Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:21:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN - ICO] ThinkCoin: Peer to Peer Multi Asset Trading on the Blockchain  (Read 30456 times)
Kuksi

Activity: 220
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:01:22 PM

With ThinkCoin, all transactions will be checked on a blockchain, which means that settlements can be completed in seconds, not days. And also of course it will be safe

Is ti going to be problem if there is too many transactions?It it going to slow things down?

The more transactions there is the more load on the network and infrastructure, but hopefully that partnership with 0Chain means that we won't experience these kind of problems as 0Chain is great addition that has been signed specifically to avoid slow transactions under a heavy load in future when lots of people will be using TradeConnect.

I still remember what those cryptokitties did,i sure hope that wont be problem in the future.

Yeah, cryptokitties were a real craze.No transactions were going through and there was like 16k pending transactions at the time. Scalability is big issue in general in crypto, but as I said it's good to see that TCO team is already thinking about it and partnered with 0chain to avoid those kind of situation hopefully Cheesy

We use a hybrid blockchain system so we can handle many many transactions! You can learn more about it here: https://medium.com/thinkcointoken/a-hybrid-approach-to-blockchain-ea2bf6ade3b8

Great to hear that you are thinking about that,and that you have solution.

The medium is redirecting us to their website and whitepaper for more info, but can someone here write in short what would the benefits of a hybrid system be?  thank you!

I second this notion for better clarification of the hybrid part - just in short what is it comprised of?

Just a reminder the article is there.

To put it in really simple terms, having the entire trading platform on the blockchain isn't feasible with where Ethereum is currently at. In the future it may be possible though. Think of it like this, every trade needs two separate smart contracts, one for the offer, and one for the person matching (with both needing to be mined on the Ethereum network). Scaled up to tens of thousands of contracts, it's too much load.

The hybrid approach solves this. All finalized trades are recorded to the blockchain, giving the security and immutability. Before trades are finalized, the system uses an offline blockchain, which can handle almost limitless trades.

By combining off and onchain we can get the best out of both systems, overcoming the scalibility limitations of Ethereum currently. With plasma that will likely change, and we may be able to move our entire platform on to the live Ethereum network.

We hope this helps! Any questions, please feel free to ask!

Thanks to team that jumps in just in time we can understand it a bit better : Limitless trades!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blueoyster

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:04:51 PM

I've been reading the whitepaper a bit more but I don't quite understand the concept of the Price Matching Persona. Could you elaborate on that a bit more? Is it part of an algorithm?

Yeah been trying to check it for you too, but after reading it I must admit I don't understand it either myself. Could be nice if someone explained it a bit for us simpletons Cheesy

We'll see if we can get an article published explaining it in detail!

In short, the price-matching persona is a way of scoring traders depending on how close to the average market price their offers are. This will incentivize traders to operate closer to the market price, meaning more trading volume and liquidity.

There's a lot more to the system so if possible we will publish an article to clarify in detail! The AI side of TradeConnect is very exciting!

Ahh cool , so now I see.It's not related to persons it's an AI system that will ensure that everything works smooth and that there is liquidity.
TreborHead

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:52:06 PM

I see that there has been talk about Price Matching Persona and some confusion about it, so here is the article that explains a bit about Digital Persona and AI side of TradeConnect.

https://medium.com/thinkcointoken/digital-personas-694cd67e4369
adarwis

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:56:28 PM

I believe that this project has a good program and I am also participating in the overall success of the think coin project, and I'm sure if thinkcoin will have a huge role in the future, by joining and investing in this project, we will have a great opportunity to gain multiple benefits
Dr. Van Nostrand

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:02:49 AM

I see that there has been talk about Price Matching Persona and some confusion about it, so here is the article that explains a bit about Digital Persona and AI side of TradeConnect.

Good read,thank you fo sharing that!
snowcommander

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:04:29 AM

Thank you for sharing. I'm one of the more confused ones Cheesy
descuri

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:14:27 AM

With ThinkCoin, all transactions will be checked on a blockchain, which means that settlements can be completed in seconds, not days. And also of course it will be safe

Is ti going to be problem if there is too many transactions?It it going to slow things down?

The more transactions there is the more load on the network and infrastructure, but hopefully that partnership with 0Chain means that we won't experience these kind of problems as 0Chain is great addition that has been signed specifically to avoid slow transactions under a heavy load in future when lots of people will be using TradeConnect.

I still remember what those cryptokitties did,i sure hope that wont be problem in the future.

Yeah, cryptokitties were a real craze.No transactions were going through and there was like 16k pending transactions at the time. Scalability is big issue in general in crypto, but as I said it's good to see that TCO team is already thinking about it and partnered with 0chain to avoid those kind of situation hopefully Cheesy

We use a hybrid blockchain system so we can handle many many transactions! You can learn more about it here: https://medium.com/thinkcointoken/a-hybrid-approach-to-blockchain-ea2bf6ade3b8

The medium is redirecting us to their website and whitepaper for more info, but can someone here write in short what would the benefits of a hybrid system be?  thank you!

I second this notion for better clarification of the hybrid part - just in short what is it comprised of?

To put it in really simple terms, having the entire trading platform on the blockchain isn't feasible with where Ethereum is currently at. In the future it may be possible though. Think of it like this, every trade needs two separate smart contracts, one for the offer, and one for the person matching (with both needing to be mined on the Ethereum network). Scaled up to tens of thousands of contracts, it's too much load.

The hybrid approach solves this. All finalized trades are recorded to the blockchain, giving the security and immutability. Before trades are finalized, the system uses an offline blockchain, which can handle almost limitless trades.

By combining off and onchain we can get the best out of both systems, overcoming the scalibility limitations of Ethereum currently. With plasma that will likely change, and we may be able to move our entire platform on to the live Ethereum network.

Thank you for sharing the explanation. It makes more sense to me now too Smiley
Memmoria

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:17:23 AM

I believe that this project has a good program and I am also participating in the overall success of the think coin project, and I'm sure if thinkcoin will have a huge role in the future, by joining and investing in this project, we will have a great opportunity to gain multiple benefits

Nicely said,Thinkcoin is great investing opportunity for sure.Hype is real!
PuryLock

Activity: 350
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:28:21 AM

What is the current percentage bonus,at this stage of sale?
aileen393332xe5157

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:32:17 AM

Selecting a good purpose is an advantage for the project. The issue of commission fees for third parties was deleted by the project. To compete with other projects for the same purpose, I think the safety factor and connection fees need to be clear. Users always choose the safe and economic elements to use in their transactions. The greater the competition, the greater the value of the project and the wider market, and the more prosperous the project is in the future.
thinkcoin.io

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:49:01 AM

What is the current percentage bonus,at this stage of sale?

The pre-ICO has a 22% bonus and will last till the 14th May. You can find more infromation including how much we've raised so far on our portal!  https://portal.thinkcoin.io/
thinkcoin.io

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:56:57 AM

Thanks to team that jumps in just in time we can understand it a bit better : Limitless trades!!!

Very happy to hear that helps clarify! Is there anything else that you would like explained in more detail? We will be able to publish more articles on our medium!
JeffTheMan

Activity: 247
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:47:35 PM

How is the sale progressing? Can we check how much was collected?
TreborHead

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:54:21 PM

Since all trading fees will be charged per transaction in TCO did you maybe consider like giving some minor welcome TCO bonus to people that join TradeConnect for like first 20-50 trades and that bonus TCO can be used only for trading fees like lots of exchanges nowadays do?
Kuksi

Activity: 220

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:17:36 PM

As I was going a bit more through WP I noticed that you are mentioning Auctions of Digital Personas? Is that like some kind of auctions that will be set by AI? How will that work and what is that actually?
Ranunculus2

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:29:41 PM

Since all trading fees will be charged per transaction in TCO did you maybe consider like giving some minor welcome TCO bonus to people that join TradeConnect for like first 20-50 trades and that bonus TCO can be used only for trading fees like lots of exchanges nowadays do?

Now that's a good idea, to sort of incentivise the usage early on.
MrSlave

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:57:39 PM

How is the sale progressing? Can we check how much was collected?

I am not sure that releasing such information is standard practice. It could impact sales (positively or negatively) and give a heads up to the potential competition. I don't think that's good business practice.
SoonAmoon

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:12:32 PM

That's interesting, I did not know about that. Seems like everything is a bonus these days Cheesy
EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:40:08 PM

That's interesting, I did not know about that. Seems like everything is a bonus these days Cheesy

This is like standard on almost all new exchanges these days.
Blueoyster

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:42:17 PM

As I was going a bit more through WP I noticed that you are mentioning Auctions of Digital Personas? Is that like some kind of auctions that will be set by AI? How will that work and what is that actually?

Yeah pretty good question.i don't understand how that will work and is everyone allowed to participate in auctions as there is mentioning of highest bidders and stuff  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: