Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:09:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coins brought you massive losses?  (Read 832 times)
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 12:51:16 AM

Dear bitcoin community,

Because there are no gains without losses, I decided to open this thread in the hope that I could also learn from your mistakes when you chose the wrong coins in which to invest your money.

For example, I invested in December 2017 and I lost my money in following coins:

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
IOTA
NEM

The only coin that brought me profit was NEO.

But what about you? What are the coins in which you lost your money?

profit in terms of what?

in USD?

well if you organise your live according to the USD you then have indeed a problem, there are people that have fixed themselves among a bunch of cryptocurrencies and run only those. will be the future i assume.

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:05:16 AM

Ignis, my assets are in -59%
Unikoin Gold, my assets are in -54%
Debitum, my assets are in -29.4%

But anyway, i'm still holding it until now, so it can't be say that i lost my money yet, i'm just hoping that the price of my assets will back to my buying price, and what i do while waiting for it is buying more assets on the lower price.

Oh same with NXT, Ignis. I bought NXT for the IGNIS bonus but it suddenly drop. I managed to cut my losses, but  I am still at a big loss.  Grin  Now, with Ignis, same situation. Recently, its THC that dd to my losses LOL Hope it can recover , I am on -65 % already.

Open for Campaigns
Youngflydude256

Activity: 137
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:11:44 AM

All the top 10 coins i am holding brought me loss
But i am still going to hodl for profit
EeroTemel

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:12:02 AM

That is a simple question, all depending on when you brought and sold.  Look at all the people who got bitcoin when it was on a tear, up to 19K people though it would not stop.  Coinbase was opening 100,000 accounts a day.  Someone's riches is always someone's losses
Megashaw

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:13:25 AM

Centra
Xvg
ethereum
Megababa

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:16:37 AM

XRP
TRX
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:15:19 AM

A friend of mine bought a lot of TRX and It was valued a lot in the peak time, after seeing that he bought a lot more TRX at a high price, then market crashed. The loss is not a lot and he is still holding it. Hope he can see his lambo days soon.
At least he didn't made a mistake of selling his coins when the coins were very cheap, however if he wants to earn a fortune by investing in cryptocurrencies he didn't make him sell any kind of favor by buying a coin when it was so expensive, it is repeated a lot that you need to buy low and sell high but people do this because it's the truth and yet people still buy at very high prices and yet they hope to get a lot of profits.
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:08:53 AM

The coin that give me massive loss is Bitdegree. Even though I just received it only as a bounty payment, The amount when I receivef it is more than 2k usd.  I was not able to sell it at peak price because I dont know how to use a decentralized exchange during that time so I waited it to be listed in a centralized exchange to be sold. When I sold it is less than 600 usd.
mistemb
Copper Member

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:17:17 AM

uhm probably AXPIRE lol, blindly bought it to be honest that was my bad and will never do that again. should deeply research more

indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 07:34:09 AM

some big coin is indeed promising then submitted a loss in quite some time. but that's not too made a problem because of course, it could still be awaited to rise in next time. as I started to purchase some crypto results from a low value I think the downturn a few months ago not to be serious to worry about.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:38:21 PM

Verge is one coin that brought me a lot of losses, granted I did buy the coin at the worst possible time to buy coins and then the price of the coin started crashing and just when I thought there was going to start to be some kind of increase in the coin the hacks started, there were two in the space of two months and that really affected the price of the coin
ikarasev10

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:41:03 PM

The biggest losses were with TRON, ETH for all the time they are with the drawdown of the market brought big losses

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:26:08 AM

None of them gave me massive losses because I was careful enough and sold on time. Now I am ready to re-invest, since I see that there is quite a perspective next year.

FreeAirdrops

Activity: 179
Merit: 6

Infleum

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 12:32:59 AM

Well I bought into crypto in early 2017 so prettymuch everything I bought is still well above my purchase price. There are a few things I bought later in the year where I wasn't so lucky. But it's not a loss until you sell Wink

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
█ ▌   Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌊  http://infleum.io  ⌉
drmasa

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:48:19 AM

Coins that went 2-3x down in price is not really big loss! I got burned really bad with BTX, Red Pulse (now Phoenix), MNX, Telcoin, TKY and so on... But there are those where I got really nice profit but thats another story. I thing when getting stuck with bad coins is just a result of not doing enough research.
Pumapipa

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:57:03 AM

In my peraonal experience, the coin that brought me pain and massive losses is BITCOIN and ethereum  and Oyster pearl. Tgese coins brought me happiness because it yielded a fair amount of returns and at the same time, it also gave me a lot of heartache. I have invested  good ampunts at the start of the year 2018 little did I know that this is not a year for me. The market continues to bring color red almost the entire year. Oh well, I hope next year will be better.
btc78

Activity: 2506
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:56:06 AM

Dear bitcoin community,

Because there are no gains without losses, I decided to open this thread in the hope that I could also learn from your mistakes when you chose the wrong coins in which to invest your money.

For example, I invested in December 2017 and I lost my money in following coins:

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
IOTA
NEM

The only coin that brought me profit was NEO.

But what about you? What are the coins in which you lost your money?

I have never been in massive losses situation because i dont sell cryptocurrency when i am in big loss,i would rather hold that certain coin and wait for the right moment of selling

What i can tell is about the coins who gave me profits,and those are Bitcoin,Litecoin(when the said coin is still progressing not like now)Dash and Waves

Mostly i am associated in Tokens because i constantly joining bounty campaigns whos paying Token instead of coins

boller

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:37:31 AM

Maybe I'm just on a ripple which too long stifled and finally fell. When selling this at this point in time that happened and then ATH certainly most likely profit will be obtained. but it is precisely that there is a value falling even all crypto. already a risk and I don't really think about it.  Grin
rangnatht

Activity: 588
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:47:46 AM

Ethereum is the one who make me big loss. I was buying ethereum when it was around 300 dollars and after bye ethereum it will be cross 1000 dollors too but I was very strong holder of the coin so I did not sold at this rate and its again trading around 200 dollars.. So it's just make me so worried. But still I am great holder of eth and wish it could increase soon.
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:53:30 AM

I never have experience that caused me a massive loss yet but i am sure it can be recovered back even with the slightest spike of crypto price hike because i bought majority of my cryptos during the market crash.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: