Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:12:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Kudos  (Read 19539 times)
gmagee

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:08:57 PM

Excellent, sounds interesting, I will definitely keep an eye on it as I like this coin's fundamentals but it could do with some work and services to make it more popular.

Diamond in the rough hopefully!!

I'll be happy to help spread the word as and when...
mrbubl3s

Activity: 293
Merit: 261

Professional Ameteur

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:04:53 PM

We should be ready to relaunch in ~2 weeks with client updates and original services.
HeWhoBytesBits

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:45:34 PM

Maybe a silly question...

At 22:40 Paris time the pool http://kds.minar.cc/ states Pool Hashrate 3.60 MH/s (6) and Net Hashrate 2.86 MH/s (5).
How can the pool hash rate be higher than the network hash rate? (btw http://kudoscrypto.org/ stated 3,344 kH/s) Huh
In my perception the pool should be part of the network.
What am I missing?
sheinsha

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:48:59 PM

Hi
That is weird, maybe there was a caching issue i'll check it, as no one was mining these days i was not monitoring the site often, if it gets steady miners ill keep more than an eye on it Smiley

EDIT:
Always add this line to your config file:

Code:
addnode=kds.minar.cc
so you make sure you are synced against the pool, on low hash networks, forks are common, if some guy comes with 50mh it is prob that he takes the chain his way...

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
HeWhoBytesBits

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:52:15 PM

In that case I will jump aboard.

EDIT:
Got the information from the website, so no nodes needed, right? Wasn't mining yet.

EDIT2:
Now I am mining through your pool, not with much (yet), but better than nothing.
mrbubl3s

Professional Ameteur

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:19:23 PM

At 22:40 Paris time the pool http://kds.minar.cc/ states Pool Hashrate 3.60 MH/s (6) and Net Hashrate 2.86 MH/s (5).
How can the pool hash rate be higher than the network hash rate? (btw http://kudoscrypto.org/ stated 3,344 kH/s) Huh
What am I missing?

The network hashrate is calculated via the difficulty. Pool hashrates are actual speeds. So it's updated as the difficulty changes, and I think they change in maximum intervals. I might be wrong..

Also, with the little mining I've done with minar.cc, I've had good results.
HeWhoBytesBits

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:29:43 PM

What am I missing?

The network hashrate is calculated via the difficulty. Pool hashrates are actual speeds. So it's updated as the difficulty changes, and I think they change in maximum intervals. I might be wrong..

Also, with the little mining I've done with minar.cc, I've had good results.

My previous results with minar.cc where good also.
exzellenz

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:41:34 AM

We should be ready to relaunch in ~2 weeks with client updates and original services.

wow Shocked ty

mrbubl3s

Professional Ameteur

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:53:46 AM

8MH/s get!  Grin Grin Grin

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:55:36 AM

KDS come back

Let's color the MOON: Y7jzQmNkfVV3zyPhm2kpmFBstkCmLmg6em
exzellenz

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:11:54 AM

nice coin!  Tongue

sheinsha

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:28:49 PM

Thanks everyone for the nice words Smiley

KDS.Minar.cc is always open for you all!

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
CRYPT04

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:50:25 AM

You can now vote for Kudos on Crypto Rush  Grin
https://www.cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote
1 vote per hour or BTC donations !
HeWhoBytesBits

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:47:31 PM

You can now vote for Kudos on Crypto Rush  Grin
https://www.cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote
1 vote per hour or BTC donations !
Super!

But, I have been examining the vote list and came to the conclusion that voting for Kudos is not going to cut it. We need at least about 1 to 1.5 bitcoin. (Top of the list (today) donated over 1 bitcoin. A small calculation reveals it has about 113 actual votes.)
Also, given the fact that mrbubl3s and his friend are working on a new wallet I want to suggest the following.
To prevent disaster let us wait a little bit longer and first test/try the new wallet before we put Kudos on any exchange whatsoever.  I have witnessed drama with other coins that went to an exchange and launching a new wallet at the same time. The exchange site had a lot of trouble with the wallet and so it was exiled. Let alone the bad name that came with it.
Opinions? Suggestions? Other ideas?
When the time is there you can put me up for 0.1 bitcoin (it's all I have from mining another coin).
gmagee

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:02:51 AM

I agree you only get one real shot at a re-launch. It's worth taking a little extra time to test things and get it right.

Plus for any re-launch the crypto-community would expect the mandatory things any decent coins come with, like a re-vamped website, forums, faucets, games? Sorry Dev's if you are already all over it.

In the future you could even do something like sponsoring a charity/foundation (a large credible one preferably) with Kudos donations, and you could change it every quarter or something - just an idea.

I'm happy to throw in some BTC for extra votes when the time is right!
mrbubl3s

Professional Ameteur

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:06:55 AM

I agree you only get one real shot at a re-launch. It's worth taking a little extra time to test things and get it right.

Plus for any re-launch the crypto-community would expect the mandatory things any decent coins come with, like a re-vamped website, forums, faucets, games? Sorry Dev's if you are already all over it.

In the future you could even do something like sponsoring a charity/foundation (a large credible one preferably) with Kudos donations, and you could change it every quarter or something - just an idea.

I'm happy to throw in some BTC for extra votes when the time is right!

Things are going slowly but surely. I've been helping develop some bawesome services over the last few weeks, busy with irl job though.. As always there are unexpected problems. P:

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:17:08 AM

KDS dead? ?

Let's color the MOON: Y7jzQmNkfVV3zyPhm2kpmFBstkCmLmg6em
gmagee

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:44:22 PM

Definitely not dead!

But low enough for solo mining still.

Whenever I check on this coin (via http://kudoscrypto.org/) hash rate is always there, I've verified this first hand on the wallet along with multiple connections showing on the qt.

mrbubl3s and some other devs are working on bringing this crypto up to scratch, so it may not happen over night but all good things come to those who wait...

Grawlo

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:36:10 PM

Whats going on with kudos?

No support? No exchange?

HeWhoBytesBits

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:25:36 PM

Whats going on with kudos?

No support? No exchange?

Please read the previous messages.
We are patiently waiting for mrbubl3s and some other devs to finish a new version of the wallet, then we test, then we relaunch.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: