Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:08:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 18x S9's and 16x L3+'s w/ Power Supplies  (Read 698 times)
Hairynipples

Activity: 362
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:14:29 PM

Your thread is littered with red flags. You are not comfortable with everything! You don’t want to meet up, claiming you wouldn’t be comfortable meeting someone in person? Are you serious? If you want to scam, scam properly. You want coins sent upfront and if buyers are not comfortable with that, they shouldn’t bother messaging you?

You want 4.5 BTC the quick and easy way. Anonymously too, given you don’t want anyone meeting up and identifying you.

Everyone, use escrow and insist on it. If he refuses, let him sit on his nonexistent S9s. Don’t be gullible and naive. Not everything shown to you represents conclusive and reliable evidence. I don’t mine and have absolutely no idea how mining works or where to buy these miners but if I desperately wanted 4.5 BTC I could quickly pretend I have the goods:

You say you're in the US but the timezone in your profile doesn't match up with the current time in America.

It is exactly the same timezone as these accounts, all of which are involved in scam exchanges/autobuy links and buying and selling antminers:

djeezer12     https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1137488
acaua      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1187489
jmScripting https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1497572
$@to$h! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1183184
mts9miner  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1909479
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoenthusiast3 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:26:36 PM

Your thread is littered with red flags. You are not comfortable with everything! You don’t want to meet up, claiming you wouldn’t be comfortable meeting someone in person? Are you serious? If you want to scam, scam properly. You want coins sent upfront and if buyers are not comfortable with that, they shouldn’t bother messaging you?

You want 4.5 BTC the quick and easy way. Anonymously too, given you don’t want anyone meeting up and identifying you.

Everyone, use escrow and insist on it. If he refuses, let him sit on his nonexistent S9s. Don’t be gullible and naive. Not everything shown to you represents conclusive and reliable evidence. I don’t mine and have absolutely no idea how mining works or where to buy these miners but if I desperately wanted 4.5 BTC I could quickly pretend I have the goods:

You say you're in the US but the timezone in your profile doesn't match up with the current time in America.

It is exactly the same timezone as these accounts, all of which are involved in scam exchanges/autobuy links and buying and selling antminers:

djeezer12     https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1137488
acaua      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1187489
jmScripting https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1497572
$@to$h! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1183184
mts9miner  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1909479

Don't know what to say, it's the timezone that my account was given by default, haven't gone in and set it to be accurate. I'm sure I could just as easily come up with a list of scammers whos timezones are in the US.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:17:07 AM

I am seriously tempted by this block of miners but not at those prices and NOT a chance without Escrow. That's how we've done deals in here over and over. Never a problem. Honestly, if you don't like that you should just delete the thread and move on. You're being beyond reasonable. Well beyond...

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
cryptoenthusiast3 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:24:57 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 01:56:05 AM by cryptoenthusiast3

I am seriously tempted by this block of miners but not at those prices and NOT a chance without Escrow. That's how we've done deals in here over and over. Never a problem. Honestly, if you don't like that you should just delete the thread and move on. You're being beyond reasonable. Well beyond...

I'd be happy to work with you and wiggle a little bit on my prices, but I'm not reflecting the prices of my machines based on short term market swings. I'd be willing to negotiate the price if it meant getting them all sold though of course. Also like I said I'm new to this forum, I don't know if deals have been done with "never a problem", you could tell me one thing just as much as someone else could tell me another thing, it doesn't mean I'm being beyond reasonable, it's just how I do business. And like I said before, I'd be willing to escrow the first couple of machines to prove to you that I of course am in possession of what I claim I'm in possession of, and that I'm of course selling what I claim to be selling, but beyond that I'm not sending all my machines to the buyer without the buyer sending me the payment. No hard feelings either way, but I don't feel that just because I want to do business different I should have to delete my thread and move on. I'm willing to be as reasonable as I can be.
BenRickert

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:55:42 PM

Here's the deal. BTC/S9 profitability is $6.00 after electricity. Not so coincidentally, LTC/L3+ is also right at $6.00 per day. I've never bought an ASIC unit that took over 6 months to pay back investment through daily profits. It's just a good rule to live by in this volatile world. Add to that, the Beast Bitmain has flooded the market with stock of the ASIC units. In addition, there is most certainly new technology looming just around the corner. YOU may not be pricing your sales on "market swings" but any halfway astute buyer is. In the 4 days you've been playing this stubborn seller game, you have lost REAL money. By my metric, 3 days ago your units were worth $1,800.00 per. Today that number is $1,080.00. If you want to sell the whole lot, I'll pay you $1,080.00 per set and I will ABSOLUTELY need escrow from a trusted forum member. You're clearly inexperienced in this arena and that does NOT instill confidence.

Or....you can wait a few more days and watch your investment depreciate again, on "short term market swings". I always say, "you cannot impose value on the market, the market imposes value on you." Feel free to use that.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
cryptoenthusiast3 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:15:23 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 02:34:59 PM by cryptoenthusiast3

My units aren't worth $1,080 unless I decide to sell them at $1,080. I would sell them at that price if I thought the price of bitcoin/litecoin was never going to recover, but I don't. I'll wait a few days and maybe they'll continue to depreciate, or maybe they'll start to appreciate, you don't know whats going to happen any more or less than I do. The only way I would ever sell them for $1,080 a piece is if you would be willing to send me the payment upfront, that's the only way I would EVER go that low. I'm not inexperienced in this arena, I'm just not going to sell them at that price unless you make it a good deal for me too. I'm not even playing the "stubborn seller game" either! I said originally that I would be a little flexible with my prices! What I won't be flexible with is how I want to do the deal itself, not the prices. Let me know if you change your mind about escrow if you want to get these units for a steal at $1,080 per unit before the price of bitcoin/litecoin goes back up and these go for twice that. Like I said I'll escrow the first couple of them to show you I have what I have and I'm not messing around.
BenRickert

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:34:37 PM

Best of luck to you. Goodbye.

EricJH801

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:31:40 PM

Why not just escrow them all and specify the buyer pays escrow?  Problem solved.   No one is going to pay you upfront even if you do sell a few of them through escrow first, it's just not a smart move on the buyers part. 

My units aren't worth $1,080 unless I decide to sell them at $1,080. I would sell them at that price if I thought the price of bitcoin/litecoin was never going to recover, but I don't. I'll wait a few days and maybe they'll continue to depreciate, or maybe they'll start to appreciate, you don't know whats going to happen any more or less than I do. The only way I would ever sell them for $1,080 a piece is if you would be willing to send me the payment upfront, that's the only way I would EVER go that low. I'm not inexperienced in this arena, I'm just not going to sell them at that price unless you make it a good deal for me too. I'm not even playing the "stubborn seller game" either! I said originally that I would be a little flexible with my prices! What I won't be flexible with is how I want to do the deal itself, not the prices. Let me know if you change your mind about escrow if you want to get these units for a steal at $1,080 per unit before the price of bitcoin/litecoin goes back up and these go for twice that. Like I said I'll escrow the first couple of them to show you I have what I have and I'm not messing around.
cryptoenthusiast3 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:57:19 PM

Why not just escrow them all and specify the buyer pays escrow?  Problem solved.   No one is going to pay you upfront even if you do sell a few of them through escrow first, it's just not a smart move on the buyers part. 

Because I don't want my miners not in my hands and all that money not in my hands either. Like I said I'm willing to escrow the first couple of miners because the monetary value wouldn't be excessive, and to prove that I have these machines and I want to sell them, but beyond that I wouldn't feel good about it. I'm willing to give a good price to anyone willing to work with me here, so it's not like I'm asking this of the buyer without them getting a good deal out of it too. It is what it is, I'm sure I'll eventually be able to find someone willing to work with me here...
EricJH801

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:02:56 PM

I highly doubt you are going to find anyone here who is going to pay you up front with crypto without escrow even if you sell them a few through escrow first.  Selling someone a few units through escrow proves you have a few units, doesn't prove you are going to send them the rest if they pay you up front.  Trust isn't built after doing escrow for a few units.  What's to stop you from keeping the money and running after you go through the escrow for the first few?   You would be better off just selling a few at a time on here using escrow and not trying to sell them all at once.   

Because I don't want my miners not in my hands and all that money not in my hands either. Like I said I'm willing to escrow the first couple of miners because the monetary value wouldn't be excessive, and to prove that I have these machines and I want to sell them, but beyond that I wouldn't feel good about it. I'm willing to give a good price to anyone willing to work with me here, so it's not like I'm asking this of the buyer without them getting a good deal out of it too. It is what it is, I'm sure I'll eventually be able to find someone willing to work with me here...
cryptoenthusiast3 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:18:39 PM

I highly doubt you are going to find anyone here who is going to pay you up front with crypto without escrow even if you sell them a few through escrow first.  Selling someone a few units through escrow proves you have a few units, doesn't prove you are going to send them the rest if they pay you up front.  Trust isn't built after doing escrow for a few units.  What's to stop you from keeping the money and running after you go through the escrow for the first few?   You would be better off just selling a few at a time on here using escrow and not trying to sell them all at once.   

That's fine, if I don't find a buyer in the next couple of days I'll be finding somewhere to run them instead of selling them, so if anyone wants an extremely good price on hardware while crypto is on the decline, here is your chance.
BenRickert

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:03:53 PM

I sent you a PM. Maybe do this in tranches through escrow, to your comfort level? 10, 10, and 14 or 17 and 17? Just a thought. I made other suggestions in the PM.

janismm88

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:37:16 PM

I think OP try to pull out a scam  Grin Grin Grin
Tactic is little bit advanced and sneaky but if you put puzzle together it's much more likely a scam ...
Even if he have all stock so WHAT!!!! He can just take coins and never ship it.... if he push to make payment for everything without escrow. He deny local pickup ok I understand it can be somehow tricky... but I offered to split it up meet in public place with few miners it's not a big deal... then how cars are sold Huh Nobody ask payment before see car and nobody is afraid to show. BS this not comfortable. Difficult to put in car 1 or 2 miners and come to meet in my place or your chosen??? Total BS!!!
other people offer to meet up for 5000 miners???!!! Why they are comfortable??? Well it's real deal with real price...
janismm88

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:44:43 PM

OP why you order miners if you don't have a place to host them???
BTW of course in USA are plenty datacenters who host miners mentioned in this forum
What is your problem? Why you ordered in first place? To sell for less price??
Doesn't make sense at all...
Thread full of warnings
cryptoenthusiast3 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:47:16 PM

You're not saying anything that others haven't already said, so I'm not going to bother to try and rationalize my every decision to you. If you're not interested, move on. Your English needs some work too.
EricJH801

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:00:13 PM

I don't think he's trying to scam, I just don't think he's comfortable with 30k+ in the hands of an escrow.   These are probably best sold locally when it comes down to it and just meet at the police station or somewhere super public. 

More than likely the OP is going to be keeping them because no one is going to touch the concept he's trying to use to purchase them all.

You're not saying anything that others haven't already said, so I'm not going to bother to try and rationalize my every decision to you. If you're not interested, move on. Your English needs some work too.
BenRickert

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:44:20 AM

I don't think he's trying to scam, I just don't think he's comfortable with 30k+ in the hands of an escrow.   These are probably best sold locally when it comes down to it and just meet at the police station or somewhere super public. 

More than likely the OP is going to be keeping them because no one is going to touch the concept he's trying to use to purchase them all.

I offered that. To no avail. If lump sum in escrow is not comfortable, why not do separate tranches. Smaller lots. 10 10 10 or 5 5 5 5 5 5 etc? Id really like to do this deal but it's just not an acceptable risk by his terms. The risk there is all mine.

BenRickert

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:06:21 AM

After much back and forth with this individual or individuals, based on some inconsistencies in dialogue, it is my strong gut feel that this is a scam. Make your own decisions but I wouldn't touch this situation. Likely a couple of "resellers" that bought a bunch of miners for $2700 plus PSU's from Bitmain and now they're screwed and can't get rid of them. So they cooked up this plan to escrow 1 or 2 machines and then try and get a chunk of money for the rest and run. Rinse and repeat. Beware.

cryptoenthusiast3 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:11:28 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 04:32:31 AM by cryptoenthusiast3

After much back and forth with this individual or individuals, based on some inconsistencies in dialogue, it is my strong gut feel that this is a scam. Make your own decisions but I wouldn't touch this situation. Likely a couple of "resellers" that bought a bunch of miners for $2700 plus PSU's from Bitmain and now they're screwed and can't get rid of them. So they cooked up this plan to escrow 1 or 2 machines and then try and get a chunk of money for the rest and run. Rinse and repeat. Beware.

Inconsistencies such as?

You can draw any conclusion you want, doesn't make any of it factual. I'm not a reseller, I don't have a partner, and I'm not screwed if I can't sell them. I would prefer to get rid of them, but if I can't make a deal then it's not the end of the world.
janismm88

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:50:07 AM

no no he will not meet me in public even with one miner because I will put gun to his head and come to his house to steel remaining miners Lol
Even in biggest central police station he will not meet I'm sure Cheesy because police may be corrupt and they will also put gun to his head Cheesy

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: