Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:14:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you sell/buy bitcointalk accounts?  (Read 4821 times)
0nlyBTC (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:57:01 PM

So just a general question I am posing. Is it allowed to sell/buy BitcoinTalk accounts on BitcoinTalk? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:58:26 PM

Yes.

0nlyBTC (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:59:23 PM

Yes.

People really do that? What makes accounts worth buying? In other words, what the value of account?
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:13:28 PM

People already do. The value depends on what others are willing to pay but you should check other posts out about selling accounts as it is normally used for scamming and you may receive bad rep for selling

Currently held as collateral by monbux
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:16:22 PM

People really do that? What makes accounts worth buying? In other words, what the value of account?

Well purchased accounts can be used multiple ways. We hope that people don't use them to buy credibility in the form of old accounts to scam, but there are more legitimate reasons to buy an account as well. If you don't want to wait through newbie restrictions, you can buy an account from someone. If you want multiple accounts to participate in giveaways, contests, or for signature advertising, you can use multiple accounts to earn more coin.

Of course there is the downside, with those that try and give themselves fake loans to build trust, or to scam people. However, its not too hard to tell when this is happening, and those alts tend to get caught pretty quickly.
dope

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:07:41 AM

What would be the point in selling/buying accounts other than wanting to have a fake reputation so you can scam?
0nlyBTC (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:10:22 AM

What would be the point in selling/buying accounts other than wanting to have a fake reputation so you can scam?

Well...maybe a unique username?
0nlyBTC (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:13:05 AM

Well purchased accounts can be used multiple ways. We hope that people don't use them to buy credibility in the form of old accounts to scam, but there are more legitimate reasons to buy an account as well. If you don't want to wait through newbie restrictions, you can buy an account from someone. If you want multiple accounts to participate in giveaways, contests, or for signature advertising, you can use multiple accounts to earn more coin.

Of course there is the downside, with those that try and give themselves fake loans to build trust, or to scam people. However, its not too hard to tell when this is happening, and those alts tend to get caught pretty quickly.

Can I sell a unique username?  
Subud!

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:50:12 AM

You can base on the rules.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 02:54:34 AM

You can base on the rules.

And, as soon as theymos allows new accounts again, I'm going to register Unique Username.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:54:11 AM

Well...maybe a unique username?

Aren't all usernames unique Tongue

Maybe a username that is very unique to you? I don't know.
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:22:52 AM

Is forum registrations still disabled? If that's the case there could be demand for accounts right now.  Smiley
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:37:40 PM

you guys are giving me buissiness ideas:

"newbie unlocking service"  Tongue

and indeed, "special account names" Wink

As long as you dont trade between your own "main" account and the newly created accounts, I dont see any harm and maybe you can earn a few mBTC Wink
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:53:02 PM

As long as you dont trade between your own "main" account and the newly created accounts, I dont see any harm and maybe you can earn a few mBTC Wink

All of them have already been done I think. If not then I would be surprised.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:07:25 AM

All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:11:06 AM

It's like groundhog day. People thinking they have created something new but have really been influenced by old ideas.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 06:15:05 AM

Vujà Dé!
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:42:42 PM

Accounts can be sold so people can use the reputation to defraud people.  Since this forum is run as a criminal operation rather than a legitimate business this practice is allowed since no legitimate business would allow such a thing.

Milly, did you delete a bunch of your posts?

hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:57:08 PM

The question is, who is buying those account and what do they use for?  SCAM??

rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 10:49:08 PM

I don't understand: if selling accounts is allowed why tysat gave Subud! negative feedback for selling accounts?
Is Subud! selling stolen accounts?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: