Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:43:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-03-07] Blockchain Leverages Gaming Industry to Whole New Level  (Read 35 times)
S3cco (OP)

Activity: 2036
Merit: 528

❤ Bitcoin Garden

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 03:08:35 PM

Bitcoin Garden: Blockchain Leverages Gaming Industry to Whole New Level
https://bitcoingarden.org/blockchain-leverages-gaming-industry-to-whole-new-level/

Looking at the way the gaming industry is developing during the last 10 years, it shows a stable interest for all modern technologies and remains the pioneering sphere to adopt everything new and promising. The Blockchain technology is not an exception and it’s exactly what the gaming segment needs right now.

As the gaming world keeps showing the appeal to the digitally recreated real world with all its details and consistent patterns with paranoid accuracy, it needs mechanisms to regulate the in-game economies infused by game development companies. The decentralized nature of Blockchain and the ability to record each transaction or action eliminates any kind of fraud that could take place in the gaming environment...

Hacker, Pirate, Milf Hunter, Owner of Bitcoin Garden
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:45:06 PM

Blockchain technology at its current state has very little to offer to gaming industry. Right now all games are heavily centralized - the data is stored on servers and game developers have full control over it. And you can't just slap blockchain to suddenly make the game decentralized and trustless because it doesn't work like that - as long as some parts remain centralized (servers, databases, source code), blockchain is useless. For example, players don't really need blockchain for trading in-game - the game can easily act as intermediary and prevent any fraud. The common argument for blockchain in gaming is that gamers will be able to truly own their items, but this is against the interests of game developers - they need the ability to change them when they modify the game with new patches, to remove items created by cheaters, game developers also don't like when people trade items to other people for real money - in most cases it's against terms of service, because it means less profit for the company.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:26:12 PM

Nowadays I am not a gamer nor very familiar to the industry but i have red about several projects on blockchain and in my view i see some advantages that can bee useful.
For example when blockchain is used to allow players to play games that usually their computers couldn't handle , in this case the computing power comes from computers in blockchain.
Also i remember when i was playing online rpg ,  i imagine that it would be cool if i had a option to use in game to purchase something in game from other users.

Just my 2 cents.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: