Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:05:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy, Sell, or Trade Collectors Silver, Gold, and Bullion  (Read 9344 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:19:18 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 04:43:53 PM by SaltySpitoon

Hello people of BTCTalk. I have been an avid Silver stacker for years, and in the last few years got into the collectors coin market as well. I have a wide network of other collectors that I frequently buy/sell/trade with, and I figured I'd open up that market to you. Please note, spot price has very little to do with some of these coins. Some of them are semi collectable, and have lower premiums, some have low mintage numbers, pretty pictures, and are specially treated making them more valuable to collectors. I will also have lower premium generics and eagles and such from time to time. Before posting prices, I have price checked with other online retailers, and then undercut them to provide incentive to buy from myself, rather than them. This thread is self moderated, this is mainly to handle people complaining about spot prices, and to keep the thread on topic. If you are looking for something in particularly, pm me and I'll see if I can find it for you and give you a quote.

I accept BTC, LTC, or USD via Cash in the Mail, or Personal Check. Shipping within the U.S is the most convient, however I can ship out of the country. I'm also always looking to buy or trade, so if you have something interesting for sale, or you want to barter, let me know.

Graded and Slabbed coins:

(4)  2013 MS69 Silver Panda  

Brilliant Uncirculated In Airtites:

(4) 2011 Proof gilded New Zealand Pacific Swordfish     Comes in Special Display case from the NZ Mint.

(13)  2000 Norfed $10 Liberty Dollar     - Two of them have slight toning

(17) 2011 Fiji Taku Turtles  

(2) 2013 Armenia Noah's Ark  

(3) 2014 Somalia Elephant  

(3) 2013 Somalia Elephant  

(1) 1999 Perth Year of the Rabbit  

(1) 2003 Perth Year of the Goat  

(2) 2012 Perth Year of the Dragon    - One is in an Airtite, and other is in a flip

(1) 2008 Perth Year of the Mouse  

(1) 2010 Perth Year of the Tiger  

Gold Coins:

(1) 1/10th Oz 2013 Perth Snake  

(1) 1/10th Oz 2013 Australian Kangaroo  

Bullion:

(20) 2013 Silver Eagles
20 Count Roll Price    

(1) Case of 10 1 Oz NorthWestTerritory Mint .45 Caliber Silver Bullets  

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 06:32:32 PM

Hi
im from uk- do u ship and what the postage cost for 20 1oz silver bullion?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:49:06 PM

Hi
im from uk- do u ship and what the postage cost for 20 1oz silver bullion?

I can ship to the UK, shipping in a small flate rate box would be $24    but I'll be experimenting with different shipping options to find out the best way to get cost down.

Also be aware that you may be charged by customs depending on your country's importation of precious metals taxes.

On a side note, I'm taking the pictures now.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:05:35 PM

Pictures added. If you are interested in any, pm me or ask in thread. If there is something that you are looking for that I don't have, let me know and I'll give you a quote.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:42:59 PM

International shipping cost?  Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:46:56 PM

International shipping cost?  Smiley

To what country?
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:39:11 PM

I quite like the look of the rabbit coin. Im no expert on silver coins so just curious as to why its priced a bit more than the rest?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:49:00 PM

I quite like the look of the rabbit coin. Im no expert on silver coins so just curious as to why its priced a bit more than the rest?

The Rabbit is from the Perth Mint, which is one of the most highly collected mints. Its part of the first Lunar Series issued by them, where they issue a different animal for each year of the Zodiac Calendar. With low mintage numbers in the first place (63,644) It was minted in 1999 and that specific coin will never be reminted, however they have continued on with the lunar series with series two. So when people see a really cool looking coin they want from the Lunar series, they begin collecting the lot of them, and then they begin collecting the older series of them too.

I had a Lunar Rabbit from series two, however my sister took it  Sad (with my permission) but because they are attractive coins, have a low mintage from a highly sought after mint the Perth Lunar Series tends to hold a high premium.
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:17:07 PM

This is like a who's who of silver rounds I covet. Great stuff.

That Britannia looks to be in good shape, the quality of those have been spotty this year. I predict good looking 2013 Britannias will fetch a nice price in the future.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 05:47:58 PM

Your 2000 (Type 6) Liberty Dollar is one of the early "Small E" pieces.
I can offer you a collector's special of a trade for a 1999 (type 3), or alternatively one each Bitcoin Specie and New Liberty Dollar proof strike?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:42:08 PM

This is like a who's who of silver rounds I covet. Great stuff.

That Britannia looks to be in good shape, the quality of those have been spotty this year. I predict good looking 2013 Britannias will fetch a nice price in the future.

2013 is actually the first year that Britannias are .999 Silver. Before 2013, they have been .958 (Britannia) silver. All of my coins are in Brilliant Uncirculated shape, unless otherwise mentioned. The Britannias are straight from the roll and placed into airtites using gloves.

Your 2000 (Type 6) Liberty Dollar is one of the early "Small E" pieces.
I can offer you a collector's special of a trade for a 1999 (type 3), or alternatively one each Bitcoin Specie and New Liberty Dollar proof strike?

I love trading, pmed.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:16:46 AM

Would people be interested in seeing some of these go up for auction on Bitmit? Debating whether or not I should get into the Bitmit scene.
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 01:34:54 AM

Would people be interested in seeing some of these go up for auction on Bitmit? Debating whether or not I should get into the Bitmit scene.

Yes!  Please put up the Brit and an LD or two so I can "buy it now!"

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:55:02 AM

Heh, the buy it now prices would be the ones listed in the thread, but on Bitmit you might have a chance to score some silver for a few bitcents off.

I appreciate the enthusiasm/feedback though.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:30:29 AM

Added a Norfed Liberty Dollar to Bitmit, https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/70920-2000-norfed-liberty-dollar-in-airtite

I will add more by request, or if people seem generally interested in Bitmit listings as well.
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2215
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:58:31 AM

you would probably get more interest offering international shipping, nice coins btw especially like the lunars.

space for rent, shilling for sats
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:34:02 PM

you would probably get more interest offering international shipping, nice coins btw especially like the lunars.

Shipping companies are very iffy when it comes to International shipping and precious metals. I don't always do insurance on small purchases, unless the buy requests it, however on large ones, I'm very adamant on Insuring the package which I factor into the shipping cost. I found out through experience the difficulties of USPS/Fedex/UPS , with a buyer who intended on purchasing everything internationally. The first issue, is what company would insure a $6,000 package. Most do, but I then found stipulations saying shipping internationally for more than $650 is quite steep. We then decided to ship in multiple packages valued at around $1000 each, and was told I couldn't insure a package containing more than 50% of a precious metal, and so on and so on.

So as I said in my OP, "Shipping to the U.S only, with small sales possible out of the country" If someone wants a coin or two, I can ship it out of the U.S, but its not likely I'll be able to insure it.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:02:13 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 07:09:14 PM by SaltySpitoon

Updated quantities

Don't forget to check for auctions, some of these coins will probably go for a steal before people are actively checking.

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/70920-2000-norfed-liberty-dollar-in-airtite
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2215
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:35:07 AM

Updated quantities

Don't forget to check for auctions, some of these coins will probably go for a steal before people are actively checking.

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/70920-2000-norfed-liberty-dollar-in-airtite

i will bid if you add international shipping as you said for single items.

space for rent, shilling for sats
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 03:36:09 PM

i will bid if you add international shipping as you said for single items.

I just shipped a few coins to the UK, so I'm waiting to see how that goes. I don't imagine it would be an issue, but first, I can't insure international packages, and second, if I ship more than $400 worth of coins, I have to fill out additional customs forms which means you have to pay import taxes. At under $400, you may or may not have to pay import taxes. I do everything I can to try and get you out of those taxes, without lying.

I declare packages as gifts of Collector's Coins at approximate value. I'm not going to commit mail fraud by declaring an unreasonable lesser value ($55 item declared as $50 or something is fine), or improper description, however Collectors Coins are far less likely to be taxed than, Silver Coins. So I'm hoping that with that my current buyer wont have an issue. I also package them in the most difficult to open way, so hopefully it disuades any unreasonably gungho customs workers

If you want, I can ship a few coins internationally as I said I would, just be aware. That first, when I send any package internationally, they require an email address and phone number. I don't require a real email address or phone number, but what that probably means, is that if your package gets held up in customs and they want you to come pick it up, thats how they will contact you. Second, I can't insure the packages, and Third, all I can guarentee is that they will go out on my end, even the USPS wont take responsibility for things after they have gone internationally (hence why they wont insure).

Also on a side note, keep in mind, that Germany and Australia are the most difficult countries to import silver into (Germany not so much from the EU) but from abroad. They are incredibly strict on their precious metal importation laws, so its difficult to get anything besides old collectors coins in. Luckily, I do label the packages as collectors coins, however please take precaution in ordering from me if you are in Australia or Germany. Like I said, I'll do my best, but I can't really change your country of origin's importation rules.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: