Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:42:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔱🔱🔱 [ANN]The Odin Report - Exclusive Trading Group 🔱🔱🔱  (Read 1920 times)
scam confirmed (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 02:49:06 PM

With a username as "Scam Confirmed", you can't be surprised if it is a scam. No team members with other names to post the thread?  Grin

Without getting (overly) petty: this account has a great reputation; all crypto-trading groups are anonymous (for good reason). Also, the first post mentions our willingness to show detailed records of profitable trades. No shot we do that if this isn't anonymous.

GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:27:28 PM

Is this token considered a utility or a security? I'm thinking utility because of the nature of it, but I want to be sure.
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:02:31 PM

I like this project for many reasons. I think it's good that you guys are honest about what the product is. I think, with a big enough group, you could truly make an impact on the market and I believe it could be profitable for members of all tiers.

Have you had a lot of success in getting people to sign up for the airdrops so far?

I'm still curious about this. Smiley
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:29:35 PM

I am interested to see how well this project does. I think it seems like a really reasonable idea. What date will the newsletters actually start going out?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
scam confirmed (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 04:46:48 PM

I like this project for many reasons. I think it's good that you guys are honest about what the product is. I think, with a big enough group, you could truly make an impact on the market and I believe it could be profitable for members of all tiers.

Have you had a lot of success in getting people to sign up for the airdrops so far?

I'm still curious about this. Smiley

Apologies - missed that post. So far, about 250 registrants (all stemming from bitcointalk). The post only has ~450 views, so there's a 55.5% conversion rate. From what I understand, anything above 5-10% is a promising figure for conversions.

scam confirmed (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 04:57:21 PM

I am interested to see how well this project does. I think it seems like a really reasonable idea. What date will the newsletters actually start going out?

The airdrop registration lasts for two weeks (officially), tho it seems likely it will end sooner. More than 1/3 of the airdrop-allocated tokens have been claimed. If the airdrop ends before March 18th, the tokens will be sent that day, and the first report released on Monday, the 19th.

scam confirmed (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 05:02:08 PM

Is this token considered a utility or a security? I'm thinking utility because of the nature of it, but I want to be sure.

From our understanding, and extensive discussion with attorneys, our token is a utility.

It (ODIN) is fundamental to using the platform, and any value that it has is simply a result of demand for platform access. Nor does the token represent / constitute any ownership in the actual report, etc... seems about as much of a utility token as is even possible, really.

bit-joker

Activity: 193

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:17:41 PM

Does Odin have any competitors? I know these types of groups are common, but I've never seen one structured quite like this before.
scam confirmed (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 05:38:55 PM

Does Odin have any competitors? I know these types of groups are common, but I've never seen one structured quite like this before.

Yes and no...

1) Yes - other crypto-trading groups do exist. However, as you said, none of them (or anyone else) structures access around a token. The token-governance model with respect to a trading group is the nearly perfect use case of a utility token.

2) No - Lacking a more tasteful literary etiquette, we are simply better traders. Somewhat surprisingly, no one has (yet) asked for samples of our trading records. Given the anonymous nature of the report, official trade history is the best option for "identifying" ourselves. Perhaps more telling than using names? 😏

Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:49:09 PM

we are happy to provide a few links to some of our unadulterated trading records from Bittrex ($350k+ profit per trading session, sometimes in as little as 16 hours).
Use your own trading analysis and make a lot of money, why do you need a trading group? Charity? Grin

P.S. Nice nickname BTW.

You can absolutely make a lot of money on your own if you actually do the work (many people don't, but that's not important here). I think you are missing a big point. If a large sum of people decided to buy a token...wouldn't that increase the value? Then what if they all dumped it? It would once again change the value of the coin. If you are in this big group then I think you would have a huge advantage.

We stagger the release of the reports; not everyone receives the report concurrently. The highest membership tier receives the report first, etc, etc.

Right, that makes sense. Thanks. I think people should try to get in on the highest tier because timing is a really important factor. Obviously it is still going to be effected to be "in the know" at a lower tier. I can't wait to see the differences it makes between tiers when this starts.
scam confirmed (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 06:00:34 PM

we are happy to provide a few links to some of our unadulterated trading records from Bittrex ($350k+ profit per trading session, sometimes in as little as 16 hours).
Use your own trading analysis and make a lot of money, why do you need a trading group? Charity? Grin

P.S. Nice nickname BTW.

You can absolutely make a lot of money on your own if you actually do the work (many people don't, but that's not important here). I think you are missing a big point. If a large sum of people decided to buy a token...wouldn't that increase the value? Then what if they all dumped it? It would once again change the value of the coin. If you are in this big group then I think you would have a huge advantage.

We stagger the release of the reports; not everyone receives the report concurrently. The highest membership tier receives the report first, etc, etc.

Right, that makes sense. Thanks. I think people should try to get in on the highest tier because timing is a really important factor. Obviously it is still going to be effected to be "in the know" at a lower tier. I can't wait to see the differences it makes between tiers when this starts.

Right, giving everyone the same information is important. The best way to differentiate between membership levels is through time-based mediums.

Also, the staggered release helps avoid triggering fortuitous pumps; something as a group we stay far away from.

scam confirmed (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 07:34:58 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 09:00:36 PM by scam confirmed

We opened up a Telegram channel to allow others (either non-bitcointalk members, or members without sufficient rank) to participate in the airdrop: https://t.me/odinreport. Every Telegram registrant will receive an additional 1 ODIN from the airdrop.

deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:54:41 PM

Interesting project. Are these tokens simply given out based on buying power? There's no way to currently purchase them because they are just given in the airdrop, right?

Correct, they are given out on current wealth in either ETH or BTC. Our team is in agreement that it seems the only equitable approach.

Also, there is currently no way to purchase ODIN. We will list on IDEX following the airdrop. That will be the first opportunity non-airdrop / bounty campaign participants have to acquire ODIN.

Okay, that makes a lot of sense to me now. Thanks for your help. I think giving out the tokens based on the ability a user has to be buy is a very intelligent idea for a project with this nature. I believe that will help Odin make a bigger impact.
scam confirmed (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 06:03:27 PM

Interesting project. Are these tokens simply given out based on buying power? There's no way to currently purchase them because they are just given in the airdrop, right?

Correct, they are given out on current wealth in either ETH or BTC. Our team is in agreement that it seems the only equitable approach.

Also, there is currently no way to purchase ODIN. We will list on IDEX following the airdrop. That will be the first opportunity non-airdrop / bounty campaign participants have to acquire ODIN.

Okay, that makes a lot of sense to me now. Thanks for your help. I think giving out the tokens based on the ability a user has to be buy is a very intelligent idea for a project with this nature. I believe that will help Odin make a bigger impact.

We also believe the token model is sound. Join our telegram if you have additional questions: https://t.me/theodinreport

celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:50:48 PM

The airdrop registration lasts for two weeks (officially), tho it seems likely it will end sooner. More than 1/3 of the airdrop-allocated tokens have been claimed. If the airdrop ends before March 18th, the tokens will be sent that day, and the first report released on Monday, the 19th.

Oh wow. I didn't realize that you guys were already 1/3 there. Nice. I'm happy to see that your team will be sending out the newsletter the day after. That's so soon.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:50:06 PM

Odin seems like a project I could jump on the bandwagon with. I think it makes more sense than many other projects I see around here. Especially the ones that want to create a new token to buy xxx type of things with when there are already so many types of tokens to buy stuff with. I mean, it's just much more practical and refined. The reason for holding the tokens serves a smarter purpose that I think will be much more profitable.
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:57:32 PM

From our understanding, and extensive discussion with attorneys, our token is a utility.

It (ODIN) is fundamental to using the platform, and any value that it has is simply a result of demand for platform access. Nor does the token represent / constitute any ownership in the actual report, etc... seems about as much of a utility token as is even possible, really.

I was thinking it was likely a utility, but I had to ask since making a coin a security tends to open it up to more regulation. I'm happy to see that ODIN appears to be defined as a utility. Thanks!
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

This is a really cool idea for a project. One thing I am not quite understanding is how the reports work. How will they be created and by who?

Not to diminish them, but the reports are "no more" than newsletters. They are issued bi-weekly (every other week) on Monday, at noon EST. They are written by us, and they detail our current analysis of our top coin choice for that report. We want to make it clear that we're not giving out investment advice; rather, just our own personal beliefs. The reports will include TA and FA about each coin, with accompanying rationale.

Oh, I see. That's helpful. It could ultimately save people a lot of time in research and analysis while also keeping them up to date on coins. How much later do last reports go out after the first report? For example, how much later will the report go out for silver members?

Yes - good question. So, our initial (and present) belief is that the information that everyone receives should be identical. This inherently prevents any accusations of misdirection, withholding information, etc. Under this model, the only way to differentiate between different membership levels is by staggering the release of each report. I will reiterate the model here, but do read the "Membership" literature.

So, the Odin report is disclosed every other week, on Monday at noon, EST. Those in the Onyx tier (the highest level of membership) will receive the report exactly at 12:00pm. Those in the tier below (the Platinum tier) will receive the report at 1:00pm; Gold members receive the report at 2:00pm; Silver members receive the report at 3:00pm; finally, Bronze members receive the report at 4:00pm.

That's a good idea. I think timing is the most important aspect. How sure are you that 1 hour will make such a huge difference? Have you done testing on this with other groups?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
scam confirmed (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:44:29 PM

This is a really cool idea for a project. One thing I am not quite understanding is how the reports work. How will they be created and by who?

Not to diminish them, but the reports are "no more" than newsletters. They are issued bi-weekly (every other week) on Monday, at noon EST. They are written by us, and they detail our current analysis of our top coin choice for that report. We want to make it clear that we're not giving out investment advice; rather, just our own personal beliefs. The reports will include TA and FA about each coin, with accompanying rationale.

Oh, I see. That's helpful. It could ultimately save people a lot of time in research and analysis while also keeping them up to date on coins. How much later do last reports go out after the first report? For example, how much later will the report go out for silver members?

Yes - good question. So, our initial (and present) belief is that the information that everyone receives should be identical. This inherently prevents any accusations of misdirection, withholding information, etc. Under this model, the only way to differentiate between different membership levels is by staggering the release of each report. I will reiterate the model here, but do read the "Membership" literature.

So, the Odin report is disclosed every other week, on Monday at noon, EST. Those in the Onyx tier (the highest level of membership) will receive the report exactly at 12:00pm. Those in the tier below (the Platinum tier) will receive the report at 1:00pm; Gold members receive the report at 2:00pm; Silver members receive the report at 3:00pm; finally, Bronze members receive the report at 4:00pm.

That's a good idea. I think timing is the most important aspect. How sure are you that 1 hour will make such a huge difference? Have you done testing on this with other groups?

Yes - an hour works well. It's enough time to digest, read the report, and make a decision. But, not so long the next tier feels cheated out of information.

HenryHux

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:54:33 PM

Very interesting project. Will watch it. Good luck!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: