Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:49:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Viber Is Going to Launch Its Own Cryptocurrency!  (Read 382 times)
janpec1000

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Play2Live presale starts on 25th January

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:21:39 PM

Amazing news come from Viber: another instant messaging platform is going to have its own coin! Cool
Viber has more than 900 million active users and currently is the most used instant messenger in Russia.
Viber Does Not Fall behind Telegram and Is Going to Launch Its Own Cryptocurrency

Very interesting to see which hard cup they would like to reach and also interesting compared to telegram ICO

HichemFetoui

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:38:49 PM

i heard that telegram will do also viber , and facebook still thinking those large scale project will bring cryptocurrency to the masses
cris17

Activity: 640

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:49:01 PM

According to analysts, Viber seeks to create its own cryptocurrency primarily in order to keep up with its competitors, for example, the messenger Telegram, which recently announced the launch of its version of cryptocurrency, and has already collected more than $3.8 billion in ICO for the development and support of blockchain.

Sounds like new fake story, where are official announcements? Soon there will be news about new ICO  of every company, messenger and so on. I'm wondering why they need to run ICO and what will be their Hard Cap?
HectorFabian

Activity: 138
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:55:21 PM

Amazing news come from Viber: another instant messaging platform is going to have its own coin! Cool
Viber has more than 900 million active users and currently is the most used instant messenger in Russia.
Viber Does Not Fall behind Telegram and Is Going to Launch Its Own Cryptocurrency

VIBER COIN first moblink now viber how are is the coin going to be i wonder.
abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:03:49 PM

Worst thing that ever happen to crypto space is Ethereum and it's tokens. Before you had to at least put some effort into creating another meaningless crypto now you just pay few bucks of network fees and you got your own coin.
Telegram and Viber, IM platforms, for what are they going to use the coin ? Why would anyone want to hold it? I highly doubt that this news are not fake, but still it's stupid move from company to do it (if they are actually going to do it) and even more stupid for some news website to make it up...
I have heard starbucks and uber will do the same,what a joke cryptocurrencies are getting more unreliable with these news,it might be shilling some fake projects so that the scammers can create a fake ICO or airdrop that will solicit money from the noob investors,TON were conducting a secret ICO that was shilled by these people,these scammers are fools an ICO should always be in public unless their ICO is only for the private sales.

Funny and irritating news everywhere. Huh

JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:07:22 PM

ViberCoin or Token? For what? Viber is a free app for messaging and calling so if Viber is going to create their own crypto they'll use it in their app right? That mean if you want to use Viber to call or send message you need to have VỉberCoin. LOL. I don't think it'll work cause there are a lot of free app that everyone can use to send message or call for free like Viber so if Viber is going to run their own ICO for their new coin I don't think it'll be successful.

cryptorTUX

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:14:54 PM

Viber looked at the Telegrams and decided - and what made me worse? And the token will be called Rakuten Coin. Specific information on when and how the crypto currency will be issued is not yet clear.

These ICOs offered by big companies could be potentially success in terms of ROI they can generate. But don't forget the fact that they are entering this space because it is getting a lot of attention lately. If I can chose between big companies coin or some other crypto which was made by ordinary people who want to get rid of centralized services - well I'll chose something like bitcoin.

It is not clear but even if they lunch a shitcoin with awful features people are going to buy it because they don't understand principles of cryptocurrency or not in the same way as I do at least.
mangolove1

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:19:17 PM

Worst thing that ever happen to crypto space is Ethereum and it's tokens. Before you had to at least put some effort into creating another meaningless crypto now you just pay few bucks of network fees and you got your own coin.
Telegram and Viber, IM platforms, for what are they going to use the coin ? Why would anyone want to hold it? I highly doubt that this news are not fake, but still it's stupid move from company to do it (if they are actually going to do it) and even more stupid for some news website to make it up...

True, there are a lof of scam tokens that are easily created. But at least Viber is a app a lot of people use. I don't see how this can become popular though.
LamontFalkner

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:27:07 PM

viber getting in the crypto world heads will definitely turn
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:32:55 PM

and the number of tokens will be unlimited.
Is that possible &  operable ?
Anyway , Viber does not need to get involved in crypto field since it's already a successful social messaging company unless they want to collect some billions $$ from its users .
Another thing I'd like to comment : the competition between social media companies over creating coins will affect them negatively because they reoriented their interest to irrelevant fields to their main communication sphere
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:34:03 PM

Wooohooo, 900 millions new crypto users.

That's one great news! We could expect fresh income of fiat into cryptos. ViberCoin to the moon!

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:06:38 PM

It's the same greedy ploy being used by these companies. Their aim is to milk the Crypto space of much money as possible. See Telegram raising over $850M in funding for an already established application. KIN has failed to live up to expectations since completing the ico. The project has been in the shadows of recent.

khendjer

Activity: 157
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:47:51 PM

I don't see any usecases for Viber coins. I personally use Viber, and don't understand how they want to apply crypto in Viber application globally.
I don't get it much, Viber is a very good app for messaging and i admire the technology they are sharing to the people to communicate,
they are so successful, and now they are having an ICO, is this for money matter? what will Viber need an ICO for?
I wonder what will be the purpose of having a cryptocurrency.  Viber is pretty much a free service, I don't see any uses for these tokens and don't think it will carry much value.  It just seems like every platform with millions of users are hopping on the cryptocurrency bandwagon. 

Not a Viber user so can't say for sure, but can assume that like any other messanger they're following a few simple goals:

- raise money on ICO for further product development and to be able to compete in the future with such a strong competitor like Telegram or others;
- if Viber is completely free to use now, they will add for sure some paid functionality in the future and make all the in app purchases and additional services available only in their coins so as to provide demand and raise in price of their coin and get more additional profit out of the coins.

Despite Viber is not widespread worldwide but if they really have 900 million active users in Russia like it stated above, it is still a huge audience which can ensure a huge profit for them.

It's a wrong business strategic move if they go through with offering a cryptocurrency.  The cryptocurrency industry is flooded with scams.  This could ruin their platform and eliminate many users if scams start to pop up on Viber.  They are better off implementing ads if they need to raise funds. 
Well, I agree with you that it could be not so wise business move from their side if they run ICO, make their own cryptocurrency and make a solid ground for the number of scums growth this way. But you know, like people say, money rules the world. It's too hard for the business to resist against such an easy way of collecting additional money like ICO or new own coin launch, especially if the business already has a working product and huge user database.

All the ICO risks could be justified as scums cannot affect much on the service reputation like we can see on Telegram example. Probably thousands of scams stole an enormous amount of money running fake Telegram ICOs but there is no sign for Telegram that bad days are coming for their business. There is no news about Telegram losing their users. If they fail one day to implement all the ICO promises, it will be the case and we'll see the end of their business. Only time will show what would be next.
The interesting point to admit regarding the Telegram closed ICO is that they didn't announce their coin offering officially, just posted anonymously unconfirmed whitepaper and that's all. This way no one can blame them for any funds being stolen by different scams and no accusations can be filed. Had they run a public ICO and announce it officially, I'm sure we'd see a new ICO record of officially collected funds as well as a new record of funds stolen, as usually people are as eager for easy money as businesses.

Looks like Viber is considering implementing something similar to what Telegram did, we'll see. Who knows, maybe a potential estimated profit Viber can get out of advertising isn't big enough to cover further competition and product development. If they have 900 million users, they can also take such risks like Telegram did, cause in any case they won't lose all their active users and can even engage more ones due to ICO hype.

Igromania

Activity: 320

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:20:02 AM

It looks like there was a new trend. Soon all social networks will start to arrange ICO)
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:21:05 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 02:42:06 AM by Thadeous

Wooohooo, 900 millions new crypto users.

That's one great news! We could expect fresh income of fiat into cryptos. ViberCoin to the moon!

Definitely to the moon!
Personally, I use Viber and find it fairly handy, basically most of its features, like group chat, internal and mobile calls, integration with smartphone contacts. Can't wait to try this Viber store based on Rakuten coin. Roll Eyes
Geoll29

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:58:55 AM

This is amazing! One by one, known internet software makers are joining the cryptocurrency world. I will definitely join with them because I believe they are going to be a reliable creator. I hope others will follow them.

sksshopee

Activity: 176

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:05:22 AM

Viber’s decision to create its own cryptocurrency comes from competitive reasons, as recently Telegram announced his own TON cryptocurrency.
The company plans to increase the number of international transactions, to reduce the commission for currency exchange as well as to expand the retail and wholesale trade network.
hakatu

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:05:44 AM

I wonder what would their coin be used for.
Are they trying to decentralize their severs (something like Umbala,a live-stream app did) or just issue the coins as a credit for their services.
biticotalk

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:13:07 PM

And what is the general sense in the existence of a crypto currency in a vibeera? even if they do something like this, it's not a fact that it will develop and become popular. It seems to me that there will be little use from it. Although, you can try, since the crypto currency at the present time is so popular.
justBorn

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:15:52 PM

If this is true the crypto-currency is so much more popular today. I hope this is not a bluff. I am hoping to see Viber with a great contribution in blockchain technology to the future.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: