Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:11:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the maximum number of different cryptocurrencies we should invest in?  (Read 434 times)
cryptobobo

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:04:56 PM

There are no required number of cryptocurrencies that you can hold,no manimum and maximum required it is really depends on you if you can monitor hundreds of coins daily invest to all the coins you want,but for me the less coins you have the less stress you will get.Cryptocurrencies are too volatile that is why you need to monitor these altcoins very well or else you could lose big amounts of investments especially when the market is failing you should get quality over quanity coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mariangpalad

Activity: 196

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:12:38 PM

There are no ideal minimum and  maximum number of cryptocurrencies that you should have,it is depends on you if you want to have more go get more,but for me it is much easier to handle few quality coins than bunch of shitcoins out there,because you will never know when will these shitcoins be dumped and you wont get recover fast when it happens.

Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:20:31 PM
Merited by manfred (7)

max 3 everything else is a gambling and not an investment.

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:22:56 PM

I was reading some expert opinions about investing in cryptocurrencies and found that it's best to invest in three different cryptos. What is your opinion?

It actually depends on how well can you manage and monitor each. Also depends on the amount of money you can risk to invest. It's always better to diversify your investment because there's actually tons of altcoins out there that are worth investing and holding either for a short-term or long-term.
herecomesjohnny

Activity: 156
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:47:09 PM

There is no limit to investment in cryptocurrency, you can invest as much as you can on several coins, but just be mindful of making good choice and select cryptocurrency of high potential and avoid shit coins.
The more you invest the more you earn.

Many coins can be chosen but the precaution must be taken. There are different strategies which if used well can double, triple the profit if used smartly. These strategies must be used differently with the different amount of coins. I personally believe in the number 5 in your portfolio. Some coins are for the long-term and the others I use for the day trading. Everything depends on the current market situation.

The more invest - more earn term is actually questionable because the higher investment, although can bring you a big profit, also comes with the higher risk!
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:49:26 PM

I was reading some expert opinions about investing in cryptocurrencies and found that it's best to invest in three different cryptos. What is your opinion?

As much and as many potential ICO you are seeing. All coins is actually a risk, if you can afford to lose something then put it in all good projects available. You might also like to have some good reading and background checking about the project. Im not saying, invest in all kind of ICO, what Im saying is that if you see the potential then grab it. I actually diversify my investment, most of my fund is allocated on how much trust I see on a project.
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:52:22 PM

Ideally I want to have a large number of different coins because you can't always predict which ones will get big. But it's hard to manage them manually. When I concentrate on one coin the others are going down. I need something to automate this for me or maybe it's just an overall bad market.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:54:47 PM

Dont invest in more than 10 - 15 .Find the best for long term and keep something in BTC if you want to trade and to buy if it goes down
DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:08:38 PM

I think that there is no limitations at all. Everything will be based on your ability to monitor information and control your portfolio. I know people which invested in like 50-100 coins and felt okay.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
vaso11

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:11:13 PM

I think that it is worth investing not even 3 and a minimum of 5-7 cryptocurrency .Thus you will diversify the portfolio and will be less dependent on one coin.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:17:47 PM

The maximum number of different cryptocurrencies you should invest in depends on which is the  maximum number of different cryptocurrencies you can properly analyse and continuously track in its developement. If you cannot keep yourself updated about some of the coins you are invested it, you easily can end up loseing your money. It happened to me - I missed a coins swap, and when I've tried to fix ii it was too late.
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 06:31:43 AM

If we talk about investment, I think the more means the better. As long as you believe in the project and did your research about it then things would probably go well in the end.

Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:35:58 AM

The maximum number of different cryptocurrencies you should invest in depends on which is the  maximum number of different cryptocurrencies you can properly analyse and continuously track in its developement. If you cannot keep yourself updated about some of the coins you are invested it, you easily can end up loseing your money. It happened to me - I missed a coins swap, and when I've tried to fix ii it was too late.
This is a good point and something that many people overlook most of the time. Many people invest into an array of ICOS planning on becoming rich as soon as possible in the short term without doing proper research and end up losing money rather than gaining money. For example, the people who invested into coins/tokens during December last year are most likely confused and annoyed due to the bear market at the moment.

This goes to show how crucial research is in the crypto market these days. Coming to the question posted by op, there is no limit although I advise sticking to a few coins which you are confident about.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
rallyko

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:45:40 AM

In general, you can buy only 1 coin-bitcoin. But it seems to me that even 3 coins are not enough, you need more altcoins for risk diversification.
There are 20 altcoins in my portfolio.

dxbcoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:35:29 PM

You know, I can say exactly how many coins, but I guess it would be less than 5, because in my opinion, each of them there are certain technologies, news, events that you should follow up to update. If there are too many, you can easily get overwhelmed and everything out of your control. panis sell is real this time.

1 or 3 I think iis good, then slowly you can choose other coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: