Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:46:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Near dollar parity on MtGox  (Read 5305 times)
Ricochet

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2011, 10:56:08 PM

I'm getting a bit scared actually.  While I'm happy to see my initial investment from a month ago increase so much in value, I can't help but think that this is a bubble, given just how quickly it's more than doubled in price.  Ah well, in the end I suppose I didn't buy them as a get-rich-quick scheme so it's not really all that important.  Just would be a shame to have to say "I should have sold when they were worth something."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2011, 11:11:02 PM

Only when most people do NOT think it is a bubble, then prices may correct.
This is the truth behind market sentiment.

As long as so many people here write about bubbles, we are far from a (temporary) peak.
Nothing in principle stops bitcoins to reach 1 $, 10$ 100 $ as long as we see this increasing fund inflow.

Just my tiny pearls of wisdom.

Ricochet

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2011, 11:13:29 PM

I'm getting a bit scared actually.  While I'm happy to see my initial investment from a month ago increase so much in value, I can't help but think that this is a bubble, given just how quickly it's more than doubled in price.  Ah well, in the end I suppose I didn't buy them as a get-rich-quick scheme so it's not really all that important.  Just would be a shame to have to say "I should have sold when they were worth something."

People have been saying bubble back since a bitcoin was worth a penny. If the community and user base keeps growing, this surely isn't a bubble.

If everyone loses interest, you can be sure that values would decline.
Like I said, I'm only concerned because of the sheer speed that it's been rising lately.  If the user base is truly expanding at the same rate, then all is well and my concerns are unfounded.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 07:57:49 PM

$1.00 trade at MtGox! We have touched parity!
Cryptoman (OP)

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 08:39:22 PM

This is epic!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 09, 2011, 08:48:51 PM

You boyz look like you got yourselves a live one ....  Cool

There is massive dam full of fiat currencies stocked up in places like Switzerland, Panama, Cayman Islands, Singapore, etc, that is desperate to be able to move anonymously. If it becomes convinced bitcoin or similar crypto-currencies can do this for it ... well you get the picture, it could easily spell the end of traceable national fiat digital currencies. Wrap you head around what that means for bitcoin values. Anybody have a swiss franc to bitcoin exchange up and running? ...  Wink

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: