Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:59:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 18x S9's and 16x L3+'s w/ Power Supplies  (Read 698 times)
janismm88

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:55:45 AM

After much back and forth with this individual or individuals, based on some inconsistencies in dialogue, it is my strong gut feel that this is a scam. Make your own decisions but I wouldn't touch this situation. Likely a couple of "resellers" that bought a bunch of miners for $2700 plus PSU's from Bitmain and now they're screwed and can't get rid of them. So they cooked up this plan to escrow 1 or 2 machines and then try and get a chunk of money for the rest and run. Rinse and repeat. Beware.

Inconsistencies such as?

You can draw any conclusion you want, doesn't make any of it factual. I'm not a reseller, I don't have a partner, and I'm not screwed if I can't sell them. I would prefer to get rid of them, but if I can't make a deal then it's not the end of the world.

Yes this is clever scam more advanced
1) price is more or less real
2) He even have stock pics look real
3) offer couple units escrow
4) Gain little bit trust take big chunk and run away Cheesy
@ OP you didn't answer why you sell in first place why order from bitmain and then sell immediately at loss? You didn't think about hosting solution before order

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jenia1

Activity: 504
Merit: 267

HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:47:32 AM

simply put:

if you cannot confirm the identity of the person and have some assurances then never deal without escrow.
even if you manage to get some assurances, then never deal with a new user, as they have nothing to lose if their account is compromised.
as others have said before me, this thread seems fishy...

Making mining profitable
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ANN  Website  Facebook
                                   █████████
                             ███      ████████   █████
               ▄█████████▄   █          ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████   ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄    ████████
       █████  █████  ██████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████ █████  ████  ████  █████████
█████  █████  █████   █████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
█████  █████  █████   █████  █    ██     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████████████  █████   █████  ██    ███████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████
█████  █████  █████████████  ████    █████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ██████████  █████████▀  ████
█████  █████  █████████████  ██████    ███████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████    ████
█████  █████  █████   █████       ███   ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████ ▀███▄  ████
       █████  █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
              █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  █████████
                      █████  █          ██████   █████   ▀█████  █████▀   ████  ████  ████  ████   ████████
                             ███       ███████   █████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Mining Farm planning & advising
Equipment supply & transportation
Linking investors & ideas

cryptoenthusiast3 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:08:22 PM

After much back and forth with this individual or individuals, based on some inconsistencies in dialogue, it is my strong gut feel that this is a scam. Make your own decisions but I wouldn't touch this situation. Likely a couple of "resellers" that bought a bunch of miners for $2700 plus PSU's from Bitmain and now they're screwed and can't get rid of them. So they cooked up this plan to escrow 1 or 2 machines and then try and get a chunk of money for the rest and run. Rinse and repeat. Beware.

Inconsistencies such as?

You can draw any conclusion you want, doesn't make any of it factual. I'm not a reseller, I don't have a partner, and I'm not screwed if I can't sell them. I would prefer to get rid of them, but if I can't make a deal then it's not the end of the world.

Yes this is clever scam more advanced
1) price is more or less real
2) He even have stock pics look real
3) offer couple units escrow
4) Gain little bit trust take big chunk and run away Cheesy
@ OP you didn't answer why you sell in first place why order from bitmain and then sell immediately at loss? You didn't think about hosting solution before order

I'm selling them because I would rather sell them then host them. Of course I thought about hosting. I said here on this thread yesterday that if I didn't sell them I would just host them, no big deal, I would just rather sell them is all.
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:48:17 PM

But if you would rather sell them than host them, why buy them in the first place only to sell at a loss?

I friend I trust has offered me a S9 with PSU he just got from Bitmain this week, for 0.16 BTC, which is $1,504 right now.  My existing S9's are struggling to make $10 right now before power, and if difficulty continues at the current trajectory and BTC price remains around $9,400, it's game over by October, at which point I will have only earned back about $750.  So the future is looking pretty bleak right now unless BTC starting picking up again, AND difficulty stays in check.

cryptoenthusiast3 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:11:44 PM

But if you would rather sell them than host them, why buy them in the first place only to sell at a loss?

I friend I trust has offered me a S9 with PSU he just got from Bitmain this week, for 0.16 BTC, which is $1,504 right now.  My existing S9's are struggling to make $10 right now before power, and if difficulty continues at the current trajectory and BTC price remains around $9,400, it's game over by October, at which point I will have only earned back about $750.  So the future is looking pretty bleak right now unless BTC starting picking up again, AND difficulty stays in check.

Unfortunately I didn't have the ability to look into the future months down the road and see how little they would be going for now.

Everything pictured still available.
cryptoenthusiast3 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:32:31 PM

Everything still available.

Mark Baum

Activity: 51
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:54:26 PM

You're either one of the dumbest, stunned twits around or you're a tenacious scammer. Tell us which one. NO ONE IS SENDING YOU 30K $ UPFRONT WITH NO IDENTITY OR ESCROW. Beat it. Stop wasting people's time.
cryptoenthusiast3 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:03:52 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2018, 05:08:35 PM by cryptoenthusiast3

You're either one of the dumbest, stunned twits around or you're a tenacious scammer. Tell us which one. NO ONE IS SENDING YOU 30K $ UPFRONT WITH NO IDENTITY OR ESCROW. Beat it. Stop wasting people's time.

I'm not wasting anyone's time, and I'm not forcing people to click on my thread. I also said I would use escrow initially, so really I'm not asking anyone to send that much money upfront without escrow or without any confidence. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: