Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:17:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy, Sell, or Trade Collectors Silver, Gold, and Bullion  (Read 9344 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:19:18 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 04:43:53 PM by SaltySpitoon

Hello people of BTCTalk. I have been an avid Silver stacker for years, and in the last few years got into the collectors coin market as well. I have a wide network of other collectors that I frequently buy/sell/trade with, and I figured I'd open up that market to you. Please note, spot price has very little to do with some of these coins. Some of them are semi collectable, and have lower premiums, some have low mintage numbers, pretty pictures, and are specially treated making them more valuable to collectors. I will also have lower premium generics and eagles and such from time to time. Before posting prices, I have price checked with other online retailers, and then undercut them to provide incentive to buy from myself, rather than them. This thread is self moderated, this is mainly to handle people complaining about spot prices, and to keep the thread on topic. If you are looking for something in particularly, pm me and I'll see if I can find it for you and give you a quote.

I accept BTC, LTC, or USD via Cash in the Mail, or Personal Check. Shipping within the U.S is the most convient, however I can ship out of the country. I'm also always looking to buy or trade, so if you have something interesting for sale, or you want to barter, let me know.

Graded and Slabbed coins:

(4)  2013 MS69 Silver Panda  

Brilliant Uncirculated In Airtites:

(4) 2011 Proof gilded New Zealand Pacific Swordfish     Comes in Special Display case from the NZ Mint.

(13)  2000 Norfed $10 Liberty Dollar     - Two of them have slight toning

(17) 2011 Fiji Taku Turtles  

(2) 2013 Armenia Noah's Ark  

(3) 2014 Somalia Elephant  

(3) 2013 Somalia Elephant  

(1) 1999 Perth Year of the Rabbit  

(1) 2003 Perth Year of the Goat  

(2) 2012 Perth Year of the Dragon    - One is in an Airtite, and other is in a flip

(1) 2008 Perth Year of the Mouse  

(1) 2010 Perth Year of the Tiger  

Gold Coins:

(1) 1/10th Oz 2013 Perth Snake  

(1) 1/10th Oz 2013 Australian Kangaroo  

Bullion:

(20) 2013 Silver Eagles
20 Count Roll Price    

(1) Case of 10 1 Oz NorthWestTerritory Mint .45 Caliber Silver Bullets  

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 06:32:32 PM

Hi
im from uk- do u ship and what the postage cost for 20 1oz silver bullion?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:49:06 PM

Hi
im from uk- do u ship and what the postage cost for 20 1oz silver bullion?

I can ship to the UK, shipping in a small flate rate box would be $24    but I'll be experimenting with different shipping options to find out the best way to get cost down.

Also be aware that you may be charged by customs depending on your country's importation of precious metals taxes.

On a side note, I'm taking the pictures now.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:05:35 PM

Pictures added. If you are interested in any, pm me or ask in thread. If there is something that you are looking for that I don't have, let me know and I'll give you a quote.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:42:59 PM

International shipping cost?  Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:46:56 PM

International shipping cost?  Smiley

To what country?
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:39:11 PM

I quite like the look of the rabbit coin. Im no expert on silver coins so just curious as to why its priced a bit more than the rest?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:49:00 PM

I quite like the look of the rabbit coin. Im no expert on silver coins so just curious as to why its priced a bit more than the rest?

The Rabbit is from the Perth Mint, which is one of the most highly collected mints. Its part of the first Lunar Series issued by them, where they issue a different animal for each year of the Zodiac Calendar. With low mintage numbers in the first place (63,644) It was minted in 1999 and that specific coin will never be reminted, however they have continued on with the lunar series with series two. So when people see a really cool looking coin they want from the Lunar series, they begin collecting the lot of them, and then they begin collecting the older series of them too.

I had a Lunar Rabbit from series two, however my sister took it  Sad (with my permission) but because they are attractive coins, have a low mintage from a highly sought after mint the Perth Lunar Series tends to hold a high premium.
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:17:07 PM

This is like a who's who of silver rounds I covet. Great stuff.

That Britannia looks to be in good shape, the quality of those have been spotty this year. I predict good looking 2013 Britannias will fetch a nice price in the future.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 05:47:58 PM

Your 2000 (Type 6) Liberty Dollar is one of the early "Small E" pieces.
I can offer you a collector's special of a trade for a 1999 (type 3), or alternatively one each Bitcoin Specie and New Liberty Dollar proof strike?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:42:08 PM

This is like a who's who of silver rounds I covet. Great stuff.

That Britannia looks to be in good shape, the quality of those have been spotty this year. I predict good looking 2013 Britannias will fetch a nice price in the future.

2013 is actually the first year that Britannias are .999 Silver. Before 2013, they have been .958 (Britannia) silver. All of my coins are in Brilliant Uncirculated shape, unless otherwise mentioned. The Britannias are straight from the roll and placed into airtites using gloves.

Your 2000 (Type 6) Liberty Dollar is one of the early "Small E" pieces.
I can offer you a collector's special of a trade for a 1999 (type 3), or alternatively one each Bitcoin Specie and New Liberty Dollar proof strike?

I love trading, pmed.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:16:46 AM

Would people be interested in seeing some of these go up for auction on Bitmit? Debating whether or not I should get into the Bitmit scene.
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 01:34:54 AM

Would people be interested in seeing some of these go up for auction on Bitmit? Debating whether or not I should get into the Bitmit scene.

Yes!  Please put up the Brit and an LD or two so I can "buy it now!"

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:55:02 AM

Heh, the buy it now prices would be the ones listed in the thread, but on Bitmit you might have a chance to score some silver for a few bitcents off.

I appreciate the enthusiasm/feedback though.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:30:29 AM

Added a Norfed Liberty Dollar to Bitmit, https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/70920-2000-norfed-liberty-dollar-in-airtite

I will add more by request, or if people seem generally interested in Bitmit listings as well.
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2215
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:58:31 AM

you would probably get more interest offering international shipping, nice coins btw especially like the lunars.

space for rent, shilling for sats
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:34:02 PM

you would probably get more interest offering international shipping, nice coins btw especially like the lunars.

Shipping companies are very iffy when it comes to International shipping and precious metals. I don't always do insurance on small purchases, unless the buy requests it, however on large ones, I'm very adamant on Insuring the package which I factor into the shipping cost. I found out through experience the difficulties of USPS/Fedex/UPS , with a buyer who intended on purchasing everything internationally. The first issue, is what company would insure a $6,000 package. Most do, but I then found stipulations saying shipping internationally for more than $650 is quite steep. We then decided to ship in multiple packages valued at around $1000 each, and was told I couldn't insure a package containing more than 50% of a precious metal, and so on and so on.

So as I said in my OP, "Shipping to the U.S only, with small sales possible out of the country" If someone wants a coin or two, I can ship it out of the U.S, but its not likely I'll be able to insure it.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:02:13 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 07:09:14 PM by SaltySpitoon

Updated quantities

Don't forget to check for auctions, some of these coins will probably go for a steal before people are actively checking.

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/70920-2000-norfed-liberty-dollar-in-airtite
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2215
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:35:07 AM

Updated quantities

Don't forget to check for auctions, some of these coins will probably go for a steal before people are actively checking.

i will bid if you add international shipping as you said for single items.

space for rent, shilling for sats
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 03:36:09 PM

i will bid if you add international shipping as you said for single items.

I just shipped a few coins to the UK, so I'm waiting to see how that goes. I don't imagine it would be an issue, but first, I can't insure international packages, and second, if I ship more than $400 worth of coins, I have to fill out additional customs forms which means you have to pay import taxes. At under $400, you may or may not have to pay import taxes. I do everything I can to try and get you out of those taxes, without lying.

I declare packages as gifts of Collector's Coins at approximate value. I'm not going to commit mail fraud by declaring an unreasonable lesser value ($55 item declared as $50 or something is fine), or improper description, however Collectors Coins are far less likely to be taxed than, Silver Coins. So I'm hoping that with that my current buyer wont have an issue. I also package them in the most difficult to open way, so hopefully it disuades any unreasonably gungho customs workers

If you want, I can ship a few coins internationally as I said I would, just be aware. That first, when I send any package internationally, they require an email address and phone number. I don't require a real email address or phone number, but what that probably means, is that if your package gets held up in customs and they want you to come pick it up, thats how they will contact you. Second, I can't insure the packages, and Third, all I can guarentee is that they will go out on my end, even the USPS wont take responsibility for things after they have gone internationally (hence why they wont insure).

Also on a side note, keep in mind, that Germany and Australia are the most difficult countries to import silver into (Germany not so much from the EU) but from abroad. They are incredibly strict on their precious metal importation laws, so its difficult to get anything besides old collectors coins in. Luckily, I do label the packages as collectors coins, however please take precaution in ordering from me if you are in Australia or Germany. Like I said, I'll do my best, but I can't really change your country of origin's importation rules.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:52:49 PM

Just a few hours left on the Norfed Auction. At the current bid, I'm losing about $8.50 if no one decides to bid higher. Good for you, bad for me  Undecided 

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 10:42:46 PM

Just a few hours left on the Norfed Auction. At the current bid, I'm losing about $8.50 if no one decides to bid higher. Good for you, bad for me  Undecided 

You might hang on to these...  I am expecting some news that is going to make their value soar.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 04:16:26 AM

You might hang on to these...  I am expecting some news that is going to make their value soar.

Very neat, thanks, I'd be interested to hear whats going on if it isn't a hush hush type of thing.

Someone got a steal, winning the auction at 0.2298 BTC.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 02:35:54 AM

Very neat, thanks, I'd be interested to hear whats going on if it isn't a hush hush type of thing.

Someone got a steal, winning the auction at 0.2298 BTC.

Its been more than two and a half years since the trial, with no sentence.  The prosecution was defective, they didn't prove, much less allege, all the elements of any crime, but they rested their case and still got a guilty verdict from the jury.  Juries are unpredictable that way.
Justice dictates that there be no sentence and the verdict be overturned, the question is how.  Something is amiss, either the jury (likely), the ineffective government supplied defense counsel for not requesting the right jury... or something.
No court want's to be appealed and overturned, so it is likely to happen at the lower court.  When it does, it will resolve many questions regarding these pieces of historic consequence.

But yes that is a steal, if only I didn't have house guests and could have attended.  Wow.. that price. Smiley

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:06:53 PM

Updated quantities, will restock popular coins shortly. Remember, if there is anything in particular you are looking for, let me know, and I'll make some calls, and send you a quote.
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:53:52 PM

Made a purchase and received tracking info already. I will update on arrival.

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:39:43 PM

Added a few more items, out of stock items to be restocked (based on availability) shortly. Picked up a special treat for the die hard coin collectors the other day, and will have that listed in the next few days.
ekiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:00:28 PM

Hello people of BTCTalk. I have been an avid Silver stacker for years, and in the last few years got into the collectors coin market as well. I have a wide network of other collectors that I frequently buy/sell/trade with, and I figured I'd open up that market to you. Please note, spot price has very little to do with some of these coins. Some of them are semi collectable, and have lower premiums, some have low mintage numbers, pretty pictures, and are specially treated making them more valuable to collectors. I will also have lower premium generics and eagles and such from time to time. Before posting prices, I have price checked with other online retailers, and then undercut them to provide incentive to buy from myself, rather than them. This thread is self moderated, this is mainly to handle people complaining about spot prices, and to keep the thread on topic. If you are looking for something in particularly, pm me and I'll see if I can find it for you and give you a quote.

I accept BTC, LTC, or USD. Shipping to the U.S only, with small sales possible out of the country, however I've found that shipping services aren't a fan of shipping precious metals out of the country. I'm also always looking to buy or trade, so if you have something interesting for sale, or you want to barter, let me know.

Graded and Slabbed coins:

(10) 2005 MS69 Silver Eagle  

(1)  2011 25th Aniversary NGC MS69 Silver Eagle  

(1)  1995 Proof MS69 Silver Eagle  

(1)  2013 Enhanced Finish MS69 Silver Eagle  

(0)  2013 Tokelau MS70 Year of the Snake     SOLD OUT

(1)  2012 Tuvalu MS69 Mayflower UC    

(0)  2013 Perth MS69 Year of the Snake   SOLD OUT

(0)  2013 MS70 Silver Panda   SOLD OUT

Brilliant Uncirculated In Airtites:

(16)  2000 Norfed $10 Liberty Dollar     - Two of them have slight toning

(18) 2011 Fiji Taku Turtles  

(4) 2013 Mexican Libertads   
Photo to be added

(0) 2013 British Britannia   SOLD OUT

(1) 2013 1.5 Oz Candian Polar Bear  

(4) 2013 Armenia Noah's Ark  

(4) 2014 Somalia Elephant  

(4) 2013 Somalia Elephant  

(0) 2014 Australian Kookaburra   SOLD OUT

(0) 1999 Perth Year of the Rabbit   SOLD OUT

(1) 2003 Perth Year of the Goat  

(2) 2012 Perth Year of the Dragon    - One is in an Airtite, and other is in a flip

(1) 2008 Perth Year of the Mouse  

(1) 2010 Perth Year of the Tiger  

(1) 2013 Rwanda Cheetah  

Gold Coins:

(1) 1/10th Oz 2013 Perth Snake  

(1) 1/10th Oz 2013 Australian Kangaroo  

Bullion:

(2) Roll of 20 OPM 1Oz silver rounds.

(1) Roll of 2013 Silver Eagles

(1) Case of 10 1 Oz NorthWestTerritory Mint .45 Caliber Silver Bullets   

(3) 2013 Mexican Libertad in Air Tite with Milk Spots   

Who wants gold and silver given their downward sloping graphs?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:15:55 PM

Gold and Silver, even when down are still wildly popular investments. They are one of the only fairly well guarenteed investments. While Precious metals may not have the dramatic shifts up and down like Bitcoin has, If you buy gold or silver, it is almost guarenteed that your investment will at the very least keep up with inflation. So when the US Dollar is junk, Bitcoins are dead (A very real possibility) and you are holding Silver and Gold, you wont be totally screwed like if you were holding solely USD or Bitcoin.

Fiat, the US Dollar in particular has been on a downtrend for the last 80 years. Bitcoin has had a rediculous growth in the last 5 years, but it really hasn't been a thing long enough for people to know in what direction its going. And Gold and Silver have been a fairly stable form of currency or investment for over 3,000 years. Why not diversify?
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 06:37:03 PM

Gold and Silver, even when down are still wildly popular investments. They are one of the only fairly well guarenteed investments. While Precious metals may not have the dramatic shifts up and down like Bitcoin has, If you buy gold or silver, it is almost guarenteed that your investment will at the very least keep up with inflation. So when the US Dollar is junk, Bitcoins are dead (A very real possibility) and you are holding Silver and Gold, you wont be totally screwed like if you were holding solely USD or Bitcoin.

Fiat, the US Dollar in particular has been on a downtrend for the last 80 years. Bitcoin has had a rediculous growth in the last 5 years, but it really hasn't been a thing long enough for people to know in what direction its going. And Gold and Silver have been a fairly stable form of currency or investment for over 3,000 years. Why not diversify?

Well aside from the precious metal content, some of these are very sought after by collectors.

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:22:28 PM

Well aside from the precious metal content, some of these are very sought after by collectors.

Heh, true. I was directly responding to the question, "Who wants gold and silver given their downward sloping graphs?" But very true, the majority of the pieces that I offer for sale are influenced by the collectors market.
ptereh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:09:46 PM

You have 3 Libertads in stock, am I right?
How much for one 2013 Mexican Libertad in Air Tite with Milk Spots including shipping to EU?
How much for al three Libertads including shipping to EU?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 06:54:34 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 07:10:24 PM by SaltySpitoon

You have 3 Libertads in stock, am I right?
How much for one 2013 Mexican Libertad in Air Tite with Milk Spots including shipping to EU?
How much for al three Libertads including shipping to EU?

pmed
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:28:00 AM

Just added a coin which I love dearly, and would not be sad in the least to see it not sell. After a few months of searching, I found a MS70 Proof 2012 Tuvalu Flying Dutchmen. With a mintage number of 3,000 which sold out within weeks of their release in 2012, finding a MS70 one has not only been a chore, but has been against the odds in every way. Getting a grade of MS70 from NGC is a fluke. In order to recieve that grade, the coin has to be absolutely flawless, something that is not often found even with coins straight from the mint. Sometimes being a one in many thousands odds depending on what mint it is coming from. Although I don't know for certain, but based on past trends, I would venture to guess that there are not more than 30 of the MS70 Flying Dutchmans.

For those that don't want to spend quite that much on a coin, I'm planning on heading to a coin show fairly soon, so hopefully I snag some neat coins at a good price.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:11:19 PM

Added 2013 MS69 Silver Pandas, and 5 Oz Silver Scottsdale bars.
djjacket

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:46:49 PM

Just added a coin which I love dearly, and would not be sad in the least to see it not sell. After a few months of searching, I found a MS70 Proof 2012 Tuvalu Flying Dutchmen. With a mintage number of 3,000 which sold out within weeks of their release in 2012, finding a MS70 one has not only been a chore, but has been against the odds in every way. Getting a grade of MS70 from NGC is a fluke. In order to recieve that grade, the coin has to be absolutely flawless, something that is not often found even with coins straight from the mint. Sometimes being a one in many thousands odds depending on what mint it is coming from. Although I don't know for certain, but based on past trends, I would venture to guess that there are not more than 30 of the MS70 Flying Dutchmans.

For those that don't want to spend quite that much on a coin, I'm planning on heading to a coin show fairly soon, so hopefully I snag some neat coins at a good price.

Looks like there is one on ebay at the moment for $150.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Tuvalu-1-Oz-Silver-The-Flying-Dutchman-1-NGC-PF70-UC-ER-SKU29429-/131015238286?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item1e811de28e
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:59:03 PM

Thanks so much Smiley Just bought myself another. Guess I'll hang onto mine until the guy is done selling his. I've seen maybe four Dutchmans since their release in 2012, one being on Ebay for $450, but that was way outside my price range.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 08:44:09 PM

Thanks so much Smiley Just bought myself another. Guess I'll hang onto mine until the guy is done selling his. I've seen maybe four Dutchmans since their release in 2012, one being on Ebay for $450, but that was way outside my price range.

Nice catch.  I am going to have to watch your thread more carefully!  Folks are feeding you the deals.

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:33:33 AM

Nice catch.  I am going to have to watch your thread more carefully!  Folks are feeding you the deals.

Heh, yeah. Once I have a bit more capital flowing in and out, I'll be able to start offering more rare and harder to find/sell coins. As it is now though, I don't have the extra cash to buy a $500 coin that may or may not sit around for a few months. I do a lot of trades and purchases, so be sure to check in fairly often, as I never know what I'm going to have in stock.  Wink
djjacket

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:07:27 PM

Glad I could help you source another  Grin  Not a collector in silver bullion, but I thought I would pass along what I had found when looking around for info on that one.  I prefer older pre64 US coinage to the newly minted slabbed coins.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:10:06 PM

Glad I could help you source another  Grin  Not a collector in silver bullion, but I thought I would pass along what I had found when looking around for info on that one.  I prefer older pre64 US coinage to the newly minted slabbed coins.

I like old coinage as well, but thats one of those things you can spend a few hundred dollars on, and not have it sell for a few months. I'll start carrying some and see how it goes from there.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:39:06 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 12:56:04 AM by SaltySpitoon

Updated shipping policies: Now shipping out of the U.S with caution

Updated Payment Options: Personal Check and Cash added.
BigBitz

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:27:08 PM

My order arrived. Excellently packaged and only took ~5 days from US to Europe.

Thanks again bud! Trust left.

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:27:32 PM

Thank you very much, enjoy.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:32:57 AM

My Bitcoin price tickers seem to be on the fritz, so they are no longer displaying prices in Bitcoins. If you have any questions about pricing, or any questions at all for that matter, please pm me.

Also, I've had a few European customers receive their packages. Shipping to Europe tends to take around 5-7 days.
tim-tams

Activity: 479
Merit: 252

You, Me, and BTC: *Your* Liberty & Bitcoin Podcast

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 03:49:51 AM

How did you manage shipping from US to Europe? The cheapest way I've found is USPS flat rate. Also, what did you list on the customs forms?

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:22:44 AM

How did you manage shipping from US to Europe? The cheapest way I've found is USPS flat rate. Also, what did you list on the customs forms?

First Class Mail in a well protected padded mailer and some of the larger orders in small boxes (6x6x6). Always be sure to tape the hell out of the openings of the boxes, as a lot of customs workers don't care all that much, however if the package is easily opened and resealed, it doesn't take much effort on their part to open it. If you have a non suspicious package, well sealed, they tend to not mess with it. On the customs declaration, I wrote Collector's Coins, and set their value near spot + a few. Which isn't lying in any way. They are collectors coins, and the coins are only worth their weight in silver + whatever people are willing to pay for them. So while Johnny may offer Spot +$50, Jeff may only be willing to pay Spot + $25 and Raul is a bastard and offers me spot. I do however refuse to falsify the customs declaration, as I'd be pretty dissapointed with myself if the thing I went down for was mail fraud. I just leave the customs declaration truthfully vague.

So far no one has had any issues with customs, however I have insisted that no one buy more than $400 worth at any given time, as then I have to fill out seperate customs forms specifically for tax reasons. Shipping cost has ranged from $6 for a 2-3 oz package, to around $20 for a 2lb package.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:16:05 PM

Updated quantities, still having issues with the price ticker, so I may have to find another method of listing BTC pricing.
tim-tams

Activity: 479
Merit: 252

You, Me, and BTC: *Your* Liberty & Bitcoin Podcast

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 10:38:26 PM

Updated quantities, still having issues with the price ticker, so I may have to find another method of listing BTC pricing.

I sent you a PM with a price ticker you can use. Actually I sent 3 of them because I clicked send too soon, but I hope it works for you!

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 11:50:36 PM

Do you have a gold "Year of the rabbit" coin?
Looking to get one for my friend Smiley
If so, how much?  Please PM me
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 01:25:34 AM

I sent you a PM with a price ticker you can use. Actually I sent 3 of them because I clicked send too soon, but I hope it works for you!

Got it, and I'm going to check it out now, I really appreciate it, thank you.

Do you have a gold "Year of the rabbit" coin?
Looking to get one for my friend Smiley
If so, how much?  Please PM me

What size, and the 1999 or 2011 Lunar rabbit? I don't have one currently, but I think I could get ahold of one for a reasonable price.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:19:32 AM

Many thanks go out to tim-tams for hooking a brother up and offering another solution for Bitcoin Price Tickers. Be sure to check out his site youmeandbtc.com
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:11:40 PM

Hi

can you help me with a price please
I am looking for 1 of each of the 2 relesed to date Zombucks in Silver sent to the UK

Thanks

I'll look around and if I find some, I'll give you a quote, and you can tell me yea or nay from there.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:41:39 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 04:07:01 PM by SaltySpitoon

I am looking for a silver White Dragon Lunar coin.

As in the 2012 Lunar Dragon, painted white?

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:08:00 PM

Exactly, kind sir Smiley

Alrighty, I included a picture in my last post just to make sure we are on the same page. I see them pretty often, however I don't often dip into the painted coin market which I guess is why I don't have one at the moment. I'd be happy to send you a quote as well when I find one.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:26:02 AM

Heh, sorry guys, I got a few pms from people asking what was up with their tracking info, as it said it was received by the post office, however there were no updates after that. I checked my voicemail, and I had a call from the post office telling me that I had forgot to check the, "I agree that what I'm shipping isn't flamable, dangerous, etc, etc" box on the customs forms. So I've got to go in and do that before they are allowed to move the packages.

So the down side, is everything is delayed a few days. On the upside, nothing has been lost or stolen or anything like that.

Sorry about that, won't happen again.
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:27:16 AM

Heh, sorry guys, I got a few pms from people asking what was up with their tracking info, as it said it was received by the post office, however there were no updates after that. I checked my voicemail, and I had a call from the post office telling me that I had forgot to check the, "I agree that what I'm shipping isn't flamable, dangerous, etc, etc" box on the customs forms. So I've got to go in and do that before they are allowed to move the packages.

So the down side, is everything is delayed a few days. On the upside, nothing has been lost or stolen or anything like that.

That's all fine and dandy but the real question is, how tough are ya?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:09:37 PM

That's all fine and dandy but the real question is, how tough are ya?

Well, my dietary norm consists of nails for breakfast... without any dairy supplement...

I plan on going to a pretty large coin show this weekend, I hope to be able to pick up some interesting pieces.
ptereh

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:38:52 PM

Good to know my coins aren't flamable  Grin
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:36:25 PM

So I went in today and signed for everything, so all packages that were stuck in transit should now be moving. They just made me remove the lighter fluid from the packages with the customs declarations saying, "collectors coins" first.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:53:19 PM

Heading to a show today, watch for neat new additions to the list.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:44:25 PM

A little bit dissapointed with the turnout, all that I picked up was a 2 Oz 2011 Year of the Rabbit silver coin, from the Lunar II series. There was a lot of neat stuff, but most of it was a bit out of my price range.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 11:16:51 PM

With Bitcoin's flip flopping price, can you afford not to hedge?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:00:17 AM

all prices dropped, silver's spot price is down, now is the time to buy.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:42:38 PM

SILVER BULLETS ALL THE WAY !!!

It is a must have for tomorrow.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:04:54 PM

Would you accept CGB?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:25:46 PM

Would you accept CGB?

Uhm, I suppose, pm me.
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:47:20 AM

bump

Please keep bumping thread Salty as I'm checking it quite frequently wondering when Libertads and Britannias will be back in stock Smiley I also don't see the Fiji Turtles very often and in general terms I happen think that now is quite a good time to buy silver.

As I'm based in Australia, I am a little concerned about receiving the items via the mail but it's probably worth the risk for one or two different coins, if only to see what they're like in the hand. Obviously I can access all of the Perth Mint offerings without any importation issues and although there's no real reason for me to buy 'foreign silver', it's always nice to compare the designs and quality. Do you have any bars or is it just the coins that you offer?

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to send me a quick pm with an indication of shipping charges please?

Thanks very much, it's great to see the different coins, so I hope that you're getting some buyers through the thread (I'm thinking most would be quietly pm'ing you Cheesy ).

Cheers!

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:33:35 AM

Please keep bumping thread Salty as I'm checking it quite frequently wondering when Libertads and Britannias will be back in stock Smiley I also don't see the Fiji Turtles very often and in general terms I happen think that now is quite a good time to buy silver.

As I'm based in Australia, I am a little concerned about receiving the items via the mail but it's probably worth the risk for one or two different coins, if only to see what they're like in the hand. Obviously I can access all of the Perth Mint offerings without any importation issues and although there's no real reason for me to buy 'foreign silver', it's always nice to compare the designs and quality. Do you have any bars or is it just the coins that you offer?

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to send me a quick pm with an indication of shipping charges please?

Thanks very much, it's great to see the different coins, so I hope that you're getting some buyers through the thread (I'm thinking most would be quietly pm'ing you Cheesy ).

Cheers!

Thanks for the message and question. I've been trying to hit local shops and coin shows and such looking for good deals on Libertads and Britannias and such as well as interesting pieces, however haven't had too much luck lately. Of course if there is demand, I'll look for a more reliable but slightly more expensive source, however of course the cost would be passed along to the buyer, and I'd like to keep my prices competitive.

About your question, I cannot ship to Australia. Australia is actually incredibly strict on the importation of precious metals, and it is even difficult for large dealers like APMEX to do so. There is a ton of paperwork and other things standing in the way that make it near impossible for individuals to ship precious metals to Australia. Even APMEX won't bother with orders less than $1500, and they have extra say in the matter because of their business status.

I mostly deal in the more exotic coins, however I do get bars and rounds and such in from time to time. Designer bars and whatnaught I just don't find as interesting as collectors bullion, so I don't buy as much of it, but of course, if I find the market wishes it, I'd see if I could find more. I'm just about in restock mode, and once I can convert my BTC to $ or silver, I'll have everything restocked.
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1384

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:21:44 AM

Hi Salty

Any idea when your webshop will be open?

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:18:44 PM

Hi Salty

Any idea when your webshop will be open?

I've got everything registered, just brushing up on dreamweaver so I can create the site itself. I'm also thinking about what sort of payment processor to use. But my guess would be somewhat shortly.
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:20:06 PM

Cheers!

Thanks for the message and question. I've been trying to hit local shops and coin shows and such looking for good deals on Libertads and Britannias and such as well as interesting pieces, however haven't had too much luck lately. Of course if there is demand, I'll look for a more reliable but slightly more expensive source, however of course the cost would be passed along to the buyer, and I'd like to keep my prices competitive.

About your question, I cannot ship to Australia. Australia is actually incredibly strict on the importation of precious metals, and it is even difficult for large dealers like APMEX to do so. There is a ton of paperwork and other things standing in the way that make it near impossible for individuals to ship precious metals to Australia. Even APMEX won't bother with orders less than $1500, and they have extra say in the matter because of their business status.

I mostly deal in the more exotic coins, however I do get bars and rounds and such in from time to time. Designer bars and whatnaught I just don't find as interesting as collectors bullion, so I don't buy as much of it, but of course, if I find the market wishes it, I'd see if I could find more. I'm just about in restock mode, and once I can convert my BTC to $ or silver, I'll have everything restocked.

Thanks very much for your detailed reply Salty, it is greatly appreciated. Yes, I think you are probably right, discretion is the better part of valor when it comes to exporting to Australia and I wouldn't want you or me to transgress and fall foul of any rules. It's just not worth it for a few pieces of silver and the imposition of customs or other levies would negate any value (and probably negate the joy) of receiving the 'foreign silver'.

Interesting you mention APMEX, I just signed up for an account with them the other day and yesterday received a "$10 off first order" coupon code by email. Maybe it's just a generic introductory offer, however they're aware I'm in Australia from the account sign-up, so I'll need to log into the site and see what the shipping situation is as I didn't actually check. As you comment though, it might be one thing for a large business to send to Australia and quite another for an individual. If I find anything interesting or discover a legitimate way where it might be possible and practical to enable you to send me some of your goodies, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, thanks for putting your coins up on this thread, I have to say it's very interesting to see what you have available and apart from the one ounce coins I mentioned above, I also find myself being drawn to that one and a half ounce Polar Bear Cheesy

Thanks again and good luck with the restocking.

Smiley

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:28:17 PM

Thanks very much for your detailed reply Salty, it is greatly appreciated. Yes, I think you are probably right, discretion is the better part of valor when it comes to exporting to Australia and I wouldn't want you or me to transgress and fall foul of any rules. It's just not worth it for a few pieces of silver and the imposition of customs or other levies would negate any value (and probably negate the joy) of receiving the 'foreign silver'.

Interesting you mention APMEX, I just signed up for an account with them the other day and yesterday received a "$10 off first order" coupon code by email. Maybe it's just a generic introductory offer, however they're aware I'm in Australia from the account sign-up, so I'll need to log into the site and see what the shipping situation is as I didn't actually check. As you comment though, it might be one thing for a large business to send to Australia and quite another for an individual. If I find anything interesting or discover a legitimate way where it might be possible and practical to enable you to send me some of your goodies, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, thanks for putting your coins up on this thread, I have to say it's very interesting to see what you have available and apart from the one ounce coins I mentioned above, I also find myself being drawn to that one and a half ounce Polar Bear Cheesy

Thanks again and good luck with the restocking.

Smiley

That would be great, thanks. I too am a fan of the Polar Bears. When they came out, I tried ordering a roll, but Canada was being a jerk, and somehow managed to only allow them to be sold within Canada. APMEX and other online dealers had them, however they would only ship to Canada. The Royal Canadian Mint, would only ship them to Canada, there was no pay a ludacris amount for shipping and handling, it was just impossible to buy them outside of Canada. I'm not sure if that is no longer in effect, or if my dealer smuggled them in from Canada, however they are very nice pieces that are pretty uncommon and without a rediculous premium. I'm trying to get my hands on another roll, but I see in the future that those coins may hold some rediculous collector's premium because they were impossible to get from the beginning if you weren't in Canada, and because they are the first piece of their 1.5 Oz series. I don't believe the second has come out yet.
ptereh

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:16:04 PM

Just received my coins  Grin Very well packed and coins are as advertised. Thanx for a great transaction SaltySpitoon!

To bad the local postage company made an error on the customs form. They declare it's one item even tho Salty clearly stated on the package that there are 3 coins in the package. Resulting in me having to pay tax over all coins in stead of just one.  Angry
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:56:05 PM

Just received my coins  Grin Very well packed and coins are as advertised. Thanx for a great transaction SaltySpitoon!

To bad the local postage company made an error on the customs form. They declare it's one item even tho Salty clearly stated on the package that there are 3 coins in the package. Resulting in me having to pay tax over all coins in stead of just one.  Angry

Sorry to hear that. I do what I can to get around VATs or at the very least minimize them, but sometimes the tax man just wants his dues.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:52:38 PM

I should have a package coming in tomorrow containing some silver coins I've never owned before. Be sure to watch out for those, especially if you are a sport fisherman.
madpoet

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:53:05 PM

Salty what are you looking for to buy?  I've got a bunch of old junk silver (mostly dimes and quarters) as well as about 30 2013 silver eagles, a bunch of Maple Leafs, some turtles, etc;  Kind of a weird eclectic mix Smiley
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:26:22 PM

Salty what are you looking for to buy?  I've got a bunch of old junk silver (mostly dimes and quarters) as well as about 30 2013 silver eagles, a bunch of Maple Leafs, some turtles, etc;  Kind of a weird eclectic mix Smiley

Sent you a pm  Smiley
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:49:20 PM

New Product Added!

Just in fresh from the mint, 1 Oz 2011 Proof Gilded Pacific Swordfish coins from the New Zealand Mint. Each coin comes inside of a special display case direct from the mint. Pick yours up now, because I have no idea if I'll ever get more of these.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:58:05 AM

Some people that purchased lately made out big! If you are concerned with the Bitcoin market, why not hedge?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:30:45 PM

Intimidated by the cliff that is the Bitcoin price? Not sure if it will climb higher, or drop in the coming weeks? Silver and Gold don't tend to drop 25% of their value in 15 minutes swings like we have become accustomed to.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:16:29 PM

Now Selling Casascius coins! just kidding, that was a joke at how suddenly the marketplace is 95% Cas coin threads. Although I may in the future if I buy more than I have now.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 01:48:18 AM

Some people that purchased lately made out big! If you are concerned with the Bitcoin market, why not hedge?

Yes, a Carrington event would kill fiat and bitcoin (at least until everything is patched up again).
We'd be left with silver gold steel and lead, and barter.

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:01:29 AM

I shall be restocking fairly soon, just need to figure out what to stock  Smiley
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:41:37 PM

Supply is really dwindling, Just waiting for the opportune time to sell some BTC and buy more silbers!
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:43:05 AM

Bump
daddywarbucks

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:53:53 AM

Do you have any of the Russian / Ukrainian silver coins?  I was looking for the Year of the Dragon coin a while back, but people were asking way too much.  I might be interested if you happen to have one.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:57:13 AM

Do you have any of the Russian / Ukrainian silver coins?  I was looking for the Year of the Dragon coin a while back, but people were asking way too much.  I might be interested if you happen to have one.

I don't but I've REALLY been looking hard for some of those. The Archangel Michael Ukranian coins are what I've really been looking for, but it looks like Ukraine only mints like 10k of them per year, and early in the year, they make them available only to their citizens, so finding them outside of Ukraine is rare, and when you do they are expensive.

You are looking for the Russian Year of the Dragon coins, or the Perth ones?
daddywarbucks

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:06:19 PM

I don't but I've REALLY been looking hard for some of those. The Archangel Michael Ukranian coins are what I've really been looking for, but it looks like Ukraine only mints like 10k of them per year, and early in the year, they make them available only to their citizens, so finding them outside of Ukraine is rare, and when you do they are expensive.

You are looking for the Russian Year of the Dragon coins, or the Perth ones?

Ah, well it was worth a shot to see if you had some! The Russian ones are what I'm looking for. Maybe I should have bought them when I had the chance!  I agree that the quantity is usually pretty limited (tens of thousands). Do they really only sell to their citizens? I had considered ordering from their mint, but if that's true, guess I can't!

I'll look around and see what the going price is for that YOTD coin. It sounds like it is probably pricey.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:41:32 PM

Added a few more coins, the price ticker is a little wonky, so please pm me if you are interested in any.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: