Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:15:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum Replace Bitcoin?  (Read 524 times)
prabhu

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:25:40 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2018, 07:43:01 AM by prabhu

Ethereum’s smart contract technology makes corporations very interested in its real world applications. Ethereum price predictions for 2018. If it exceeds it, price will triple. Perhaps future ethereum will replace Bitcoin.
Strongball

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:58:08 AM

Is there any chance(s)for Ethereum to be the next biggest cryptocurrency throughout the world?

I would like to believe that with everything we've seen and experience so far with cryptocurrency, the odds
keep changing and everything is a surprise every now and then. Anything can really happen here, it
took quite a long time for bitcoin to be what and where it is now, it's the same thing I can
honestly say with Ethereum. Time is all it takes really, it has every bit of potential to
be big as bitcoin or beside bitcoin. Bitcoin is the undisputed king of crypto, no
question there, it's monetary value in the market will say it all. But it's the
most fluctuating currency there is. Ethereum is different, it does not
fluctuate dramatically compared to others. It's a slow but steady
currency who holds crucial applications everywhere. I think
it has potential, but in the years to come. Give it time
to grow, mature and prosper.
Cryptoadviserncounsellor

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:51:05 AM

Right now the network is a bit too slow for most mainstream applications.
"Bitcoin is processing a bit less than 3 transactions per second. Ethereum is doing five a second. Uber gives 12 rides a second. It will take a couple of years for the blockchain to replace Visa", Founder Vitalik Buterin said.

Ethereum never had the intention to have a value like bitcoin, but investors invested anyway spotting the opportunity. If we talk about the growth of Ethereum this past year, we can surely see that it has grown to more than 4000% while bitcoin has grown about 600%.

It is definitely possible that Ethereum could overtake Bitcoin one day, taking into consideration that Bitcoin is being so often debated, while Ethereum just works silently in the background. However, Bitcoin’s price still remains way bigger than the one of Ethereum.

If you’re a trader or investor, be realistic about the bubble. I know you hear this a 100 times when you’re trading but: don’t invest what you can’t afford to lose.
I have some Ethereum, not as a long-term investment, but because the price is going up and I need it to invest in tokens which I can quickly flip as soon as they come on the market.
That’s just the type of market we’re in.
MartoValenti

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:35:53 AM

At the current moment or even in the upcoming year or two, for me there is no way Ethereum to replace Bitcoin.
For now, Bitcoin is not only the main coin in the Crypto World. Bitcoin is the trade mark of the Crypto World. If Ethereum became bigger than bitcoin in the next 1-2 years I am not sure if this will be ok for the whole Crypto World as marketing, because a lot of people won't get in the crypto, because they simply do not know about ethereum, but everyone knows Bitcoin.
The marketing aspect of the situation before the whole World is very important guys, because if the crypto stays at this levels it won't develop. Crypto must grow and the only way is by making more people to have faith in it and for the moment, for good or bad, people know more for Bitcoin as coin than Blockchain as technology...that's the truth...
Boi qaaf

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:41:03 AM

May in the coming next few years. But for now, BTC rules.

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
redfin31

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:55:20 AM

Is there any chance(s)for Ethereum to be the next biggest cryptocurrency throughout the world?

that's very hard for now, especially different price between ethereum and bitcoin. but nothing impossible. ethereum always grow up every years and always on second place (after bitcoin) best than all coins.

Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:04:38 PM

Maybe, Already ETH has become an established currency in the blockchain system. most of the coming coin or ICO are using ETH address for paying the bounty campaign payment. So it can be a strong opponent of the Bitcoin in the future. I think This Canadian based Virtual currency will play a pioneering role because of their price is still not vulnerable. So it makes a great sense for the future purpose.
CokeCoin

Activity: 235

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:08:17 PM

Ether can replace bitcoin because btc is old and heavy, it brings profit but how long can it last? The ether is functional and I think that in the future it will spread to all spheres of life.

Casmania

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:42:30 PM

Maybe, Already ETH has become an established currency in the blockchain system. most of the coming coin or ICO are using ETH address for paying the bounty campaign payment. So it can be a strong opponent of the Bitcoin in the future. I think This Canadian based Virtual currency will play a pioneering role because of their price is still not vulnerable. So it makes a great sense for the future purpose.

In my own interpretation, we all know that ETH is second in terms of ranking in the cryptomarket and regarding to the the subject, I believe there could be a possibility for ETH to replace BTC but definitely may take a little longer. Bitcoin may somehow have a short comings regarding the transaction rare limit which needs to be fix where Ethereum has already evolve a bit faster than bitcoin. Currently, Ethereum has already acquired a higher transaction limit and is able to react fast. For bitcoin to retain the lead, it should step up it's technology and innovation to be able to improve it's transaction concerns to gain continuous support from the investors.
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:05:32 PM

There are chances that they can beat the bitcoins but lets just know the bitcoins are still having the tops spot and having a lot of inevst6prs and that thing is hard to beat so for me there are a slight chance that the ethereum can beat the bitcoins because if the bitcoins continue that kind of behavior and the ethereum starts to rise up them what will happen is theybare the one that will be recognized and the peoplw will switch into them in order to gain more money
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:10:57 PM

I think the ETH can replace the BTC, became the leader of  cryptocurrency market., but it seems still need a long time, when the project is more and more successful based on ETH, then the ETH is likely to surpass BTC.

xKARELx

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:15:05 PM

I think that everything is possible, this coin is very strong in itself and has an excellent team .. of course there is still much to develop this coin, but this she is now busy
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:22:56 PM

In my own understanding about Bitcoin and Ethereum, it's all about the store of value and smart contracts. Bitcoin is the king of all cryptocurrencies, no question about it. However, BTC is just a store of value whereas Ethereum and other mainnet such as NEM, Universa and others are being used by various ICOs for creating and distributing their tokens to holders and bounty hunters.

For me, I think there's no way Ethereum could get past Bitcoin. Just my two satoshis.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Vart4varta

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:23:52 PM

Do not forget that a significant number of bitcoins is considered lost in the initial stages of the existence of the crypto currency, when the value of "digital gold" was extremely low, while the owners of the ether were well aware of its possible value.

X - Mas

Activity: 277

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:25:58 PM

everything is possible,
so, in my mind, the future ethereum market capitalizations can replace bitcoin, just for a while
but, the price of eth can't reach bitcoin price
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 3011

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:28:00 PM

no matter how many times you and thousands of other newbie "accounts" ask this question, it won't come true and the value of the bags you hold won't go up because of it. you will make more profit if you sit down and pray to the pumping gods to pump ETH for you sooner so you can dump your little bag and make a little profit while the whales of it make millions from your naivete.

Or better advice would be to inform the newbie that the two are non-competing coins and that this isn't even a debate we should be having.  We could intelligently debate which coin has more upside sure.  ETH has potential and writing all Alts off isn't smart investing. 

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:28:39 PM

I think that everything is possible, this coin is very strong in itself and has an excellent team .. of course there is still much to develop this coin, but this she is now busy
It is possible but with what probability?? I am sure that even eth will be outdated in coming decades as more and more projects will dum upon data on eth blockchain then making transaction on eth blockchain will be costly like bitcoin today.
Creating N Action

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:32:23 PM

For me, it  defends on the people in  which they patronize. As far as  I know , Bitcoin is the reason why crypto currency become more familiar in all sites. Bitcoin was the first crypto currency that was been  created by know people/organization. For me , Ethereum cannot be replace bitcoin because this is the best crypto currency and it support by many investors. Bitcoin is very strong and powerful than ethereum although ethereum is too good for investment. It is hard to say wether it  can replace or not because we are only a human being ,and we don't know what would happen next.

StevenCS

Activity: 319

Apeswap Finance

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:41:45 PM

Why not?
now ethereum is already the second largest coin after bitcoin. it may be that in the future ethereum will surpass the bitcoin, but it has a rather small chance, but not impossible. and I hope ethereum will be the biggest cryptocurrency.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
sateyaam

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:46:14 PM

if seen from its growth should Ethereum (ETH) able to compete with Bitcoin price (BTC) in the future but ETH will be very difficult to equal to BTC price, because of unlimited stock.
we can hardly conclude that Ethereum has not been able to become a major competitor of Bitcoin in terms of value of savings and exchange rates
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: