Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:20:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does altcoin strategically and indirectly promote bitcoin price?  (Read 106 times)
erikoy (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:08:58 PM

I have some questions regarding the investment of altcoins which are cheaper and could be sold also to bitcoin. I am curios on how this altcoins affect the price of bitcoin. Is there any relevance on the price of bitcoin with the promotion of ICO project/altcoins?

Based on my observation since I.have too an altcoin which is from the I AM HERO ICO project brought tokens and it seems that they do good discounts as of now since the token are still on sale. The project is based on the employment if ever you seek job for yourself and the same also as the emloyer could get an employee out of this project thus making it distinguish than other campaigns. I AM HERO ICO already gains its popularity all over the world. And people are already investing in it. The question is that how altcoins afffecr the rise up and fall down bitcoin price?
billyj111

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:19:33 PM

I have some questions regarding the investment of altcoins which are cheaper and could be sold also to bitcoin. I am curios on how this altcoins affect the price of bitcoin. Is there any relevance on the price of bitcoin with the promotion of ICO project/altcoins?

Based on my observation since I.have too an altcoin which is from the I AM HERO ICO project brought tokens and it seems that they do good discounts as of now since the token are still on sale. The project is based on the employment if ever you seek job for yourself and the same also as the emloyer could get an employee out of this project thus making it distinguish than other campaigns. I AM HERO ICO already gains its popularity all over the world. And people are already investing in it. The question is that how altcoins afffecr the rise up and fall down bitcoin price?
I do not think that altcoins contributes to rising prices of bitcoin. Rather, prices for altcoins depend heavily on bitcoin.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:20:57 PM

I can see how it indirectly increases bitcoin price, especially during ICOs.  If the ICO accepts Bitcoin and investors want in, they'll be purchasing BTC from Coinbase or wherever and indirectly increase the price.  I think I've seen it happen during the popular ICOs such as Basic Attention Token.
HartleyDrake

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:23:03 PM

nope i believe bitcoin is what brings up or down the prices of alt coins
remiby

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 10:37:52 PM

Bitcoin is a flagship of all the cryptocurrency market. If it goes up, everything goes up. If it goes down, everything goes down. Have a look at coinmarketcap few times - either everything is red or everything is green.
boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:46:29 PM

Altoins cannot affect bitcoin's price because bitcoin has more dominance than the market,bitcoin will be the one to decide on how will these icos will do,bitcoin was the foundation and the first cryptocurrency which makes it prime that is why it is strictly recommended to have more bitcoins in your porftolio rather than just pure altcoins.

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:54:38 PM

Altoins cannot affect bitcoin's price because bitcoin has more dominance than the market,bitcoin will be the one to decide on how will these icos will do,bitcoin was the foundation and the first cryptocurrency which makes it prime that is why it is strictly recommended to have more bitcoins in your porftolio rather than just pure altcoins.
Back to your school boy, there is no bitcoin foundation. You are actually creating a big joke. bitcoin was not affected by altcoin.  Altcoin helps bitcoin to provide various market to increase its volatility.
Looks difficult to hold bitcoin to get 100x terun when you can get it in altcoin just in some days.  Altcoin provides fast pump and dump.

setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

Well, it's a kind of retro- influence circle , but the side of BTC influence is stronger than the other side .
* BTC does closely influence altcoins prices ( proportionally the same direction )
* Altcoins may also have an impact on btc price ( but it remains shrunken ) see the quote below
If the ICO accepts Bitcoin and investors want in, they'll be purchasing BTC from Coinbase or wherever and indirectly increase the price.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 11:07:13 PM

Though there are relations like buying bitcoin for buying and altcoin and sentimental moves on the market, there are no clear answer to it.
ETH is the favorite coin for ICO. You can now directly buy altcoins from fiat in many parts of the world and ETC and BCH are gaining as base currency.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
totnaksquad

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:33:01 PM

Back to your school boy, there is no bitcoin foundation. You are actually creating a big joke. bitcoin was not affected by altcoin.  Altcoin helps bitcoin to provide various market to increase its volatility.
Looks difficult to hold bitcoin to get 100x terun when you can get it in altcoin just in some days.  Altcoin provides fast pump and dump.
You should go back to school too,bitcoin was the first cryptocurrencies and all of those first generation altcoins where based to the bircoin's code as  that is why it is indeed the foundation of the cryptocurrencies,the first of its kind.It is funny how you tell people to get back to their school as you are the one who needs do learn more,tell me how sherlock how the blockchain works? because i dont know anything about it  Cry

withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:03:30 AM

I think altcoins work as promotoinal objects to promote themselves & blockchain technology. Basically every other coins works to promote bitcoin too. But it is more like indirect support we observe.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
diora11

Activity: 132
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:18:46 AM

Of course not, why do most ICOs held to promote Altcoin receive Bitcoin payments? This is because not all ICOs held access to receive payments using real money. If you look closely, the acceptance of ICO payments instead of using Bitcoin alone, there are some ICOs that also accept Ethereum and other Altcoin as payment. While Bitcoin is the origin of cryptocurrency and the most commonly owned by investors. So this will make it easier for investors to follow ICO an Altcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: