Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:13:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Agrees with Me?  (Read 2945 times)
Leona Lewis

Activity: 181
Merit: 5

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 04:21:07 PM

I've seen that few times. But generaly if BTC grows, altcoins grow as well, and if BTC price became lower, altcoins prices became lower too. So I can't prove that your opinion is 100% right.

▂▂▂▂▂  E Q U I  ▂▂▂▂▂
Transforming Venture Capital
greggypiggy

Activity: 141
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:34:08 PM

I agree with you, but most of the time that when bitcoin grows altcoin will fall is not happening. Sometimes if Bitcoin grows, altcoins start to grow too. Same sa when bitcoin drops, altcoin drops too. Its not always contradicting each other, sometimes they are same they grow and fall at the same time too. I think there are some factors that affects the market, at this time we dont know it yet but im sure at the mere future we will discover it and it will help us in decision making for our investments.
jankekek

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:32:47 PM

So I started noticing a pattern.
Everytime the market goes to the moon, the down trend lasts for a several weeks. Meaning, only when Bitcoin it's going to be at it's highest, the altcoins are going to be at the lowest point.
Then, the money from Bitcoin will start going to the Altcoins, making them going up even more.

Have you noticed the same thing?
I noticed that sometimes but not all the time when bitcoin is falling, altcoins is increasing because there is a cases that both bitcoin and altcoins are going to pumping or dumping.
bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:39:36 PM

Everytime the market goes to the moon, the down trend lasts for a several weeks. Meaning, only when Bitcoin it's going to be at it's highest, the altcoins are going to be at the lowest point.
Then, the money from Bitcoin will start going to the Altcoins, making them going up even more.

indeed such a function of trading itself, where in the definition of trading are 2 different product types, where the exchange of coincidence of price increases for the couple one, and the opposing couple will experience pemurununan.

Example:
BTC / ETH if BTC experiences UP trend of course ETH will experience downward trend, because 2 of these products are opposite each other, and the most important thing is the main product / core as the guidance of other product price movement.
anylic

Activity: 278
Merit: 115

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:44:09 PM

I also realize that this always happens in a loop, the main reason is that BTC has received the trust from investors and when there is good news they will start to buy, until some time saturation they will change the portfolio

frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:50:36 PM

Actually this was the case before but not now. The altcoins are behaving same as the bitcoin now a days and hence the coins are going up when the bitcoin goes up and altcoins are going down when the bitcoin is going down as well. However the effect which you talking about used to be there when we were at the mid 2017 year. At this period the bitcoin and altcoin behaviour was completely opposite. The reason was simple, whenever bitcoin used to go down people use to buy more altcoins because they saw more profits in them and when the bitcoin use to go up they use to buy more bitcoin thus pushing it even further.
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:01:25 PM

I think it is very common because in principle the basic trading strategy yaitumembeli when the price is low and sell at a high price. while prices of bitcoins are skyrocketing a decision to make a profit will be done by traders and stream some funds from BTC to buy altcoin.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:21:49 AM

That's right, I agree with you, I'm a bit concerned, bitcoin does affect altcoin, and I think it's fair because bitcoin is the first coin worthy of an example of success, and it's also good for traders, they can do it. double benefit
Technically speaking, there is no such comparison in between bitcoin and altcoin and that neither of the coin hardly effect the market of other coin. It is because of the fact that both the coins have their separate domain and that the investors who invest in either of the coins invest based on their own personal interest. The ones who want to do day trading will never opt for bitcoin and those who want to do holding will never opt altcoins.
AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:57:50 AM

This is normal behavior for the cryptocurrency market. Altcoins are changing their dynamics with some delay relative to BTC. Investors need time to switch to a new trend (BTC or Alts).
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:22:12 AM

I do not agree fully with the author of this thread. It seems to me that Bitcoin sets the pace of development of the entire market. When Bitcoin is growing altcoins are growing too with some delay.
manlyxman

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:47:36 AM

I've seen that few times. But generaly if BTC grows, altcoins grow as well, and if BTC price became lower, altcoins prices became lower too. So I can't prove that your opinion is 100% right.

Yeah i've noticed that a lot of the altcoins are dependent on btc as well. When it grows - they grow and vice-verse.
zlt220

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:13:50 AM

I rarely agree.
Truly bitcoin dominate other cryptocurrency, but the common principle is that when BTC rise altcoin rise as well and when it fall alt. will also fall, this is because of high trust investors had to bitcoin, made altcoin to be dependent upon BTC.
Agamemnus

Activity: 267
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:24:58 AM

The alts prices are still tied to the Bitcoin. What I have seen in general is that Alts go up when the Bitcoin price stabilizes, alt prices drops when bitcoin price drops and alts price drop when bitcoin price goes up. So just let the bitcoin to become a bit stable and we will see the alts go up.

StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:14:18 AM

Your observation is quite right, it is a normal market cycle, lets hope bitcoin will soon skyrocket then only our alt holdings will grow too afterwards.
Our altcoin holding will grow even now if the price of the bitcoin rises slowly or remains bit stable/less volatile. It is not necessary that bitcoin has to skyrocket and then drop for other crypto currencies to rise. Altcoins are related to bitcoin just because many exchanges world wide use btc pairing trade for altcoins, which gives bitcoin volume and connects its movements indirectly to the other crypto currencies.

There is always time for altcoins and time for bitcoin. When one rises, other remains low and when the other starts to grow the first begins to crash.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 11:22:06 AM

Yes, you are on point. Atl coins drops because the bitcoin or eth prices are dipping because some alt coins depend on bitcoin and eth. But when eth and bitcoin go up the alt coins prices also.
GazorpPozorpec

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:24:13 AM

Yes I, too, observed this trend. The money just flows from one place to another.

╔◎      TwitterBounty ┃   [WHITEPAPER]MediumFacebook      ◎╗
╠══════════◎════◎════◎    LeadRex    ◎════◎════◎═══════════╣
╚◎       RedditTelegram[ANN Thread]YoutubeLinkedin       ◎╝
diva.man

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:26:26 AM

My understanding is that the price of BTC goes up and altcoins price also goes up!

Because many altcoins price calculation basis is based on BTC!
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:02:04 PM

The prices of altcoins depend on the price of bitcoin. If bitcoin gets more expensive, the altcoins are also going up. With declines, the prices of altcoins are also decreasing. Bitcoin has an impact on the direction in which the entire crypto market goes.

Ethan Manson

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:05:57 PM

I think there is a real evident correlation between the rise of alts and bitcoin going past its peak. I think it's people taking profits from bitcoin and placing it in alts. These are the intelligent traders who try to stay one step ahead. It pays to be a contrarian
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:44:29 PM

patterns like this exist but you can not really rely on them forever to make trades. there are a lot of situations when these patters are not true. for example now as bitcoin dropped and all the altcoins were dropping, there were some altcoins that were defying all the laws and were getting pumped.
that is the nature of manipulated market, you can not make patterns and certainly you should never follow them.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: