Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:28:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining , still worth it?  (Read 7265 times)
yhhy

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:49:17 AM

As I have not tried to calculate the profitability of farms. Payback less than a year did not work in any way. I think this year you should not even think about mining. Unless outbid somebody farm (they should be cheap) and leave it until 2019.

I can ROI in 8-9 months right now even if I sold my mined crypto right away. I don't have to do that due to my personal situation so sometimes, even in a bear market, you can ROI fairly fast. You really just have to think outside of the box and mine other things than what is on whattomine. If you see it there so does everyone else.

Yeah you are so right about this, but it takes time to research what you should mine if you really want to get a faster ROI.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nikifor25

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:09:18 AM

Gone to a spooky loss with 4 1080 ti, the only question that bothers me is whether to keep them at q4 2019 or sell now while they have 70% of the value
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:40:57 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2018, 02:37:20 PM by Piskeante
Merited by Metroid (1)

let's be clear about this.

Today, losses are increasing. Do you think any investor is willing to put money into a market that is collapsing??? Think it twice before answering.

That said, ETH PoS is just 2 months from now. Vitalik has repetedly said he will apply PoS once he gets 100 million coins. That will happen very very soon.

Now, what do you think it's going to happen with all those enormous numbers of GPU's mining ETH at the moment? well....if you are not a moron you may know that people will switch to any profitable coin on the market. As there is not a reference like ETH, people will try any coins, increasing enormously the difficulty of the coin, so almost any coin with profit will see increasing their difficulty. If prices continue like this, i can assure you no coin will be profitable once all those ETH cards begin mining other things.

Moreover you have to consider also a point. As it happens to ETH (which is better on AMD cards), many algos benefit NVIDIA, so if you try MONERO, you will have to overclock your card (unless you want to get less coins), but that will also increase your power consumption. Moreover if at that point you have to put two 8pin connections on your cards like in Sapphire RX 570 and 580 nitro+, which implies making deep changes on your configuration.
overclocking will increase your electricity bill, so at current prices, I think Monero and all coins on cryptonight will be a no go for AMD cards.

That's not considering taxes that governments want to apply. Not considering regulations and laws that would imply other big changes for you.

at the actual point, ETH is not profitable. maybe you can find right now some coins profitable. But once ETH goes PoS, bye bye , because all those alt coins with see their difficulty so increased that will not be profitable at all.

The only solution for ETH PoS and all of you not "main stream miners" is that some coin gets the place of ETH. If that doesn't occur......welll......you know what will happen.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:48:01 AM

This thing is really bad, asics are ruining eth and every other coin, if it was not for asics, eth would have been around $3500 right now.

Today, losses are increasing. Do you think any investor is willing to put money into a market that is collapsing??? Think it twice before answering.
That's not considering taxes that governments want to apply. Not considering regulations and laws that would imply other big changes for you.

The way things are, it does not look it will stop yet cause this asic fear is affecting the whole market, also good point you made saying about taxes and other things, people clearly have no idea when they say a coin is profitable cause they do not write every thing down. They are blind by the lack of understanding as to when a coin is really profitable.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
zabzab

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:58:45 PM

https://forgetop.com/

Profitable Coins - Huge Servers EU / ASIA - Monitoring Service - Adjustable Pool Settings -  24/7 Anon Mining

0% fee
EU / ASIA low ping servers
20 core / 40 th 250G RAM Servers - 0 lag
Anonymous mining
Low payout fees
PPLNT payout scheme
Accurate hashrate reporting
Full stratum support
Efficient mining engine, low orphan rate
Detailed global and per-worker statistics
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:32:23 PM

That said, ETH PoS is just 2 months from now. Vitalik has repetedly said he will apply PoS once he gets 100 million coins. That will happen very very soon.

Now, what do you think it's going to happen with all those enormous numbers of GPU's mining ETH at the moment? well....if you are not a moron you may know that people will switch to any profitable coin on the market. As there is not a reference like ETH, people will try any coins, increasing enormously the difficulty of the coin, so almost any coin with profit will see increasing their difficulty. If prices continue like this, i can assure you no coin will be profitable once all those ETH cards begin mining other things.

Moreover you have to consider also a point. As it happens to ETH (which is better on AMD cards), many algos benefit NVIDIA, so if you try MONERO, you will have to overclock your card (unless you want to get less coins), but that will also increase your power consumption. Moreover if at that point you have to put to 8pin on your cards like in Sapphire RX 570 and 580 nitro+, which implies making deep changes on your configuration.
overclocking will increase your electricity bill, so at current prices, I think Monero and all coins on cryptonight will be a no go for AMD cards.

at the actual point, ETH is not profitable. maybe you can find right now some coins profitable. But once ETH goes PoS, bye bye , because all those alt coins with see their difficulty so increased that will not be profitable at all.

The only solution for ETH PoS and all of you not "main stream miners" is that some coin gets the place of ETH. If that doesn't occur......welll......you know what will happen.
2 months?  😂😂😂 gtfo looney toons
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:37:19 PM

I'm not putting too much faith on these 2 months to pos. I think it will take much longer. They can however do like monero will do, change the algo a bit. The question is if this change of algo will help with it.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
stellaekun

Activity: 234

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:43:06 PM

It is always a good thing to consider what the cost of electricity is in your region before you set out to purchase mining hardware.I personally use old or fairly-used hardware to build my rig in an attempt to bring the cost to a minimum.I usually don't sell my coins immediately.this worked perfectly for me when I mined ETH.Do the maths before you start, it is easy to mine at a loss. To me,it is still ok.
Piskeante

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:46:05 PM

Moreover you have to consider also a point. As it happens to ETH (which is better on AMD cards), many algos benefit NVIDIA, so if you try MONERO, you will have to overclock your card (unless you want to get less coins), but that will also increase your power consumption. Moreover if at that point you have to put to 8pin on your cards like in Sapphire RX 570 and 580 nitro+, which implies making deep changes on your configuration.

Do you know simple maths? just go to this page https://etherscan.io/stat/supply

See a 24hours period and get the amount of coins generated per day. Multiply and........you'll see it by your own. 100 million coins as said to Vitalik will apply PoS

My argument is clear, is valid, and it's possible. Do you actually have an argument to say that what i say is not gonna happen?? Or the gtfo looney toons is actually you?Huh

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Piskeante

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:47:26 PM

I'm not putting too much faith on these 2 months to pos. I think it will take much longer. They can however do like monero will do, change the algo a bit. The question is if this change of algo will help with it.

But Vitalik has not said he will allow more than 100 million coins. This is what he said like 1 year ago, and afaik he hasn't changed his mind, so....believe or not, it's possible to happen. At any time Vitalik can announce it.

MiningPoolGroup

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:38:07 PM

Mine FedoraCoin (TIPS) over at MineFedora.com

Super LOW difficulty and you can trade TIPS/DOGE then DOGE/LTC or DOGE/BTC or whatever...

They are trying to revive FedoraCoin, so it has huge upside.  They just released new roadmaps and website and wallet ect...:

https://www.tipsco.in/

izzy13

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:54:54 PM

I guess it depends on what coins do we mine. I tend to recommend that we also learn about the prospects of the coins first, since the mining is consume high cost on electrical, hardwares, and times.
El Loco

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 05:05:21 PM

It really depends on many factors. Which coin are you mining, with what are you mining if use a toaster or rigs and so on.
Personally I like to mine cheap coins that have a good project behind them to make some good return.
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:56:14 PM

I am thinking to put up rig to start up but find it really difficult to invest now a days. With the blowing price of electricity and GPU add up the maintenance of your rig. If this continues what are the possible result for minning in the years to come? Which brings back to the OPs question is it still worth? Dont get me wrong but  im just thinking long term.

The only answer - it's not a time to start  mining. It's obviously.
Here we discussed  another  question. It is  worth still. Means you already bought a farm and thinking is it worth to continue or not.
Question is much more complicated and the common answer - yep it's hard but still possible. If ya have cheap or better free electricity and a lot of free time.
dimpsk

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:25:21 PM

I guess it depends on what coins do we mine. I tend to recommend that we also learn about the prospects of the coins first, since the mining is consume high cost on electrical, hardwares, and times.

Yes, I am agree with this.
gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:26:22 PM

I am thinking to put up rig to start up but find it really difficult to invest now a days. With the blowing price of electricity and GPU add up the maintenance of your rig. If this continues what are the possible result for minning in the years to come? Which brings back to the OPs question is it still worth? Dont get me wrong but  im just thinking long term.

The only answer - it's not a time to start  mining. It's obviously.
Here we discussed  another  question. It is  worth still. Means you already bought a farm and thinking is it worth to continue or not.
Question is much more complicated and the common answer - yep it's hard but still possible. If ya have cheap or better free electricity and a lot of free time.

If you are less than .08 kw/h and are mining for the future rather than immediate profit then yes it is still worth it.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:05:58 PM

See a 24hours period and get the amount of coins generated per day. Multiply and........you'll see it by your own. 100 million coins as said to Vitalik will apply PoS

My argument is clear, is valid, and it's possible. Do you actually have an argument to say that what i say is not gonna happen?? Or the gtfo looney toons is actually you?Huh
do you know anything about software? They do not eveb have the hybrid pos they have talking about implementing in testnet yet let along their full blown pos solution. Sharding and Lightning network is still in beta

which they NEED for scalability and you think they will pos in two months? The software is open source
you can check the bug notes and milestones for your self , at a minumum they are six months away from hybrid pos/pow

your an idiot just spreading fud so yeah gtfo
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:15:16 PM

emmm... If ETH goes to POS, eth dies with it. And then.. ETC will be the big boss again Smiley Mark my words

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
dimpsk

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:36:03 PM

emmm... If ETH goes to POS, eth dies with it. And then.. ETC will be the big boss again Smiley Mark my words

It could be true, I am agree
Piskeante

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:16:08 PM

2 months?  😂😂😂 gtfo looney toons

do you know anything about software? They do not eveb have the hybrid pos they have talking about implementing in testnet yet let along their full blown pos solution. Sharding and Lightning network is still in beta

which they NEED for scalability and you think they will pos in two months? The software is open source
you can check the bug notes and milestones for your self , at a minumum they are six months away from hybrid pos/pow

your an idiot just spreading fud so yeah gtfo

jajajajaja, ok. so you are telling me that no PoS when ETH gets to 100 million coins. Vitalik has said nothing about HAVING MORE COINS. But you tell me that you know that they have no software to implement PoS, when Vitalik said he only wanted a 100 million coins 1 year ago, time enough to have prepared it.

And then you tell me they will go Hybrid Pos/pow with no f....idea of nothing and you can't asure nothing because noone will believe your baseless ideas. And you tell me that i spread FUD?? jhajajajaja. Your ass should be hot asF.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: