Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Need Advice] Which would be best to buy? Hasfast or Cointerra  (Read 11534 times)
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 10:59:10 AM

also please note that the whole lot of Cointerra threads (4 at last count) have disappeared from the front page of the Custom Hardware section.

they haven't posted a thing in 2 wks.  i think something is wrong.

they also don't answer questions in their own forum
manav1112 (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:20:00 PM

also please note that the whole lot of Cointerra threads (4 at last count) have disappeared from the front page of the Custom Hardware section.

'
Thanks for that, probably wouldve wasted a whole $6000 - $12000 otherwise!!
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:31:35 PM

'
Thanks for that, probably wouldve wasted a whole $6000 - $12000 otherwise!!

I checked on this "Dr. Timo Hanke" guy - and he is definitely a legit German university professor specialized in discrete mathematics and cryptography. Can't say for the rest of the team, but there is still a good chance that the will deliver what the promised when the promised.
I am still myself thinking of ordering from them...
GodHatesFigs

Activity: 557
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:41:53 PM

Cointerra would have my money if I were buying: the pedigree of their team is unmatched.
gotah

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

bitcoin is the future

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 02:51:29 PM

lol ask cointerra where they are with the tapeout stage of their chip  Wink

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. B5LcTXcUmycXsiSPk5qJWDp4ZxMryxjUMx
MTBmanTT

Activity: 66

Bitcoin: The new Wild West

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:07:22 PM

Ive emailed cointerra not to long ago to ask about the type/size of PSU's they were using for their 2th/s unit. 

Needless to say, they couldn't give me a solid answer just "we estimate we will be using dual 1100s", but wasnt certain.

I had also asked if the PSU's were server/redundant or standard ATX, if they met 80 gold or above standards.  In the end I got a screen shot of a 1100w psu that could have been grabbed from just about anywhere with none of that information needed.

I am not at all questioning these guy's abilities in what they can do, they are all obviously qualified ENGINEERS. The one thing I do see different with these gents is, none of them have run the entire ship.  Just departments of, which is fine. Though could very well lead to a late arrival. due to the desire of perfection/standard engineers flaw.  Normally that is a great thing, sadly its a slightly different nature with btc.

I hope they deliver, I really do. I like their ideas/ team. 

BTC: 15EsnLVpCqAKMC59hm5BUYvTLMWXxmwh2D http://scrypt.cc?ref=babi4 LTC: LYgXWLpzQUjWXAHtc7ouMbf83pBTPsGfVG
easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:49:58 PM

Pre-orders? I dont like. -.-

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
manav1112 (OP)

Activity: 298

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 01:26:02 AM

Hi just confirmation before I order the  hashfast, how much do you guys predict it will ear, assuming it starts mining at 400 GH/s on December 23 2013.
MTBmanTT

Activity: 66

Bitcoin: The new Wild West

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 01:26:57 AM

Hi just confirmation before I order the  hashfast, how much do you guys predict it will ear, assuming it starts mining at 400 GH/s on December 23 2013.

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

BTC: 15EsnLVpCqAKMC59hm5BUYvTLMWXxmwh2D http://scrypt.cc?ref=babi4 LTC: LYgXWLpzQUjWXAHtc7ouMbf83pBTPsGfVG
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 05:43:14 AM

Many people go by FCTaichi's handy ROI chart.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
cowandtea

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 01:51:16 PM

Many people go by FCTaichi's handy ROI chart.

Hashfast looks like a clear winner to me. Any news on their production so far as in any delays?

DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 08:29:25 PM

In a phone call to sales at HashFast a week ago related to a few GBs I had going on with HF, I was told that everything is on track so far. Also, if you haven't heard, the first batch of chips are being hand carried from TSMC on a plane in specially prepared cases, to ensure there are no holdups about the shipment/delivery of these chips. No customs hold up on this one <knocks on forehead>.

FWIW, I'm hardware neutral but impressed with HashFast's industry best MPP. I was impressed enough to attempt to set up my own at-cost Group Buy since I had a good chunk of the money/BTC for a Baby Jet.

2 months later using this same model: I've sold or co-sold 2 HF Baby Jets, 2 HF Sierras, 2 KnC Jupiters (below cost and hashing thanks to user/GBC/remote miner co-op admin -Redacted-), and 1 Bitmine Rig by teaming up with other vetted GB Coordinators. We have about 50 members on 4 continents and 2 island chains. IMO, we are the most active Cooperative/Group Buy on the GB forum able to buy chunks in various Rigs as our own means of hedging our bets and lowering costs of the shares for GB buyers.

I would've never gotten started in founding an at-cost Miners Cooperative if it wasn't for that HashFast Baby Jet and concomitant MPP, so I have HF to partially thank for me getting started as a GBC. There's some concerns about the costs of additional hardware if/when MPP is triggered but we'll split the cost of the hardware for those that want to do the hashrate upgrade.

Since we're a democratic co-operative, the majority could even vote to sell the MPP chips instead if the extra hardware is deemed too costly.
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 08:40:25 PM

BTW, I'm not against a Cointerra GB, if for example, someone had a good chunk of the funds and if they were interested in being vetted by me to be a GB Coordinator,OR if they were willing to let thomas_s and I sell the Cointerra Group Buy *for* you, if you're not the type that is interested in trying to raise BTC for community purchases.

This is what happened for Round 3 in our at-cost Miners Cooperative, when I was approached by an R2 co-op member with an offer to buy half an MPP Sierra which fortunately coincided with the launch of the ASIC industry's first Flash Sale. Since we had already done the groundwork previously, we offered the GB forum the first access to Flash Sale pricing and sold out that at-cost $11.5K MPP Sierra miner + UPS/Battery combo in less then 12 hours, an unofficial GB forum record.

I've vetted 8 or more GBC and miner hosts on the GB forum so far, for free, as a community service and with the hope to do future business with these gentlemen.

Our co-op's modus operandi is at-cost or even below-cost shares (as is the case in R5/R6) because our co-op was founded on the principle of trying to make the very best market values available to the "little guy," as if that person had the exact same buying power of those with deep pockets. We truly cooperate to get things done, and we're truly hardware neutral as long as the company isn't BFL or Avalon (they're permabanned from our co-op).
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:05:15 AM

Just buy Bitcoins instead. You'd be much better off. If you have Bitcoins and wanna trade them for a mining unit, don't.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:19:28 PM

Just buy Bitcoins instead. You'd be much better off. If you have Bitcoins and wanna trade them for a mining unit, don't.

Probably good advice. Holding my Bitcoin instead of buying new mining gear even I would love to.
cointerra

Activity: 113

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 09:27:08 PM

Ive emailed cointerra not to long ago to ask about the type/size of PSU's they were using for their 2th/s unit. 

Needless to say, they couldn't give me a solid answer just "we estimate we will be using dual 1100s", but wasnt certain.

I had also asked if the PSU's were server/redundant or standard ATX, if they met 80 gold or above standards.  In the end I got a screen shot of a 1100w psu that could have been grabbed from just about anywhere with none of that information needed.

I am not at all questioning these guy's abilities in what they can do, they are all obviously qualified ENGINEERS. The one thing I do see different with these gents is, none of them have run the entire ship.  Just departments of, which is fine. Though could very well lead to a late arrival. due to the desire of perfection/standard engineers flaw.  Normally that is a great thing, sadly its a slightly different nature with btc.

Hello,
Sorry for the delay in answer. We have indeed chosen our power supply (PSU) supplier and we are equipping our TerraMiner series with power supplies from Power One (http://www.power-one.com). Our decision was based on the need for exceptionally reliable power sources for durability and reliability.

The CoinTerra Team

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 11:02:29 PM

Hello,
Sorry for the delay in answer. We have indeed chosen our power supply (PSU) supplier and we are equipping our TerraMiner series with power supplies from Power One (http://www.power-one.com). Our decision was based on the need for exceptionally reliable power sources for durability and reliability.

The CoinTerra Team

Are you guys really going to delivery early January?  I really do want test out your system but the difficulty rate is rising too quickly.  It's hard to tell if any miner will even get ROI let alone a profit.  I started using cloud mining which has been fun so far.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 08:01:24 AM

Please answer, I am also very interested in purchasing your product. Smiley
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 07:42:09 PM

I had also asked if the PSU's were server/redundant or standard ATX, if they met 80 gold or above standards.  In the end I got a screen shot of a 1100w psu that could have been grabbed from just about anywhere with none of that information needed.

I am not at all questioning these guy's abilities in what they can do, they are all obviously qualified ENGINEERS. The one thing I do see different with these gents is, none of them have run the entire ship.  Just departments of, which is fine. Though could very well lead to a late arrival. due to the desire of perfection/standard engineers flaw.  Normally that is a great thing, sadly its a slightly different nature with btc.

Hello,

The CoinTerra Team

Are you guys really going to delivery early January?  I really do want test out your system but the difficulty rate is rising too quickly.  It's hard to tell if any miner will even get ROI let alone a profit.  I started using cloud mining which has been fun so far.

So putting the two pieces of info together, this looks like the power supply we're talking about...

http://www.power-one.com/sites/power-one.com/files/documents/power/datasheet/bcd.00012_ah_pfe1100-12-054xa.pdf

Its specs look excellent.  Its way better than 80-PLUS GOLD.   Better than 80-PLUS PLATINUM even.  it claims >94.5% efficient.

high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:53:23 AM

Cointerra?  Can you respond?

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████