Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:02:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is banking still important in the bitcoin era?  (Read 2226 times)
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:22:02 PM

Financial technologies such as bitcoin, P2P lending and crowdfunding are just beginning to take off, and businesses involved in the industry pose little immediate threat to traditional commercial banks. Banks, after all, the country's economic lifeline, so I think the bank is still very important, do you think?

Banks are still necessary even with the presence of new innovations like cryptocurrencies. Not all people are in cryptocurrencies and even products and services are not all in online business. Banks regulate the issuance of fiat money and the main end of having cryptos is to exchange them in fiat.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiukoOk

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:32:20 PM

They are important to their country, but now banks are also very afraid of credit is gradually losing a large number of customers. If in future Crypto market continues to develop strongly, the bank will gradually collapse.
sampalokmix

Activity: 315
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:43:57 PM

I think yes, regardless of the excess bitcoin
banking is still needed by society in a country anyway. although in the future bitcoin or digital era will be more phenomenal but will not really undermine the banking system. Yes, the state needs banking to manage money and other resources.

Yes of course like for example in our country banks serves a s the connection between the student and the University, they send their payment through the specific banks for them not to personally visit the University ,thats the big help of the Banks to the student and. For us who were involve here, it serves as our way to convert our money, I am bot sure if this is the same with other countries, but in our country if you are going to get a money a  huge amount of money into your local fiat it will be transact in the banks.

zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:44:28 PM

as long as FIAT is still used, the bank will continue to be needed. Unless the FIAT is not used anymore, then it could happen.
genocide

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:59:23 PM

Of course it is very important. What we have is only Bitcoin wallet. We have to have a bank to transfer and withdraw our money from bitcoin. We can not monetize our money with Bitcoin alone unless there is a Bitcoin bank.
Bank has exactly different role in the bitcoin era.
LegendOF45

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:25:41 PM

As long as we can not use bitcoin for transactions directly like cash then we still need banks, but if someday bitcoin can be like ATM or credit card then banks immediately disappear.
jembaba1

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:39:42 PM

I think at first it was 50 bitcoins, but it was reduced by half every four years. They say the last bitcoin will be released in the middle of the XXII century.
Betheng10

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:42:46 PM

Financial technologies such as bitcoin, P2P lending and crowdfunding are just beginning to take off, and businesses involved in the industry pose little immediate threat to traditional commercial banks. Banks, after all, the country's economic lifeline, so I think the bank is still very important, do you think?

No banking will not be that important at that time, but banking is still an essential part of the economy as it regulates the countries currencies and transactions. I don't think banking will be outplayed by bitcoin though.

East2011

Activity: 454

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:48:42 PM

Banking is always important. Because for me putting our money in the banks makes our money more secure. And there are so many people that entrust their money to the banks.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:51:12 PM

Banks are already established, stable and are the globally accepted. Crypto currencies are exactly the opposite of it. But when the time comes that crypto currency, P2P lending and crowdfunding are already established and have a semblance of stability then i guess we can say that banks will become obsolete. We can even say that fiat money could even be obsolete.

SplendidHunter

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:55:14 PM

Banks will always be in trend, becouse they wont give up their money they get from you. Banks knew how to take profit.
Mikejones64

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:24:17 AM

Of course, bank is still very important when it comes to businesses. We are not on bitcoin era yet that we don't need bank anymore. We are still in traditional commercial banking. But we can't avoid the fact that one day, each and everyone of us will have our own wallet similar in a bank, and we might no longer need a traditional bank.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:40:46 AM

Banks are always going to be with us even if bitcoin became the most dominant currency around the world, banks will find a way to adapt to this new environment, in my opinion there are going to try the same trick they did to gold, there are going to argue that starting bitcoin is very risky and that only them can do it for the average person, the average person is going to fall for it and with that the creation of bitcoin banks will be assured.
Hulh

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:53:49 AM

Yes , bank still important in the bitcoin era because  bank will help us in saving and trading in our bitcoin business.  For sure every bank will have a new system or generate a new program that will benefit for us who investes in bitcoin or cryptocurrency.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 03:05:53 AM

Yes as long as we are still using fiat then banks would still be important because we cannot easily transfer to someone especially if it's big amount of money and being secured unless we are using banks. Cheques issued by banks are safer than carrying cash around and all of the products and services can be bought in fiat but bitcoin cannot be use yet in all transactions. However, if time may come when fiat will be eliminated which I think is highly unlikely then banking is not needed anymore as we are only using banks for safekeeping of our fiat currency. We will be our own bank then of our cryptocurrencies.

supergorg27

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:06:55 AM

Yes, I think banking is still important even in the bitcoin era because not all of us understand what bitcoin is, so some of them will still using the banking system because they believe on them.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
danwanyd

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:10:17 AM

Banks are still important because they play an important role in the national economy.

But I think if every bank wants to survive in the digital age, they have to use some kind of encrypted platform that supports transactions.
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:27:32 AM

I still believe that yes, banks still play an important role in Bitcoin era still. Banks still have important functions in the financial industry regardless if there is already the digital currency, it can never erase banks in our lives, they still have the facilities and the authority to help people with saving, depositing, withdrawing, they also still have the responsibility of managing and safekeeping of the countries money. Bitcoin and the entire crypto currency industry is here to improve the financial process for the better and not to get rid off the banks, these financial entities should be working hand in hand in order to help each other thus help the world to have a better financial system and economy.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
Elmughni

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:27:59 AM

I agree with you, I think The banks still play a role as usual. credit lending etc. maybe, I predict the big bank will have a new crypto, I think.
bondali

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:30:58 AM

They are important to their country, but now banks are also very afraid of credit is gradually losing a large number of customers. If in future Crypto market continues to develop strongly, the bank will gradually collapse.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: