Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:03:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens with my crypto when I die?  (Read 2973 times)
classictee

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 07:12:23 AM

Your crypto too die with you unless you gave your private key to any of your family and friends.. But don't think anyone will want to do that...

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:33:47 AM

Silly question right? Smiley
Unless there is a backup method or heritage system it obviously vanishes for eternity, but the point was to discover methods that you are aware for avoiding such risks.

Well, it's not a risk, it's a certainty, but there are other risks of losing access to the crypto account aswell.
Some like:
* death... obviously
* house burns down along with hard wallet
* one can accidently loose his cold storage or hard wallet
* maybe other you figure out and I add them

So, what storage do you use to ensure your savings, or what do you think would be the best solution to overcome these risks?

UPDATE: I started this discusion because I can't see a decentralized solution for that, most of the centralized ones are largely known (wills at layers, online wallets and so on) but do not meet the security criteria as still imply a trusted party. Better simply handover the private key directly to the inheritant IMO.

What I want to determine is if it IS realy a concern for the comunity or not, and if yes than we can contribute all together to the creation of a such product. But again I realy do think it should be built decentralized and trustless.
Your cryptocurrencies are still in the internet but it depends on you if you have person that will inherit your bitcoin like someone that you really trust so if you did that then your bitcoins will not just die and it will continue its life from a new bitcoin user which is the person that you trusted to inherit your bitcoin.
well what are some of the best on it is just you have atleast people that are close to you to manage it if there is some emergency that may happen of you like your husband or your trusted person that have knowledge too here bitcoin.
kyledavid

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:34:09 AM

Before that happens i will save all of the important information i have and save everything on a notepad where i can inherit all of the things i have  saved from all of my work , from profit to income and all of the information like logins and password . I will give it to my wife and to my son . so for now i must teach them how crypto worked for me. Everything must be planned
alexjc

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:43:47 AM

At the moment, of course, everyone should take care of the transfer private keys to the trusted person. But in the future, if Bitcoin will support smart contracts, then it is possible to implement a mechanism for transferring bitcoins to a trusted person, in case of death, maybe Smiley
Lima0396

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:02:43 AM

The best thing is to most of your login details and private key your love ones when you are already approaching the old age...
aleksnutis

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:04:50 AM

I just made a list of all my files, logins, passwords and gave this flash drive to my wife.
Of course, it's better not to think about such sad option. It will be insulting for the wife to know that there is a lot of money, but she can't get it in any way))
Bumblecoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:11:26 AM

maybe there's nothing to do and if some years have passed the price of your hold is great, but it's best to put all your wallet info just as soon as your family finds it or you can tell them if you go procedure how to make money for not being able to work

So your family must know all the informations needed to access your account. If not, it will be lost forever unless there is a great hacker who can access your account. It is best to be transparent to your love ones.
znakistu

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:13:37 AM

nothing will happen: your crypto-currencies will be lost. so if you are interested that this does not happen, just indicate the details of your wallet for your relatives, and it is desirable to indicate it in the will. and then your crypto-currencies will be safe and sound.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
rakibpintu

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:34:49 AM

Now crypto market goes to fall in down. when I'll die none  can say it. and I am still using in private or security my and phone or computer.  it have to your so that  crypto market one day will go to up the high of value. I am in 2 years on crypto market I think it will be great after 5 year. it have to stick to crypto currency. go ahead
Df9898

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:38:33 AM

i think hacker want hack my account and get the token if i die.
calabrianexceeded

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:52:38 AM

Bitcoin is a virtual money form that is protected by cryptography that can not be solved. These attributes make it a safe way to store wealth but also create the risk that when Bitcoin owners die, their digital fortunes will be out of reach forever. if you have a large number of values in the crypto world, you have to back up, and keep it in a safe place, preferably if you have a lawyer and you just set everything to your liking if one day you do not want to happen, like death, then your lawyer will give all your account data to who is eligible to receive it, just like your family.
MbakNarti

Activity: 679
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:54:26 AM

Perhaps crypto will be used by banks to become their transaction tool in the future so crypto will be more developed in the future and many new users also who will use crypto and crypto will also be our valuable asset in the future
delphic

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:11:31 AM

And I think that if you have even a small amount of BTC that you plan not to touch for a long time, it's worth taking care of it. After all, after a certain period of time, this trifle can be equal to several tens of thousands of dollars.Order of actions:

- inform potential heirs about what you have and how to get access to it (do not disclose your keys),
 - make an inventory of crypto and ways to access them (the list does not need to include a specific amount of cryptocurrencies, it should include the transfer of assets, the location of keys, passwords, pin codes and software that will be required to extract them).

Something like that. Instruction for receipt of the funds must be described with the maximum easy to understand. Such lists and instructions should be 2-3 copies and they should be known to a very narrow circle of people whom you trust 100%. Or these lists should be in a place where your relatives will be available only in case of your"leaving". After that, you can not worry about what your relatives in the case of bad events can be left with nothing.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:59:57 AM

nothing will happen: your crypto-currencies will be lost. so if you are interested that this does not happen, just indicate the details of your wallet for your relatives, and it is desirable to indicate it in the will. and then your crypto-currencies will be safe and sound.
as bitcoin exist we can use it well when it may have to die for there is a possibility that it may looks for nothing we should have to aware if this can be happen try to just store it and if there is no other way cause bitcoin totally die then it may look for you cant get anything on it even buying for anything you want everything will be useless.
nahotachikwem

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:56:15 AM

One can fall gravely ill or die unexpectedly. Will your loved ones know what to do and, most importantly,
where to look for important documents to guide their decision-making? NO.
If a Bitcoin owner dies without passing on the private key, his heirs may discover his wallet only to realize that
they will never gain access to the wealth inside. To prevent this, the owner simply has to ensure that someone gets a copy
of the private key by writing it down, storing it on a flash memory drive, or entrusting it with a commercial service that manages them.
the Bitcoins are not listed in a will, they are susceptible to what estate lawyers call “probate by truck”—where heirs walk off with property
by claiming that “he would have wanted me to have it.” The difference is, instead of a favorite lamp or piece of jewelry, a relative might walk
off with the private key to a Bitcoin wallet worth thousands or millions of dollars.
NevejElad

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:48:43 AM

Before you will de ,especially through sickness, then you might have a chance to give your cryptocurrency account to your beneficiaries, then give your passwords for your secret folders , the folders you stores you details about your bitcoin, and the keywords  to your account before you died , in emergency cases , you must have password and keys to open your account to your trusted persons, especially your members of the family
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:27:23 PM

Yes when you die and no ones whats your private keys is, your bitcoin will still remain on it and it will just be worthless because no one can used it. Unlike if you have trusted one person where you can share your password then nothing to worry about because it will be useful and helpful for that person.

Dianafangki

Activity: 207

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:54:50 PM

I never thought about this problem. nothing will happen with your crypto when you will die. I'm sure our crypto will remain safe even though we're dead, but make sure we've given the key to someone we really trust so they can continue to invest.
trust me that your investment will remain in the air for good.
Easteregg69

Activity: 1443
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:57:06 PM

You can break it down to. What happened to my penis ?

Well it stopped fucking and then it had a brake..

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
lamcouz

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:05:41 PM

Bitcoin is always available on the internet. Bitcoin is considered to be the most influential currency in the world and is always sought after by people. But its security is not so good and we should be careful about storing Bitcoin in some places/webs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: