invested in December 2017 and I lost my money in following coins:

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
IOTA
NEM

The only coin that brought me profit was NEO.

But what about you? What are the coins in which you lost your money?

Don't follow masses...
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:09:13 PM

Until now I have not experienced the biggest losses in trading this digital currency, because the strategy that I do by acting quickly to sell the coins I sell before the price movement has decreased very sharply. If I do not think it's the right time to sell it, I always stay calm and do not panic, it's better to wait by holding it until the price of the coins I sell can skyrocket.
deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:13:22 PM

I lost a lot in BTC and that's the last time I'll be investing in that dinosaur of a coin. I've made quite a bit on altcoins though.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:42:49 PM

well I bought litecoin in december hoping to make profit with this coin then litecoin slowly going down and down, I'm losing my money with this coin but I just keep holding hoping to reach at least $400 this year.

Rabeya

Activity: 222

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:51:05 PM

I am in huge losses in XRP but i am recovering losses by purchasing as much as i can now to reduce average purchase cost. I will hold till it reaches $5 per XRP.
Agamemnus

Activity: 267

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:52:24 PM

If anyone remembers comodo coin than yeah I had few hundred dollars invested in it. Lost it all. The dev just exit scammed and ran away behind the pretext of legal repercussions if he stayed on the project. Blanked the website and the project just like that. Millions of dollars worth of value gone in a day.

Mercedes1107

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:55:07 PM

The coin that brought me massive losses was digibyte as this lost a lot of sat's value and haven't  recovered till date.

freedoom

Activity: 201
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:58:08 PM

I have not closed the position, so I do not have any losses)
I think it's too early to think about it, the market will soon return to its level and give profit)
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:00:44 PM

That would be XRP when the last FUD was hyped,coinbase FUD last year really gave me a lot of losses i invested 3BTC for the hype and ended up with .9 after the dumpage of this centralized shitcoin,that is why i wont buy XRP ever again to what i have learned the bankers are manipulating its price that is why there are no much movements from its market.

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:01:32 PM

Dear bitcoin community,

Because there are no gains without losses, I decided to open this thread in the hope that I could also learn from your mistakes when you chose the wrong coins in which to invest your money.

For example, I invested in December 2017 and I lost my money in following coins:

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
IOTA
NEM

I gained profits with NEO too when the time it renamed it self from ANTS to NEO, my invested money went up to 150% however, NEO also is the culprit when I faced my biggest loss, its was when the price of NEO dropped because of the China news and ghost month. I even thought that after ghost month price will start to recover right away, but it was a wrong forecast, it took quite some time before price of NEO started to recover.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:26:48 PM

Dear bitcoin community,

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
IOTA
NEM

All the coins in your list are very good coins which is proof of something really important it is not only about the coin in which you invest it is also about the when, investing in December of the previous year was probably the worst moment to invest in a long time so it is not a surprise you have lost so much money even when all the coins in your list are some of the most successful in the market.
bulbolitobayagyag

Activity: 166

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:29:13 PM

XRP brought me the biggest losses that i ive had,from the last FUD i bought a lot of XRP half of my portfoli to be exact were burned after the massive dumpage,the coinbase listing FUD was all in the news and its price were dump by those people who are manipulating this coin probably the bankers are dumping this coin from that time,so i suggest stay away from this centralized coin.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
georgiasus

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:33:00 PM

I have an interesting story. I bought Ripple in the spring of 2017 at the high of the price. Approximately 6 months on this asset, I had a loss of -90%. However, in December, ripple grow x4
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:41:16 PM

That would be the manipulated coins such as XRP ,NEM , and BCASH or bitcoin cash,these are the worst coins you will ever hand,pure manipulations by its founder who are making millions of dollars out from nothing,you wont see any improvements or big movements with these coins even if all the charts has favored them,dumping massively by its founders causes dumpages of its prices.

jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:47:50 PM

All the coins you mentioned would bring you losses if you sold them now but you invested in them in the Mid Dec - Early Jan boom. They are all down 40-50% compared to the prices back in Dec-Jan. We have to hold the coins and see how the situation develops.

After January none of the coin becomes a good value in the market. Still all the coins are underestimated value. I believe the coin XRP is not a worthy coin bro but I see ripple capture almost 2 percent of the marketcapital.
ADA should grab this place of XRP. I do not why people keeping this coin on head and investing on it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Valuyet

Activity: 168
Merit: 29

Digital Wealth Management Platform

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 05:53:51 PM

I got Oyster Pearl PRL while it was priced value as low as $0.0005 last year on November and after 6 weeks it surges as high as almost $5 so I am really amazed by Oyster's surge since it was hit the market as early as 4 months in coinmarketcap.com but eventually happened after it climbed on top of almost $5 it is continuously  dropped to the ground and the price today is on $1 range for over a month so Oyster Pearl PRL investors when the price was almost $5 had a massive loss today.

withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:55:52 PM

Mine worst investment was done with musicoin. I bought it for short term but it was on peak and I didn't realize it cause I was too busy following bitcoin. I lost like %50 of my investment and returned back to bitcoin.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
Valuyet

Activity: 168
Merit: 29

Digital Wealth Management Platform

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 05:57:00 PM

I have an interesting story. I bought Ripple in the spring of 2017 at the high of the price. Approximately 6 months on this asset, I had a loss of -90%. However, in December, ripple grow x4

The loss only be declared when you want to save your around 50% of Crypto Assets and turn them into cash but never expected that was only a sudden dip and when the market recovers everything takes in place that almost coins are on their high peak of values.
I though I lose most of my crypto Assets since this early year but I realize that holding my Crypto Assets is the best option I can do to not losing them fully.
Oyster Pearl PRL almost give me massive loss but thankfully I survived the market crash too many times this year.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: