Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:41:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for thesis?  (Read 712 times)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 03:12:33 PM

It's obvious that the OP was made at a time when a lot of people still thought Bitcoin was a bubble. But now things have changed and there is so much pull towards the phenomenal now. I read online sometime ago of universities which teach cryptography as a core course. Even now financial institutions have demand for those who study and major in that. Writing thesis on Bitcoin should be a delight.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 03:25:22 PM

This would be good way to spread awareness and more knowledge about bitcoin. It would be a nice study to make and to share as well to other people like professors, friends, colleagues for them to understand deeper what is bitcoin and how it could play a huge factor on their chosen career, field, or investment.

Using bitcoin as a subject for thesis could contribute greatly on spreading bitcoin cryptocurrency awareness since many people don’t know what even bitcoin is and has A LOT of misconceptions about it. Majority doesn’t even know its advantages and uses. This study would be beneficial specially for those who want to learn and have a gist of what nature it have and how to utilize it. After all, i think bitcoin would be widely used in the future for transactions and many more.

Who knows, this study could pave a way for the government and other community to take a look at it and see what it offers. In that way, our community would benefit as well.

I agree. And the fact that when making a thesis, evidences and facts are collected, when it is finished and successfully defended then it will be easier to present it to the public. Because it is a study that came from a thorough investigation, people would be more interested to entertain it, to know its content.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 23, 2020, 07:25:38 AM

This would be good way to spread awareness and more knowledge about bitcoin. It would be a nice study to make and to share as well to other people like professors, friends, colleagues for them to understand deeper what is bitcoin and how it could play a huge factor on their chosen career, field, or investment.

Using bitcoin as a subject for thesis could contribute greatly on spreading bitcoin cryptocurrency awareness since many people don’t know what even bitcoin is and has A LOT of misconceptions about it. Majority doesn’t even know its advantages and uses. This study would be beneficial specially for those who want to learn and have a gist of what nature it have and how to utilize it. After all, i think bitcoin would be widely used in the future for transactions and many more.

Who knows, this study could pave a way for the government and other community to take a look at it and see what it offers. In that way, our community would benefit as well.

I agree. And the fact that when making a thesis, evidences and facts are collected, when it is finished and successfully defended then it will be easier to present it to the public. Because it is a study that came from a thorough investigation, people would be more interested to entertain it, to know its content.
Well said. It's not impossible to make a thesis about bitcoin. Personally, I'd be very excited to see and read one. And there are now many articles about it, including some which is about how it changed people's lives over the years. Those would be good references that may support the fact that bitcoin has many benefits despite also having disadvantages.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 23, 2020, 07:50:59 AM

Could it be possible for a bitcoin to become a thesis? I mean its a way of spreading awareness of btc. What do you think?

Maybe it is possible but there are many loopholes and questions that can't be answered if you are going to make a thesis about it. Someone I know tried to defend it in our panel and in the beginning the question was who is satoshi nakamoto? you can't just answer that he is the mysterious founder of bitcoin because thesis doesn't accept this mysterious kind of answer.
Though I saw some thesis regarding bitcoin but its arguments should be solid enough to fulfill the purpose of the paper.

MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 23, 2020, 08:10:26 AM

Of course it is very possible that Bitcoin becomes a thesis, after all there is no prohibition or breaking the law when making Bitcoin a thesis.
In fact, this is a brilliant idea to make Bitcoin a thesis, this is a positive way to spread knowledge and awareness about Bitcoin. But you will
definitely encounter obstacles when gathering reliable sources of information about Bitcoin, because several things are still a mystery until
now related to Bitcoin.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
August 23, 2020, 08:25:55 AM

Could it be possible for a bitcoin to become a thesis? I mean its a way of spreading awareness of btc. What do you think?

Why not? If there's a problem, then there should be some sort of solution that could be researched about. Thesis regarding bitcoin will be a very big help to the bitcoin technology. It will help it to improve more and to solve problems that are currently experiencing and problems that might be encountered in future.
lebregone

Activity: 298
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 23, 2020, 01:39:04 PM

This idea is very advance but I wonder if you can make your teacher approve your idea. It is not a problem if in case it can be accepted as thesis as most of the schools right now are not yet very open with regards to crypto currencies.

But it is not that bad if someone will try to submit it as their thesis because who knows if it can be accepted and it will serve as bridge for more crypto thesis that can be accepted by schools.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2020, 03:01:09 PM

Yes obviously. BTC is now in main focus in world economy after the pandemic situation so they are searching such kind of thesis that can help to explore BTC their country. I think the more research will be done with BTC, the more acceptance will be widely.

As US bank and swiss bank making custody of BTC there obviously follow some research and i think if anybody make more research by thesis paper researcher will be pioneer for all country. So i encourage all researcher to give their valuable time behind it and be a valuable man for next time.

thanks.
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 25, 2020, 04:12:51 PM

Bitcoin is already known as it is. Whats feasible to be created as an school project is the use of Blockchain Technology within Universities since not all Universities are knowledgeable about it. You can create a new Cryptocurrency locally available within the University and I guess that is better than creating a thesis for Bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Asuspawer09

Activity: 1694
Merit: 435

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 25, 2020, 05:58:06 PM

Bitcoin or cryptocurrency is a really good topic for a thesis but it is going to be difficult you might need to have a specific point if your going to make it a thesis.

Cryptocurrency and bitcoin is a wide topic so if it is just for school or not some kind of big research you might want to skip it, we already tried doing research about it but there is so much research it online so pick something different about it.

roadrunnerjaiv2025

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 12:47:15 PM

When you say thesis, it means you're trying to present a theory that you'd like to prove through research/surveys/tests/experiments. I think the first thesis ever made about bitcoin is this one here: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf from Satoshi Nakamoto, himself. And as we can see today from this community alone, all of his claims and recommendations were right. So, there's nothing else to prove in terms of the fundamentals of bitcoin.

If you're going to make a thesis, it must be about something, an issue, that none of today's bitcoin-based processes or systems hasn't address yet--there are a lot. If you're after spreading awareness, it's not thesis you need but mass advertising, and that's already happening, too. But remember that we are up against a centuries-old financial system, so it will take some time before we can see results.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 03:43:10 PM

When you say thesis, it means you're trying to present a theory that you'd like to prove through research/surveys/tests/experiments. I think the first thesis ever made about bitcoin is this one here: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf from Satoshi Nakamoto, himself. And as we can see today from this community alone, all of his claims and recommendations were right. So, there's nothing else to prove in terms of the fundamentals of bitcoin.

If you're going to make a thesis, it must be about something, an issue, that none of today's bitcoin-based processes or systems hasn't address yet--there are a lot. If you're after spreading awareness, it's not thesis you need but mass advertising, and that's already happening, too. But remember that we are up against a centuries-old financial system, so it will take some time before we can see results.

I agree with this. And thesis topic is "an idea in need of development, verification or refutation".
We know btc has shortcomings, so is the author going to address some of those shortcomings with his theoretical ideas and  actually resolve it?
If he will just summarize what is found in the internet or books or other related references, then I guess that's not a good thesis dedicated for bitcoin.

https://www.gradschools.com/get-informed/surviving-graduate-school/graduate-thesis-dissertation/thesis-topics-how-come-thesis-topic
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 02:17:30 AM

It may be created, it remains how to expand the problems and solutions you find. I often find blockchain thesis but did not find bitcoin thesis, from there I think bitcoin thesis could be created. Many users here say that cryptocurrency is predicted to be the currency used in the future, from there it can be related to bitcoin and maybe find a new system that is suitable for bitcoin. Making a thesis is also accompanied by material and you have to try to do an experiment or test, especially when publishing a thesis to achieve a master's degree is very difficult, even my lecturer told me about making a thesis which was very difficult and quite a long time to wait.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
iyamoxjhian

Activity: 356
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 05:38:10 AM

it is a good introduction of bitcoin to the society and community..hope that whoever initiate to do it as thesis will highlights the importance of bitcoin to the society especially nowadays..

0nline
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 08:50:41 PM

BTCBTCI think that is actually a great idea, just imagine if a lot of students would suddenly have their interest piqued by cryptocurrency and they would want to know the effect on it on their chosen career field then I think that would he a very good movement. The government might take notice and it also serves as an influencing favtor wherein it can affect both the incoming students as they are able to see the finished profuct of your thesis and then your professors and the grown ups themselves would also know that bitcoin can be successfuly integrated to society
mung_nasib

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 02:19:02 AM

In my opinion, the development of information technology is very fast allows bitcoin to be recognized by the general public and they are more dominant in trying to invest with the hope of obtaining an income in the future.

nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 02:44:51 AM

Maybe it might be easier to refer to blockchain technology itself than bitcoin, but bitcoin still has possibilities. Based on the professors I know sharing a story about making a thesis would be better thought of with something that is easy but has a big impact. Changes started from a small one, this is that bitcoin can be used as a topic for financial problems and P2P transactions.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 03:02:40 AM

A thesis on Bitcoin is a great idea. There is enough reference on it to do an extraordinary work that can be documented with live demonstrations. I mean that all ideas do not stay on paper. But it is possible to run them to demonstrate any use case that is for the benefit of a community. The sky is the limit for these aspiring professionals.

DatKing

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 07:59:28 PM

I think that it will become a thesis in the future. When we think about how much students and people who are curious about Bitcoin can benefit from it, it would be a good move. Besides, Bitcoin and the Blockchain technology should be taught as a lesson in more schools. The number of people who knows about cryptos and works in the field will increase by doing it.

grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 09:26:51 AM

I don't think anyone has done a thesis related to bitcoin. I hope universities embrace bitcoin and educate students about the value of bitcoin. But first, there is a need for laws related to bitcoin and the world to recognize bitcoin as a currency or an asset so that your thesis topic is practical and applicable. In the requirement of building a scientific topic, applicability is the most important.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: