Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:39:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero under 25 cents? What the hell _were_ you waiting for?  (Read 396 times)
Moneroman88 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:28:45 PM

I posted this thread in early 2015 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=925649 - titled 'Monero under 25 cents? What the hell are you waiting for?'

For some reason it got locked which is a mystery in itself but hey I respect that. Now I'm posting this thread for the discussions started in that very thread to continue.

If you were around at the time did you buy some XMR for yourself and lock it away? I mean 1000 XMR for $250 wasn't so much. Anyone could have dropped some into it and it absolutely made sense at the time as it does today to use that coin

The coin is simply such a good one

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:09:24 PM

I posted this thread in early 2015 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=925649 - titled 'Monero under 25 cents? What the hell are you waiting for?'

For some reason it got locked which is a mystery in itself but hey I respect that. Now I'm posting this thread for the discussions started in that very thread to continue.

If you were around at the time did you buy some XMR for yourself and lock it away? I mean 1000 XMR for $250 wasn't so much. Anyone could have dropped some into it and it absolutely made sense at the time as it does today to use that coin

Most people here are (or should) be interested about performance against Bitcoin, since most people buy alts with their bitcoins, or at least I do, and I was pleased to see that Monero is performing very good against Bitcoin, unlike most alts, which have been going down against Bitcoin, even if they went up against the dollar.

I must confess that I fucked up real bad by selling all of my XMR, I think I sold them at a loss because I bought at all time highs back then...

Anyway, the problem of XMR is that I don't see how you could buy a house with XMR gains since the blockchain is obscured so you can't prove you obtained your coins legally or ilegally, and at least me personally im interested in buying a house eventually with my crypto gains.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:03:08 AM

Most people here are (or should) be interested about performance against Bitcoin, since most people buy alts with their bitcoins, or at least I do, and I was pleased to see that Monero is performing very good against Bitcoin, unlike most alts, which have been going down against Bitcoin, even if they went up against the dollar.

I must confess that I fucked up real bad by selling all of my XMR, I think I sold them at a loss because I bought at all time highs back then...

Anyway, the problem of XMR is that I don't see how you could buy a house with XMR gains since the blockchain is obscured so you can't prove you obtained your coins legally or ilegally, and at least me personally im interested in buying a house eventually with my crypto gains.

Owner of private keys can easily show where his transactions come from if he want to.  Coins where you would not show that would be a shity coins for doing buisness. Since you could not prove you sent a transaction.
coastbank

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:21:16 AM

Looks like you caught rich making coin and defended it to to guts. Congratulations. I still love how monero works and its great that crypto developed coin like monero. We people needed that kind of coin.

caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 10:23:09 AM

I wish i got that early into Crypto, for sure Monero has made many people rich.
With 700$ invested back then, someone would have 1 million $ worth of Monero now if they didn't sell any coins.

zakariajaki

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:27:59 AM

With 700$ invested back then, someone would have 1 million $ worth of Monero now if they didn't sell any coins.
Nice ill be waiting in 2 week
I hope monero can be have projects
GuppyMan

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:01:41 AM

It took 3 years and we see how the monero became more powerful 12 times. If you kept a thousand coins then it would have made a huge profit now. This project is very good and further it will also continue to develop and grow.

AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:20:04 AM

We all know the anonymous coins are considered bad by some people. I strongly oppose those who say it, because this is not a coin mistake, but it is purely a mistake from its users. Unfortunately I have not known crypto in 2015 and now I do not want to miss the opportunity.
Johnny134

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:28:46 AM

That's a big "if" . Even if you would have bought BTC for like 0.10$ or 1$ or 2$ or 5$ back in the day(which i'm sure some people, maybe quite a lot did) , you would have very likely sold out at like 50 - 60 - 100$ . That is a big return , but not to make you a gazillionaire. It was preety much impossible to foresee this crypto boom, so i guess no point in crying for something that might've, would've, should've been.
cryptomunt

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 08:43:23 AM

Although the chance you wouldn't have sold any coins is highly unlikely. I'd probably have sold all of it by the time it reached x100
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:01:55 PM

That's a big "if" . Even if you would have bought BTC for like 0.10$ or 1$ or 2$ or 5$ back in the day(which i'm sure some people, maybe quite a lot did) , you would have very likely sold out at like 50 - 60 - 100$ . That is a big return , but not to make you a gazillionaire. It was preety much impossible to foresee this crypto boom, so i guess no point in crying for something that might've, would've, should've been.

Yes and also. Bitcoin was not that long under $1. Little people were exposed to bitcoin back then. And you all know how it is with Bitcoin. No one buys it when first hear about it. Everyone needs some time to considerate it in their head.

Same was with Monero under $0.25.  It was just short period of time. And that was time when Bitcoin was sub $300. Many Bitcoin holders were losing their hope.   Lots bought Monero way higher a year before it fall to $0.25 at 10 times higher price and more.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:56:42 PM

Its on most well established coins, not only on monero. Look for example at Litecoin. It was still only worth 4$ last year. But I think, it is not to late, to get on Monero train. It will continue its uptrend because of its stable network and high privacy. Even Dogecoin could still grow up and maybe someday on 1$.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:26:52 AM

Yeah... Monero pretty much is the best altcoin available at the moment.

It may not be the best time to buy your Monero at the moment with prices over $200, but I think that if you were going to invest in any other altcoin you're probably better off investing in Monero.

You're probably not going to see an opportunity to make as much money as when XMR was under a buck, but if you hold it long term, it will increase in value.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:08:57 AM

You're probably not going to see an opportunity to make as much money as when XMR was under a buck, but if you hold it long term, it will increase in value.

The problem nowadays is that a lot of people became impatience since the crypto industry boom for a short period of time. With too many options to choose from, it's all about getting lucky of choosing the right coin that has the possibility of following the footsteps of Monero.

Before, only a few coins enter the scene with unique ideas and motive. It is easy to determine back then which can thrive and worth to invest. People weren't that confuse and can focus to research and study per project. Imagine now that hundreds of coins were being released per week, it's really impossible to go through piece by piece even if you dedicate your time in it.

Long term invest has became a lottery game, picking numbers and hoping that what you have choose are the winning numbers.
darmawan_lasuara

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:17:07 AM

Yes, too many coins are scattered in the market today, making us so dizzy in choosing the right coin to invest. Hope the coins that I have today will increase like Monero.
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:32:35 AM

Looks like you're getting rich through XMR  Grin
If i got into crypto earlier, i would have bought some of XMR and probably have sold all of mine when it hit x50. I always looking for underrated altcoins that have the possibility to grows x50-x100 and put small capital on it.
But i can't resist for not selling my altcoins once it hits x5 or x10. I remember when i bought sumokoin at 5000 sat on cryptopia and when it hits 55k sat, i couldn't resist to hold it and sold 90% of mine right away in the end.

andrey755

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:42:22 AM

Many coins from that time already cost several times more, so I do not think that you need to regret, you need to live the present and make money from what they offer us. So not one monero can be satiated in the market.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:41:42 AM

The same will be said of XSPEC which isn't much more than 25 cents right now. It was also being fudded despite having better privacy technology than monero. One day, someone will make a thread like and there will be a lot of regret from the dumpsters

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Zanetti83

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:49:50 AM

Well, nice instinct you had there, my friend.
Happy for you.
Now that moreno value already acknowledged, how far do you think it will grow in the future?
light22man

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 10:14:17 AM

So just made a right choose back there. But I think in 2015  was  a lot of good cheap coin. Maybe in compare with ETH and other Monero investment was not one of the best

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: