Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:18:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX  (Read 6159 times)
Buffer Overflow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:35:34 AM

Well Bitcointalk has been down for a few days, but I kept myself amused by reading all the angry butthurt drug junkie blockchain.info messages who lost all their coins. See, when mummy and daddy told you not to take drugs you should of listened. Anyway I'll get the FBI phone number if you like, so you can call and get your coins back.  Cheesy

In fairness, some non-druggies were using the opportunity to voice their opinions, I'm not talking about those.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 04:53:57 AM

1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX should be printed on a t-shirt.

Secondly, what if a poster on said address declared that all his contributions are considered a loan, wouldn't that make it more difficult for the FBI to liquidate the funds IF they do have access to private key?
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:58:05 AM

Well Bitcointalk has been down for a few days, but I kept myself amused by reading all the angry butthurt drug junkie blockchain.info messages who lost all their coins. See, when mummy and daddy told you not to take drugs you should of listened. Anyway I'll get the FBI phone number if you like, so you can call and get your coins back.  Cheesy

In fairness, some non-druggies were using the opportunity to voice their opinions, I'm not talking about those.

omg u actually wake up and live this personality of yours...  a hell on earth ye have to bear

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
MA5H3D

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:07:23 AM

Some Silk Road users sold perfectly legal items, like art and books. I wonder if any of the legitimate users will be asking the FBI for their coins back?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:16:32 AM

Some Silk Road users sold perfectly legal items, like art and books. I wonder if any of the legitimate users will be asking the FBI for their coins back?

even if they did, they wouldn't be released until after the case is settled..  they can get them then

just like any body of evidence

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
SPC_Bitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Coffee makes it all better!

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:17:30 AM

Some good quotes there.

NEVER GOT PAID.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:09:02 PM

They could have used more legal sites, such as Bitmit, or the forum Marketplace.
BitTrade

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 02:54:47 PM

They could have used more legal sites, such as Bitmit, or the forum Marketplace.

No.  No.  Legal means legal.  If I sell a hot dog on the same corner as a drug dealer, are my profits subject to confiscation? 
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:09:30 PM

No.  No.  Legal means legal.  If I sell a hot dog on the same corner as a drug dealer, are my profits subject to confiscation? 

If there's reasonable suspicion that your profits can be linked to the criminal activity (for example, you might have been a money laundering accomplice of the drug dealer), why not?
In any investigation concerning criminal financial activities, accounts are frozen until it has been determined what funds are criminal gains, and what funds are "innocent" money that just happens to be parked in an account. Like it or not, this is pretty normal and has nothing to do with the fact that in this case bitcoins were confiscated.

In the SR case, determining which sums are legal and must be returned to their owners might be difficult - I somehow doubt that DPR earmarked the funds with a legal/illegal flag.

Onkel Paul

jeffhuys

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:19:44 PM

Hahahah that's so awesome. The bitcoin world moves so fast, it's amazing.
What can happen in one month in the "real" world happens every day in this world.
And it's all publicly accessible with one click of your mouse.

RoadToHell

Activity: 260

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:54:53 PM

But if you sold them at an illegal dog fight pit they might be.

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:04:20 PM

No. SR was not an "illegal place". Something illegal has been done there, but the website itself was not illegal. If someone is selling a stolen good on ebay, will everything sold there be illegal too? Of course not. They seized all the bitcoins they've found in the accounts, but I'm pretty sure that those belonging to (the few) people selling legal stuff there, could be (legally) returned back to the legit owner once the case is closed.

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
Buffer Overflow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:22:41 PM

No. SR was not an "illegal place". Something illegal has been done there, but the website itself was not illegal. If someone is selling a stolen good on ebay, will everything sold there be illegal too? Of course not. They seized all the bitcoins they've found in the accounts, but I'm pretty sure that those belonging to (the few) people selling legal stuff there, could be (legally) returned back to the legit owner once the case is closed.

Have any of these legit users approached the authority holding the coins in question?

kuusj98

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:27:56 PM

How the fuck does one ask something to the FBI? WHO is the FBI? I mean, do we have a phone number dor such cases, would be very funny.
Not that I had ever heard of that site dispite being in the community for over 2 years...
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 04:29:47 PM

Also need to consider the SR users who have bought drugs that are legal in their country.
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 04:38:15 PM

How the fuck does one ask something to the FBI? WHO is the FBI? I mean, do we have a phone number dor such cases, would be very funny.
Not that I had ever heard of that site dispite being in the community for over 2 years...

FBI Headquarters
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001
(202) 324-3000

RoadToHell

Activity: 260

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:01:36 PM

I thought that the FBI had deemed SR to be an illegal enterprise.  I can't find any source on that though, so I could be wrong.

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:11:48 PM

1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX should be printed on a t-shirt.

Secondly, what if a poster on said address declared that all his contributions are considered a loan, wouldn't that make it more difficult for the FBI to liquidate the funds IF they do have access to private key?

What if I stated that each post you make in here from this point on constitutes your promise to pay me one bitcoin?

What if I declare myself an ordained POEE priest?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:15:21 PM

Similar to how when Megaupload was seized, all user data was seized as well, regardless if it violated copyright law. It sucks but it's the way it works.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
vpitcher07

Activity: 342

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:33:05 PM

Some of these transactions are hilarious. I'm a firm believer in self reliance and self control. If you want to do drugs, go for it. No victim no crime.

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: