Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:38:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electroneum mobile mining  (Read 557 times)
IAmLucas

Activity: 187
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:20:17 AM

Guys, lots of people above saying it will damage the phone etc... or hot battery. Please read the other comments.

IT DOES NOT ACTUALLY USE YOUR PHONE TO MINE. It's all simulated, they did a big premine of ETN which will be handed out to simulated mobile miners. It's basically an airdrop that introduces people to the world of cryptocurrency.

I think that the average phone should be given around 10 ETN a month, which isn't substantial for people in first world countries, but imagine if you're in India, Africa or the Philippines? 1$ to them is a decent amount of money, some of these people get paid less than 100$ a month. So this will be hugely beneficial for them. It also gets more people involved in crypto which is good for everyone.

Just to reiterate a previous post.
Dimid

Activity: 702
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:19:30 PM

Today I installed the application on my smartphone. For 12 hours of work, 0.5 coins were mined and 30% of the smartphone's battery was spent.

JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 05:44:25 PM

Tried it, and uninstalled it.
Not getting any coins, and degrading my Samsung battery!

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:55:41 PM

is it linked to the phone power or to the strength of the connection is it worth trying? how many tokens did it generate per day? happy surfing Smiley
biticotalk

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:39:05 PM

Electroneum released mobile mining App on Android and Apple. That's looks pretty cool. Have you tried that and what do you think about that?
Earnings of crypto currency through special applications in the phone can not be fully accessible due to the fact that there is no powerful processor. It's better to do this with a computer, no matter how steep the applications are and how many crypts they can bring.
bennysax

Activity: 190
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:27:02 PM

I tried it, for over 40 mins, I could not achieve any positively result. My phone became very hot, because I realized I have to keep the dashboard on while it is mining and I had other things to do with my phone then I had to stop.
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:45:39 PM

To be honest I am a bit disappointed in the amount of coins you get though. But it is understandable, I mean if you look at the fact they have 1/3 Monero's hashrate. It wouldn't be fair for mobile miners to make more than real miners.
I was truthfully hoping for 90-150 ETN a month at least. Maybe they will tune it up still.

It is still a new idea and I think it can benefit the space as a whole, I am not sure why so many "OG" old school bitcoiners are completely anti Electroneum, it is a tool that will get people down the rabbit hole and it benefits all of us. There are far worse projects to hate on.

To those who complain you need to keep it on the dashboard and all, go to your app settings and allow it to run in the background. You need to correct those things on your phone, mine doesnt impact my battery at all.
Remember it benchmarks every hour, so itl take some time for earnings to show.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:51:10 PM

Electroneum is not a very good coin, even if they are now listed in KuCoin, they should be aiming to develop strategic partnerships instead of just buying new listings in exachanges that they already had anyway.,

Gracie12

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:53:10 PM

Mobile phone mining must be fast, but it can promote the use of cryptographic currency, and it can play a part in the development of cryptographic currency.

platinov_and

Activity: 364
Merit: 110

SPOKKZ

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:13:49 PM

Electroneum released mobile mining App on Android and Apple. That's looks pretty cool. Have you tried that and what do you think about that?

Are you serious?! Stay away from using mining apps on your smartphone! Your battery will be destroyed slowly and the performance of your smartphone will be reduced at least 60%. It's worthless.
I also think so that such programs simply put a battery and do not bring any real profit. Not every smartphone is suitable for such work and can even burn from overloads.

────────  SPOKKZ  ────────  
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── Join Pre-Sale
ziyaaa

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:40:47 PM

i tried electroneum mobile mining. it is very easy and it does not make telephone work too much. but it is earned too less. It is not time to spend time.

Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬     ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p     ▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
[   M V P   L I V E   ]   -   9 Blockchains Integrated Already
Borin

Activity: 260
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:50:17 PM

I install it, and I did not even register my account when I saw at they want register my phone number...  I value my privacy in crypto, so I say NO for Electroneum.
LtMotioN

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:43:07 PM

To clear the air on some of the previous posts in this thread;

1. Make sure you set your power settings on your phone to allow the app to run in the background
2. It takes about an hour or more to start showing some earnings.
3. The app is meant to run in the background. It benchmarks your hashrate then airdrops accordingly. I have found if you keep it open and dont minimize it then yes, your phone gets a little bit hot. Keep it minimized
4. The price needs to pump for the earnings to be something to really get excited over, but still for an app in the background its a good deal.
5. When leaving it running in the background I have not noticed any change in my battery life.

Also remember
This is simulated mining, this is basically just an airdrop

HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:50:49 PM

Today I installed the application on my smartphone. For 12 hours of work, 0.5 coins were mined and 30% of the smartphone's battery was spent.

Electroneum mining on just a regular phone would be neat though it may calculate equations very slowly compared to  a GPU miner. Mining Electroneum nonetheless..

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:56:59 PM

what is the purpose of this app?
why do you use this app to mine crypto?
this will overheat your phone.
Yes, mobile mining is just overheat your device. Mining with PC pr GPU is still the best way to mine cryptos. Mobile miner will only result small hash power and will earn small or tiny coins.
Britainacoin

Activity: 256

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:16:36 AM

that is bvery good idea to mining using mobile but i am afraid about hash power, mobiles power mining is low and i think it is better to use a good system or rig for mining
LtMotioN

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:43:39 PM

Electroneum is not a very good coin, even if they are now listed in KuCoin, they should be aiming to develop strategic partnerships instead of just buying new listings in exachanges that they already had anyway.,

They have been focusing on partnerships much more than exchanges tbh, I think their current ones put them at exposure to 230 million users (number might be a bit off but it is an astronomical amount).
I think once these partnerships fully materialize we will see it gain massive value, and real value at that. Most cryptocurrencies only have speculative value, almost none of them are used. ETN will be massively used.

Go check their blog below. They have been landing one after the other partnership since launch. Obviously for the business partners to make things actually happen it will take a few months, but it is on the way.

https://electroneum.com/blog/

Raggie

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:47:19 PM

Hmm, mining over mobile phone is okay, but it won't get much earnings i guess.
With mobile phone CPU, i don't think it will produce some decent hash power.
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:52:06 PM

Mining with mobile application is wrong, the device can't handle the progress like PC. Cool? absolutely yes but don't use mobile for mining activity. Mining need device with high specification and money if you want have a good result. Before start, please check again and try to find true information so you can calculate and manage your mining activity. Never trust mining with mobile is profitable activity, leave it and try another way.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:53:14 PM

mining in mobile phone ? are you sure that you can mine like a computer using mobile phone ? maybe you can mine but you can gain a cents , your mobile is already broken and still you cant earn in mining to buy a new one .
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: