Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 09:19:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum Replace Bitcoin?  (Read 531 times)
Malabarka

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:32:03 PM

Is there any chance(s)for Ethereum to be the next biggest cryptocurrency throughout the world?
This is a complex issue. There is a possibility that Ethereum will become the most popular cryptocurrency. The air is already used in 90 percent of the ICO.
But it is very unlikely that Ethereum will become the most expensive currency.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
EHT7500

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:36:57 PM

Ethereum (Ether) is likely to do better in the next year than ever before, because all the people discovering bitcoin now are finding out about altcoins (several months lag) and the first one they will read about (or buy a crypto-kitty made of) with be Ethereum.
IvyAguas

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:39:35 PM

Is there any chance(s)for Ethereum to be the next biggest cryptocurrency throughout the world?
Even if bitcoin is unpredictable I don't think any coin will ever replace it or ever obtain what bitcoin does. Bitcoin is consider to be the father of all cryptos, ethereum on the other hand is very promising but not good enough to be on the top or replace what bitcoin has today.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:56:21 PM

There is a chance but its too low though , as you can see bitcoin is the king of all coins around the crypto world , but eth is going strong though , you can see that it has more potential than other alt coins. But it's not possible to surpassed the bitcoin.
Siberian Husky

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:22:45 AM

I see the price of ETH keeps on increasing and increasingly in demand in the market. Maybe ETH can replace BTC in the future, but to replace bitcoin takes a long time.
we wait for its development
edison benzamin

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:26:47 AM

I think this is unlikely, but this market is not impossible, let time answer all
R3ffun

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:40:43 AM

I think this will be possible in the next few years. But it is not now with any chance.
I also believe that Ethereum can be a leading coin. but for the time I can not be sure. but nothing is impossible, as long as Ethereum continues to increase the chances for coin success are getting closer and clearer.
twinkledthomas

Activity: 143
Merit: 11

I will win, not immediately but definitely

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:17:41 AM

Obviously not. Ethereum can't have that much capability. Bitcoin will be the king now and then.. But Ethereum is also having a good future.. By the end of this year Ethereum will be double in price

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
voom360

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:51:25 AM

I thinks its not because we all know that bitcoin is the mother of all crypto and it would never replace by any coins.It has more stability and brighter future due to its strongest value in the market.It is most trusted by any other coins also
ridho002

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:09:25 AM

I thought maybe that would happen, but not in the near future, maybe in more or less 10 years. That's my prediction only.
LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 05:25:00 AM

This is a complex issue. There is a possibility that Ethereum will become the most popular cryptocurrency. The air is already used in 90 percent of the ICO.
But it is very unlikely that Ethereum will become the most expensive currency.

I don't think it has to be the most expensive necessarily for it to overtake bitcoin.

So long as it becomes just as, if not, more popular than bitcoin...
kevingreen

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:26:12 AM

The gap between Bitcoin and Ethereum is still very much but going by past record no person should underestimate the potentials of ETH. For example as of January 1 ,2017 Ethereum price was at $8.47. Compare that with the price as at January 13 .2018  the price was $1432.this huge increase shows the possibility of ETH competing with Bitcoin for the #1 position.
VBCryp@

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:48:16 AM

I think Ethereum can not pass bitcoin, The gap between Bitcoin and Ethereum is still very much. But Ethereum also has a good future, The rise of ETH shows that ETH has great potential and more and more people use it in the market.
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 05:48:44 AM

Honestly, bitcoin has quite a lot of faults and drawbacks.

So, I think and hope that yes, ETH will replace it.

The only thing btc has going for it at this point is its price and hype. Grin
Haunebu

Activity: 3108
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:51:56 AM

The gap between Bitcoin and Ethereum is still very much but going by past record no person should underestimate the potentials of ETH. For example as of January 1 ,2017 Ethereum price was at $8.47. Compare that with the price as at January 13 .2018  the price was $1432.this huge increase shows the possibility of ETH competing with Bitcoin for the #1 position.
You make a good point, but you do realize that bitcoin has skyrocketed into the stratosphere just like Ethereum in the last couple of years. Bitcoin was a few cents in 2009 and it has reached a high of $20,000+ recently which shows why it is the king of the crypto world and this is definitely not the peak. As more and more investors continue to join the crypto world thanks to the growing popularity of bitcoin, it will continue to surge in value without looking back and am expecting it to touch $40k by the end of this year. On the other hand, Ethereum is a strong coin and will always settle for 2nd.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Reena28

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:59:48 AM

Mmm..
I doubt that there is any other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-years. Of course there are many competitors like ripple and litecoin and of course Ethereum..
Time will tell in due time..
Phily40

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:03:11 AM

Probably! it might happen but not in the near future.
Truly ETH this days has the highest order among altcoins and also we have there competitions among many cryptocurrencies but there is a wide gap between bitcoin and it competitors.
It might not be easy for ETH to surpass bitcoin and remain as the king of cryptocurrency.
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:15:46 AM

I doubt it.  Bitcoin is irreplaceable.  Ethereum might be the top altcoin and might reach bitcoin value but replace it is impossible.  When the time comes that ether will reach the bitcoin value now, the bitcoin value by then will be much greater than its value today.  Bitcoin build its name through a long period of time and history can explain why bitcoin is the currency of future.  On the other hand, ethereum is still building its reputation and proving his capacity on the crypto market.  I think ethereum will never surpass bitcoin.
Fintan Lee

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:40:30 AM

It is possible that Ethereum could overtake Bitcoin one day, taking into consideration that Bitcoin is being so often debated, while Ethereum just works silently in the background. However, now, Bitcoin’s price still remains way bigger than the one of Ethereum.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:46:05 AM

This comparison is nowhere to go. There are holders of their coins that are also believed that it's going to happen but I would say that it's a no. Look at the current movements, when bitcoin is going down it is followed by ETH and most of the other alt coins as well. They are all depending to bitcoin so stop saying that an alt coin will replace bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: