Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:37:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens with my crypto when I die?  (Read 2973 times)
angchosenone

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:12:25 PM

I figure you can utilizing on the web wallet for it, since individuals who you give your private/mystery information like email address, secret word and private key of you wallet can get to it. By along these lines don't stress on the off chance that you lost your equipment wallet and possibly got mishap (I trust no and I trust you generally wellbeing with your family). You can give your private/mystery information like I say before to the general population which you extremely trust and depend on. You can disclose to him the motivation behind why you do that, similar to need to pass on to your kids when you get mishap, or some another issue . However, you ought to be keen to pick individuals, bless your heart

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:22:57 PM

I store my keys on several media, so I think that it's impossible to lose them all at the same time.

Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:26:57 PM

Backup is the best and most secured way to store you secret keys and any other document that is use to access you wallet, and again relating the key to your wallet to a close mate such as your wife or family member in case of deaths.
Crytptomeniac

Activity: 240

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:55:34 PM

That's a decision you will have to make when it comes to what happens to the coins in the unfortunate event of death You could wright down a will with instructions -on what happens to your cryptos or open a safety deposit Box whereyour will keep the passwords to your wallets and information on who to take them over, his deposit box will only be opened when you are gone, that way you get to pass your cryptos to the next of kin, or else they will lay idle i your wallet forever
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:59:43 PM

I think it will be given to your family or your wife. Or it can be hold. What happens when you die the tokens in the unfortunate event of death you could wroght down a will with instructions.
mirror001

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:20:16 PM

Well i do not think of much about this question if you die nothing will happen to your crypto because it will be used by user family of your friends who are if sincere and they will give it o your family member to continue. But if not then they will be lost. SO I would suggest that you should loop someone in with you crypto business you are doing so if any thing happen to you they should continue your work.

Or they should atleast know waht you are doing.

Am I right guys?
osmo

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:23:59 PM

it is necessary to think about it if we die, we can provide information about wallets and emails etc to our close people like family, so when we die crypto currancy that we can can we give to our family or our heir

berkcelik16

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:31:34 PM

You should teach your wife and children how to withdraw these funds. On the other hand, it will go to bitcoin trash. This will decrease the circulating supply Cheesy
supergorg27

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:33:19 PM

Maybe before it happens, have someone of your family whom you be trusted and tell about all your crypto savings so that it can give benefits to your family.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:36:49 PM

Least of my problems after I die.

Made me laugh  Grin Thanks!

But, it may be a serious issue. I actually knew a guy (past tense) that had a bunch of cash in a bank, hidden away from his family... Took em like 15 years to find out, that he was hiding it.

So, if you have anybody you trust, make sure they can get a copy of your wallet after you visit the other end of the blockchain?

If you are die is nothing will be change with your crypto currencies 8 to remain same and change the value also increasing if you have any rights to access your wallet then they will be profitable with your investment in crypto currencies this is my thought.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
mendra_2009

Activity: 429

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:40:29 PM

Teach one of the families that you believe can be trusted about crypto and its use, if that is not possible then you must have friends who are like brothers you can trust and your friends are also active in the world of crypto.So I think you can choose whether a friend trusted you in the world of crypto or your trusted brother to help you if anything happens to you so that the crypto you have will be given to someone according to your wishes.

chelle5

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:41:17 PM

Do something now before it's too late, if you die and no body knows what you have in crypto your money will be gone, every access in crypto you have put it on a safe and be sure that they can find it.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
cherrymobile

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:42:39 PM

Silly question right? Smiley
Unless there is a backup method or heritage system it obviously vanishes for eternity, but the point was to discover methods that you are aware for avoiding such risks.

Well, it's not a risk, it's a certainty, but there are other risks of losing access to the crypto account aswell.
Some like:
* death... obviously
* house burns down along with hard wallet
* one can accidently loose his cold storage or hard wallet
* maybe other you figure out and I add them

So, what storage do you use to ensure your savings, or what do you think would be the best solution to overcome these risks?

UPDATE: I started this discusion because I can't see a decentralized solution for that, most of the centralized ones are largely known (wills at layers, online wallets and so on) but do not meet the security criteria as still imply a trusted party. Better simply handover the private key directly to the inheritant IMO.

What I want to determine is if it IS realy a concern for the comunity or not, and if yes than we can contribute all together to the creation of a such product. But again I realy do think it should be built decentralized and trustless.
Your crypto would probably lost forever when you dont have any back up plan incase you die. The problem with cryptocurrency is very fast, the world so I think it in this era of the future, tell you have to be one. The best for you have To say, and other information that they belong in your savings and other information
endut15

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:14:43 PM

life and death that no one knows, so dead or alive we should be able to do something that is best for us when we are not in this world, for example bequeath this crypto to brother, adek or child when have children. so it's better, than waiting to die.
joshua0502

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 05:37:39 PM

i think when i die, my crypto will be gone just like popping of bubbles just easy like that. i would better to do something that my crypto will be remain here. just like asking for my someone in my family or relatives to continued what I've done here. i will keep my private account in crypto to someone that i really trust and i think he or she will use it in a right way.
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:38:42 PM

Silly question right? Smiley
Unless there is a backup method or heritage system it obviously vanishes for eternity, but the point was to discover methods that you are aware for avoiding such risks.

Well, it's not a risk, it's a certainty, but there are other risks of losing access to the crypto account aswell.
Some like:
* death... obviously
* house burns down along with hard wallet
* one can accidently loose his cold storage or hard wallet
* maybe other you figure out and I add them

So, what storage do you use to ensure your savings, or what do you think would be the best solution to overcome these risks?

UPDATE: I started this discusion because I can't see a decentralized solution for that, most of the centralized ones are largely known (wills at layers, online wallets and so on) but do not meet the security criteria as still imply a trusted party. Better simply handover the private key directly to the inheritant IMO.

What I want to determine is if it IS realy a concern for the comunity or not, and if yes than we can contribute all together to the creation of a such product. But again I realy do think it should be built decentralized and trustless.

right now I also have not found a way in this forum for inheritance problems when we die or there is a fire and others that cause our bitcoin and altcoin to be lost.
I just have a way to manually save the private key in social media and store it on the phone, besides we also have to tell the wife and child about the wallet that we have, so in case of disaster then our bitcoin wallet remains safe.

Enijesiku Sulaimom

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:14:57 PM

This is a great and fantastic question, if u die two this will happen to ur crypto
1. Your crypto lives till all turn to shitty
2. People that have access to ur secret key may turn ur crypto to solid cash and squander it.
But in the real sense, no matter how secrecy u re in keeping ur secret key make sure u av a succession plan so that all ur hard earn crypto will not turn to shitty and not squander by non related blood to u.
maxman190

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:20:20 PM

if your relatives know that you are investing in a crypto currency, take care in advance to give them access to your wallet, otherwise your crypt will simply sink into the abyss after your death.
KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:50:56 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 02:54:27 PM by KuyaBreezy

Well, one, when you die, there are high chances that your cryptocurrency will remain idle in your wallet forever, especially if you  never shared with anyone your password and secret keys,this can however be prevented, you could write a will with instructions on who takes over your cryptocurrency when you die, this way you get to pass the ownership of the coins to the next generation. You therefore have the power to decide what will happen to your coins once you die

othab1

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:56:42 PM

If there are no backup keys and nikto does not know the passwords from the purses where the crypto currency is stored then after death all the coins will remain in the network permanently and no one will be available
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: