Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:28:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Group Buy #31 ASICMiner Cubes 0.35 BTC 28-38GH/s  (Read 50025 times)
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:23:22 AM

USPS is driving me nuts!! SSB shipped my cube Saturday night and USPS hasn't updated the tracking info since that night and my cube still isn't here Sad

tracking said mine should be delivered on the 9th....   usps tracking shows no new update since the 7th....   

jaggard

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:16:48 AM

Blade ordered and shipped saturday finally got here today, after the post office sorting center sent to wrong location and they sent it around and around before they finally sent it to a sorting center that got it to the local post office and then here.
Guess they haven't gotten geared up for the holiday shipping rush just yet, lol.
dresdenreader

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:28:28 AM

Got my miner in the mail today and after some fuckery its running!

Great packaging SSB! No rattling, everything is running great, no board problems at all! I'm sitting at about 37.9 GH without issue here = )

BTC - 16CCpAqNiuqVNkihfEY3UjDsR5UAFYbiMX
DARK LORD CTHULHU BE PRAISED - OFF - QgdYCLwJAE8CA287xUVi5Zkv6NN9PDaA78
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294383.0
xzempt

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:40:54 AM

Blade ordered and shipped saturday finally got here today, after the post office sorting center sent to wrong location and they sent it around and around before they finally sent it to a sorting center that got it to the local post office and then here.
Guess they haven't gotten geared up for the holiday shipping rush just yet, lol.

let hope mine is so lucky too..... after 2 hours on the phone with USPS.... they have no idea where the package is, or when /if it will ever get here.....

SSB make sure you get a refund for that shipping fee!   they have failed for sure!
aideed

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:16:46 AM

May I reserve a cube?  Funds will clear coinbase on Friday.
jaggard

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:56:08 AM

Yeah I spent over 4 hours on phone/hold between 800 number and talking to local post offices trying to figure out what they had going on with it.

let hope mine is so lucky too..... after 2 hours on the phone with USPS.... they have no idea where the package is, or when /if it will ever get here.....

SSB make sure you get a refund for that shipping fee!   they have failed for sure!
crudpuppy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:21:50 PM

Holiday season creates havoc on shippers.  So expect delays on anything shipped this month till after Christmas :-)

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Miner_2049er

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:07:55 PM

Got my second shipment from SilentSonicBoom and it went very smoothy,
in spite of some issues I added that complicated matters.

Got my two cubes, one hashing at 38355, and the other currently at zero
since the cheap-ass PS I was using gave out after a couple of hours...

-M
SilentSonicBoom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 01:28:58 PM

Please check for any rattles when you receive cubes. Outer black case screws and inner silver heatsink screws sometimes loosen up/come off during shipment and may need retightening. Insurance is recommended for all orders in case usps loses order somehow. 95%+ of orders have been delivered by usps in the standard 2-3 day business window for priority mail. Some delays are happening I would assume due to holiday shipping. On my end, all orders are still being processed/shipped within 24 hours. Tracking numbers follow within 24 hours of shipment assuming forums stay up. If you think you need a replacement for a defective unit, let me know via pm. Any questions on how to run them/setup please ask here or in the forums.Thank you for your orders and have a great holiday/happy new year. SSB

vnhyp0

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:06:04 PM

My order was supposed to be delivered today to my house and it still is at the original shipping location, according to the tracking page at least. Further, 4 other orders all from locations independent of each other all are delayed or the tracking information has not been updated. 

One thing to note about late deliveries is that FedEx issued a severe weather storm yesterday (12/11/13) and claimed the weather was having an adverse effect on their deliveries/routes. The warning was retracted today, therefore, hopefully delivery service will get back on the ball (not just for Fedex, but all delivery services). I suspect this is the case for most other shipping services (not to mention larger volume of mail for holiday), as many share the same hubs/roads/holidays/weather/etc.

Hopefully things return closer to the mean soon and the slow delivery services (USPS, UPS, FedEx all delayed my packages this week) will remedy the problem with alacrity. I am quite eager to toy around with some cubes.

Thanks for the quick service SSB, it is unfortunate that the weather/holidays/incompetent workers have slowed progress.

QQ: 2228207157
vnhyp0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:25:36 PM

Does anyone have experience with an EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD Certified 1300W PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438011) or know if it would be able to handle 4x cubes (not powering anything else)?

I think with the cubes not OC'd, it should be fine, but after OC, it might be cutting it close, and I would hate to ruin a PSU or cube due to this. I did have 3x 60 GH/s BFL singles running on the PSU for several weeks with no problem, so I think it should be ok. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I also was wondering if these (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812706033) cables would work to power the 4 cubes from the PSU (the PSU has 6x 8pin power slots for vga and 2x 8 pin power slots for cpu 1 & 2. The reason wonder is because I had used Y cables to power the BFL singles (8pin to 2x 6pin) and only used 3 cables (one per unit). This would require me to use all 8 of the 8pin slots on the PSU, but it is not powering anything else.

Further, I didn't know if it would provide any advantage by perhaps providing more power to the cubes by have more wires/outlets connected, or if it will not work or drop the performance significantly.

Thanks for any help.

SilentSonicBoom (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 02:43:34 PM

My order was supposed to be delivered today to my house and it still is at the original shipping location, according to the tracking page at least. Further, 4 other orders all from locations independent of each other all are delayed or the tracking information has not been updated. 

One thing to note about late deliveries is that FedEx issued a severe weather storm yesterday (12/11/13) and claimed the weather was having an adverse effect on their deliveries/routes. The warning was retracted today, therefore, hopefully delivery service will get back on the ball (not just for Fedex, but all delivery services). I suspect this is the case for most other shipping services (not to mention larger volume of mail for holiday), as many share the same hubs/roads/holidays/weather/etc.

Hopefully things return closer to the mean soon and the slow delivery services (USPS, UPS, FedEx all delayed my packages this week) will remedy the problem with alacrity. I am quite eager to toy around with some cubes.

Thanks for the quick service SSB, it is unfortunate that the weather/holidays/incompetent workers have slowed progress.
Tracking can appear to be at the original shipping location when in fact usps has shipped it and it is enroute. If the usps does not scan it along the way, the tracking does not show where it is at. Please keep me updated on when you receive it. SSB

vnhyp0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 03:21:03 PM

Will do SSB. I currently have 4 packages being sent from around the country through various services (UPS, USPS, and Fedex), and ALL are delayed at least 1 day so far. I just thought I'd share the info to help ease some concerns. I will inform you when my cubes arrive, thanks again for the quick delivery and support on your part.

DrunkenSailor

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:07:30 PM

Payment and PM sent...
sbfree

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:25:38 PM

silent, received my 4 units. My units arrived kinda banged up, usps was not too nice to them. I know shipping them was a bitch due to size and usps box sizes are limited, but taking them out of the original shipping foam was kinda a bad idea, one of my units actually came with a dent on that thick extruded aluminum with grooves, and them some got scratched up...luckily I have tested 3 out of 4 so far, and all are perfect....one more unit to go....

also, even before plugging any of these in, I would suggest pulling out each board and blades....why, because on most if not all blades, the heats sink were loose and/or about to fall off...1 has a missing screw (which I couldn't find) and many heat sinks were loose. Also, some blades if not most, came out of the upper alignment grooves located on the top inside of the case. BE CAREFUL with the faceplate, when removing or replacing it, you need to watch out for the status LED or you will break it! 

Some of these rattled so hard I noticed pin pricks underneath the mainboard, where it seems the solder points underneath the board actually left 2 rows of tiny dings/pin pricks on the case. (check yours in case it's actually touching or it might fry)

Anyway...just an FYI for those receiving theirs.....

THANKS SSB, I have one more to test....after some sleep.

ps. I will send some btc to use of some of my credit on another 2 units. thanks again ssb,

sbfree.
hayseed

Activity: 240

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:37:40 PM

USPS is driving me nuts!! SSB shipped my cube Saturday night and USPS hasn't updated the tracking info since that night and my cube still isn't here Sad

tracking said mine should be delivered on the 9th....   usps tracking shows no new update since the 7th....   

If by some miracle it shows up on my doorstep. Ill be sure to test it for a few days before sending it on  Grin

SilentSonicBoom (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 04:41:38 PM

silent, received my 4 units. My units arrived kinda banged up, usps was not too nice to them. I know shipping them was a bitch due to size and usps box sizes are limited, but taking them out of the original shipping foam was kinda a bad idea, one of my units actually came with a dent on that thick extruded aluminum with grooves, and them some got scratched up...luckily I have tested 3 out of 4 so far, and all are perfect....one more unit to go....

also, even before plugging any of these in, I would suggest pulling out each board and blades....why, because on most if not all blades, the heats sink were loose and/or about to fall off...1 has a missing screw (which I couldn't find) and many heat sinks were loose. Also, some blades if not most, came out of the upper alignment grooves located on the top inside of the case. BE CAREFUL with the faceplate, when removing or replacing it, you need to watch out for the status LED or you will break it! 

Some of these rattled so hard I noticed pin pricks underneath the mainboard, where it seems the solder points underneath the board actually left 2 rows of tiny dings/pin pricks on the case. (check yours in case it's actually touching or it might fry)

Anyway...just an FYI for those receiving theirs.....

THANKS SSB, I have one more to test....after some sleep.

ps. I will send some btc to use of some of my credit on another 2 units. thanks again ssb,

sbfree.
Thanks for the update. These are hard to ship in quantities of 3+ because of there size/weight. I may have to ship each individually in there own box at a higher shipping rate or only ship two max per large flat rate box. Shipping prices will be updated once I decide how to handle this. Thank you. SSB

hayseed

Activity: 240

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:51:23 PM

I once received a plastic envelope with the top part of a shipping box containing the label with my address (no contents, just the box top) and a "Were sorry" note.

USPS at their finest   Angry

FYI - shipping companies by law can not undercut USPS on shipping cost. That is why USPS will allways be cheaper.

Another Fun(NOT) fact. If you put a letter in a box or overnite envelope from another shipper etc. It must still have postage on it. Worked at a corp gig years back. mail that came in to main office and needed redirected out to other locations was bundled together in a box and shipped via UPS. Post dude came in one day and saw them boxing it up. Told them that they either needed to put canceled postage for all the letters in the box or ship via USPS and brought back a copy of the legal section that covered it.  Huh
SilentSonicBoom (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 05:15:32 PM

Shipping on cubes has been changed. Each cube ordered ships individually in its original packaging from AsicMiner. Each 8 pack of cubes ships in original packaging inside outer cardboard box that holds all 8 individual boxes/miners. New shipping rates are listed below:

Cube priority/express shipping

Each cube   .024 btc or usps priority shipping label for 7 pound box 9x9x8
   8 cubes       .09 btc or  usps priority shipping label for 51 pound box 17x16x16
   Each cube express  .056 btc or usps express shipping label for 7 pound box 9x9x8
   8 cubes express      .19 btc or  usps express shipping label for 51 pound box 17x16x16

This has been changed to protect individual cubes from nicks/scratches/etc in transit. SSB

xzempt

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:45:15 PM

Please check for any rattles when you receive cubes. Outer black case screws and inner silver heatsink screws sometimes loosen up/come off during shipment and may need retightening. Insurance is recommended for all orders in case usps loses order somehow. 95%+ of orders have been delivered by usps in the standard 2-3 day business window for priority mail. Some delays are happening I would assume due to holiday shipping. On my end, all orders are still being processed/shipped within 24 hours. Tracking numbers follow within 24 hours of shipment assuming forums stay up. If you think you need a replacement for a defective unit, let me know via pm. Any questions on how to run them/setup please ask here or in the forums.Thank you for your orders and have a great holiday/happy new year. SSB

Confirmed  this is no issue on SSB's end.... he gets stuff to the post office quickly!    This is a lack of incompetence by a failing postal service. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: