Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:58:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Viber Is Going to Launch Its Own Cryptocurrency!  (Read 382 times)
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:41:51 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 06:03:57 PM by Thadeous

Amazing news come from Viber: another instant messaging platform is going to have its own coin! Cool
Viber has more than 900 million active users and currently is the most used instant messenger in Russia.
Viber Does Not Fall behind Telegram and Is Going to Launch Its Own Cryptocurrency
lopatitapipa

Activity: 60
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:10:23 PM

Wow, Viber is the most popular messenger among post-soviet countries. Can't wait to see this ViberCoin Smiley
rost1989

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:18:33 PM

Amazing news come from Viber: another instant messaging platform is going to have its own coin! Cool
Viber has more than 900 million active users and currently is the most used instant messenger in Russia.
Viber Does Not Fall behind Telegram and Is Going to Launch Its Own Cryptocurrency

I don't see any usecases for Viber coins. I personally use Viber, and don't understand how they want to apply crypto in Viber application globally.

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:20:23 PM

I don't get it much, Viber is a very good app for messaging and i admire the technology they are sharing to the people to communicate,
they are so successful, and now they are having an ICO, is this for money matter? what will Viber need an ICO for?
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:22:26 PM

What a joke these market manipulators wont stop spreading fake news and speculations, first Telegram ICO,facebook,second amazon,uber, and now viber?
There are no doubt twitter,myspace,youtube and google will surely the next ones that will launch their own cryptocurrencies,there are too much fake news spreading that might be used to solicit money from the noob investors out there,so beware.
Payapa

Activity: 138
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:24:22 PM

The Rakuten token is really nice to hear, especially as they mention that the tokens will be unlimited. I hope they could release and advertise it more than telegram's coin for exposure. I myself would like also to see the development of their coin once it's out, and hopefully read the whitepaper of their coin.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:28:54 PM

Looks like Viber want to get into cryptocurrency mania to encash money from noobs. They want to ride this wave for sure. They are serious because telegram might launch it's own cryptocurrency by conducting an ico. Viber is a good competitor to telegram in instant messaging apps. So they don't want their rival to getting ahead in technology.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:30:38 PM

The Rakuten token is really nice to hear, especially as they mention that the tokens will be unlimited. I hope they could release and advertise it more than telegram's coin for exposure. I myself would like also to see the development of their coin once it's out, and hopefully read the whitepaper of their coin.
First of all how did Telegram manage to get 3.8 Billion already I thought that number was just 1 Billion the other day? But more importantly this plan has got to be even worse, the unlimited coin aspect should deter anybody alone. That means inflation is uncapped, I don't know about you but that is why I exited the fiat game!

Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:39:13 PM

I don't get it much, Viber is a very good app for messaging and i admire the technology they are sharing to the people to communicate,
they are so successful, and now they are having an ICO, is this for money matter? what will Viber need an ICO for?

Actually they haven't announced ICO yet, but most probably will.
It's obvious that the main purpose of this Viber coin is hype, especialy while the whole crypto world waits for Telegram ICO official announcement.
InGODweTrast3

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:41:40 PM

Good news! The project is really very cool, it's a pity they refused to hold ICO! (
marco9993

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:45:56 PM

Is it worth investing in such a coin? what will be paid with that currency?
andrey111

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:52:00 PM

Viber looked at the Telegrams and decided - and what made me worse? And the token will be called Rakuten Coin. Specific information on when and how the crypto currency will be issued is not yet clear.
alarsincoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:53:18 PM

As I see its not good news for users of viber - if u have coins u must use it for paying for services of viber, thas mean there will payed services for viber. Are its good? I think no.

trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:00:16 PM

I wonder what will be the purpose of having a cryptocurrency.  Viber is pretty much a free service, I don't see any uses for these tokens and don't think it will carry much value.  It just seems like every platform with millions of users are hopping on the cryptocurrency bandwagon. 
khendjer

Activity: 157
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:02:39 PM

I don't see any usecases for Viber coins. I personally use Viber, and don't understand how they want to apply crypto in Viber application globally.
I wonder what will be the purpose of having a cryptocurrency.  Viber is pretty much a free service, I don't see any uses for these tokens and don't think it will carry much value.  It just seems like every platform with millions of users are hopping on the cryptocurrency bandwagon. 

Not a Viber user so can't say for sure, but can assume that like any other messanger they're following a few simple goals:

- raise money on ICO for further product development and to be able to compete in the future with such a strong competitor like Telegram or others;
- if Viber is completely free to use now, they will add for sure some paid functionality in the future and make all the in app purchases and additional services available only in their coins so as to provide demand and raise in price of their coin and get more additional profit out of the coins.

Despite Viber is not widespread worldwide but if they really have 900 million active users in Russia like it stated above, it is still a huge audience which can ensure a huge profit for them.

worldooftanks

Activity: 266
Merit: 113

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:05:29 PM

Soon all companies will want to issue its own cryptocurrency,what are we going to wait for the road map and the ico,I hope they have, it is adequate,and not as it will have a ton(telegram)
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:09:02 PM

Not a Viber user so can't say for sure, but can assume that like any other messanger they're following a few simple goals:

- raise money on ICO for further product development and to be able to compete in the future with such a strong competitor like Telegram or others;
- if Viber is completely free to use now, they will add for sure some paid functionality in the future and make all the in app purchases and additional services available only in their coins so as to provide demand and raise in price of their coin and get more additional profit out of the coins.

Despite Viber is not widespread worldwide but if they really have 900 million active users in Russia like it stated above, it is still a huge audience which can ensure a huge profit for them.

It's a wrong business strategic move if they go through with offering a cryptocurrency.  The cryptocurrency industry is flooded with scams.  This could ruin their platform and eliminate many users if scams start to pop up on Viber.  They are better off implementing ads if they need to raise funds. 
julianAm

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:16:14 PM

Hello

OMG, now we can expect another new ICO - messenger like skype, what up and etc..it's really funny  Grin

Fioraver

Activity: 472

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:17:09 PM

I don't like the idea. Vibes is already successful and very popular. I don't know why would they need their own crypto. The only reason I can see is big and popular companies try to monetize their good reputation. I don't know what can Viber offer, but we will see.

eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:17:30 PM

Worst thing that ever happen to crypto space is Ethereum and it's tokens. Before you had to at least put some effort into creating another meaningless crypto now you just pay few bucks of network fees and you got your own coin.
Telegram and Viber, IM platforms, for what are they going to use the coin ? Why would anyone want to hold it? I highly doubt that this news are not fake, but still it's stupid move from company to do it (if they are actually going to do it) and even more stupid for some news website to make it up...
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: