Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:47:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if bitcoin crashes?  (Read 582 times)
simpleholmes

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:44:15 PM

all the market probably will be worthless because the aim is to increase your amount of btc and at the end to make enough cash in fiat and cash out, if the btc would be 0 than what would be the reason to trade alts.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:47:42 PM

What do you think would happen to the rest of the currencies if for some reason bitcoin were to crash and the price dropped to 0?
The scenario you are talking about is not likely to happen even in the worst case ,one thing you have to understand is that the entire alt coin market came about just because bitcoin started it all and all of the coins are primarily trading with bitcoin and if the price crashes all of the coins will come down,after all it all depends upon what made the crash in the first place.
Karavadinos

Activity: 74
Merit: 5

IOS - The secure, scalable blockchain

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:57:59 PM

What do you think would happen to the rest of the currencies if for some reason bitcoin were to crash and the price dropped to 0?
Bitcoin means cryptocurrency, if it wasn't for the famous and popular price jump that bitcoin made last year, the crypto market would not have reached the level that it is at right now, so in my opinion when and if bitcoin goes down for some reason the whole cryptocurrency will eventually go down with it, because most of the trades made in this market are all involved around bitcoin and the market will lose its profibality if such thing happens.

IOST >_INTERNET OF SERVICE TOKEN
SECURE & SCALABLE INFRASTRUCTURE | FOR INTELLIGENT SERVICES_<
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:09:34 PM

I'll give an example on what will happen base on my understanding.

If bitcoin goes to zero, all coins including shit coins will be dead and cryptocurrencies is going to be a fairy tale after that.
Oh no, probably some other scheme will emerge, maybe some country-controlled digitial cash, like digital USD or something. Bitcoin was not the first attempt at digital cash either, there were some precursors (long dead precursors, to be sure) and if Bitcoin dies, some other type of crypto will emerge. It will be improved over Bitcoin - some known issues plaguing Bitcoin will be corrected. Or not.
It isn't literally the first digital cash. There is PayPal, credit card, debit card and other technology that allows you to purchase something without holding any amount of cash. But most of them are also going through a third party and to the bank that takes a lot of time before being confirmed to the bank's database. And you don't have to worry about bitcoin going to zero, it's impossible now even there are too many innovation that is happening in cryptocurrency, it simply can't be replaced easily.
w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:13:13 PM

Well if bitcoin crashes, most altcoins will surely follow. Whenever bitcoin crashes more and more people want to buy more, so it is less likely to happen that bitcoin will go back to less than a dollar again or even valueless. People see bitcoin as a good long term investment and it also brings convenience to a lot of people.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:17:40 PM

this an over acting question and if the price goes to 0 there nothing sense to invest in any kind of altcoin because is useless because the reason the price of bitcoin and altcoin is now are depending on the dollar rate and also hoping bitcoin and cryptocurrency world cimes to become defendent for itself as curerency and can use anytime anywhere in the world.
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:30:33 PM

When that happens, I can really say that's this is the time to say goodbye to all Cryptocurrency. Since Bitcoin is the mother of all virtual currency, all alt coins will also be affected. Do not you realize that when the Bitcoin price drops, all alt coins will falls also? that proves that all alt coins are based on Bitcoin.
reinielle26

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:38:20 PM

People will panic. Some will start to sell their bitcoin and some will take advantage and buy bitcoin. And if it remains 0 for long period of time, some people will be hopeless and may give bitcoin. Others might have patience and wait for bitcoin to rise. But I think it is impossible to dropped 0.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:39:59 PM

We actually have nothing to do about it anymore. The fact that bitcoin is only valuable because people decide it, they cam also decide instantly to make unvaluable in an instant. It is essential to know that when investing, you have decided to take the risk the unknown future of bitcoin. I always remind myself that, if I cant afford to lose this fund I qont invest it in bitcoin. Honestly, I cant afford not to lose any cents, bur this is the reality, crashing might happen in sudden and you should decide what you are really willing to risk.

laracastvue

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:43:21 PM

It does not matter if bitcoins will crash its value in the market because the prices will still go back to normal after a few weeks or months. There is always ups and down in the market and investing on the right time will really make you earn more profit.
KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:45:30 PM

The thing you say will never happen because you should understand that the cryptocurrencies market is a fertile land - where individuals and large corporations make money. So they certainly will not lose this land, This means that the Bitcoin rate of zero is never a possibility, only the bitcoin exchange rate is always abnormal and not stable like USDT.

Fredwardp

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:46:47 PM

If bitcoin crashes everything is going to hell xD... I think is the basis of all cryptocurrencies so far.
smith136

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:51:57 PM

Although i don't agree that this will happen because still there are people willing to buy bitcoin no matter what except on extreme circumstances, tbh we can't do anything about because if bitcoin's price went to 0 i think everyone agrees that bitcoin is useless and has no use anymore and with that event i think people already shift on another market (well we don't know if that is still cryptocurrency or another kind).

Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:11:01 AM

I'm really not sure what will happen but I do think that if bitcoin we will crash the altcoins will not crash immediately but the prices will slowly to drop down slowly and will eventually be 0$. Bitcoin is the base of everything, it is more like a universal currency in the crypto world but this will never happen in the future because bitcoin will be our future and will be a revolutionize our currency.
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 12:37:24 AM

If bitcoin crashes everything is going to hell xD... I think is the basis of all cryptocurrencies so far.

Absolutely! I couldn't agree with you more. I can't believe I keep reading these silly questions all the time. Guys, do your own research and educate yourselves before spreading useless FUD. Bitcoin is a new way (although nearly 9 years old) to conceive currencies. It is a model that has been replicated (and still is being replicated!) and improved HUNDREDS of times, why should it crash then? It makes no sense whatsoever to be believe that. As it has been commented already Bitcoin is still the basis for everything crypto.
Jcabudx

Activity: 236
Merit: 39

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:38:01 AM

No one can say if bitcoin will crash. Just keep on investing and earning so if bitcoin crash you made yourself rich before it end.
online73

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

Ecowatt.io

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:42:01 AM

What if the bitcoyne falls? I think that it will fall completely to zero Bitcoin will not be given, but I fully admit that up to $ 1000, short-term, it can be dropped. Bitcoin - this is a new level of human evolution, it carries progressive Blockchain technology, but unfortunately or fortunately, it is an exchange-traded asset subject to any more or less significant news. Of course, if a cardinal reduction in the price of Bitcoin begins, many coins will reproduce the price decrease several times stronger, or may completely nulle. But, the coins that carry the technology, Blockchain02,
Blockchain03 and progressive ideas can on the contrary rise in price. If you carefully follow the ICO, - you noticed that such coins are sold out in huge quantities in seconds.
kyori

Activity: 335

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:55:51 AM

Most of alts will be worthless because majority of alts are not tradable to fiat. Only those crypto thatvare tradable to fiat will stand strong but the price will be really cheap because bitcoin has been shutted down

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
nelsledma

Activity: 572

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:49:52 AM

What if you first seek out education that is important enough for your knowledge?
you will have a considerable insight, and when you discuss here. you will do enough to keep a lot of people open. What do you think ?
There is no possible reason to claim this thing or to support this argument that bitcoin will crash as this will never ever happen in the days to come. Bitcoin has been introduced to this world because of the reason to help others and to help them in having a better living. Bitcoin will remain there in this world and will keep on gaining more name and will earn better reputation with the passage of time.
SPOILER

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:52:12 AM

If that will happen (but very impossible) people will be dismay. Because many investors have already invested on this cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: