Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:26:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you research if the coin is a good investment?  (Read 433 times)
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:04:11 AM

How do you do your own research if the coin is a good investment?

For me, I always look on the purpose of the project, the team behind it, what exchanges is it available on etc. And one of the important thing for me is the total supply of the coin.
I also research if the coin is Proof of Work (POW), Proof of Stake (POS), Pre-mined or other.
Your searching quality not bad I think! you can also checked it's market value and yes if any coin trusted well rising and something stable and many of exchangers support then this coin is good I think.
I would recommend to invest in the coins that have made their way to the top 30 in the crypto currency coin market cap. Those coins have been in the market for long and can be trusted though research must be done which coin is the best and which have great technology and real world applications. Also the circulating supply and trade volume must be checked as they play major role in increase or decrease of a crypto currencies rate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kwakufavour

Activity: 167
Merit: 2

Contact me if you need a Telegram Moderator

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:33:43 AM

Check on the team. Check the idea and the problem they are solving if it's feasible enough.
I also check on coins with hype for short term profits. But overall check the kind of project it is as infrastructure projects are doing great these days.

▬▬▬▬▬ ◯●●   REPME.io   ●●◯ ▬▬▬▬▬
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOV
Please check the Whitepaper for more complete info
kevingreen

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:41:56 AM

How I do my research to know if a coin or a token  is a good investment?  Is to look out the basic things that matters. That is (1) the purpose of project I want to invest in,  that is the really use of it.  (2) The Development Team behind the project because their profile and reputation is very important (3) The popularity of the project, that is their ability to advertise the project through out all the known media, be it social media or any other medium because it is not how long a coin or token exist that matters but the ability to make it popular. Well advertise project will guickly make it to the first page of  "Coinmarketcap " and that guarantees your profit.
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:52:51 AM

I will check the price in the market places and check the price day by day. Tthis information help to for get more prpcess information. It any time to change so i will follow the price list. It online currency. So it reach the other country people. So i will check the coin information in the network process. It good invest. So before invest check the price then i will invest and wait for the price increases. If price will be increas then sell the coin on time. Network process help to for find the information for the coin. Market places important for learn more information.
Baton55

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:07:10 AM

All investments have pros and cons. A Cryptocurrency investor needs to look for the cons first, as some are definite deal breakers. If they exist, it is not worth investing more time in researching the crypto-currency.Investing in cryptocurrency can be done by following the momentum and technical analysis of charts. Does this work? Different people have different levels of success with such strategies, the fundamentals approach to investing has worked for Warren Buffet and there is no reason why it should not work in for cryptocurrency investors. In addition to fundamental analysis dollar cost averaging is also an important investing strategy.
Exforgant

Activity: 215

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:10:22 AM

Find out everything you can about the team, especially the development team and the advisory board. Look up each team member for relevant experience. Google their names. Visit their LinkedIn profiles. Look for famous  names among the advisory board of the project. Find out if the team has any crypto experience and more importantly – in which projects, or ICOs, they were involved with and the impact they had. ICOs mean the creation of a new dedicated token for the project. One of the most important questions each project needs to answer is what is the token for? Why isn’t Bitcoin or Ethereum enough to serve as the project’s token? Yes, many projects just make up a scammy story. Hey, an ICO can’t be an ICO without a dedicated token. The same question needs to be asked regarding the use of the blockchain technology behind the project.
Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:16:55 AM

Particularly ,i observe the quality of the project, i analyze the structure of the team, thoroughly study the strategy of disclosure and study also the announcement in the forum. However the POW, POS and Masternode quality are the differentials and not necessarily an obligation, the basis of the project is a higher requirement. Now, in relation to personal investment strategy, i analyze the graphics, liquidity and the market trend.
gnerro2

Activity: 294

illustrator

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:18:21 AM

to be honest is a lottery, many people recommend to rely on the team and see the history of jobs of each member, but as we have already seen this does not mean anything..

#@@     #@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@         %@@@@@@@@           
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       *@@@     /@@*         
            #@@@@@@@@@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@       @@@       @@@         
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       #@@*      @@%         
            #@@     #@@   /@@&&&&&   @@@&&&&&  @@@&&&&&&  #@@@&#%@@@&
digitalmind

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:18:52 AM

look for the following
1. is project SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time bound)?
2. who is the team behind it?
3. do they have a working copy (beta) or something like that
4. how coin is integrated in the project
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:21:57 AM

The first thing I look at is the product. If the product really needs blockchain technology and will be better with it - than okey. Second thing - how much money they intend to raise , i like detailed explanation, to understand. The good sign if the development  already started before ICO or there is  almost finished product. And at last i look  the team: their profiles in lynkedin, facebook, twitter. Wouldn't bad if advisors confirmed information about their engagement in this project.

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:49:39 AM

I always look at the price of a coin, the total amount of coins in circulation right, team’s composition and the most important factor for investing - market cap.  But there are many other factors that can affect its price (the news media, forks, plans eg)
Yes indeed, the price of crypto currencies are quite volatile and can highly fluctuate with news, media, government, forks and partnerships. Also check the news that follows the coin before buying it so that you can know if the coin has gained value cause of some hype or fork or has been rising steadily with a bullish graph.

If the prices has been manipulated cause of some factor, then wait for the dip in the market or that specify coin and then invest in it, so that you shall make profit. Always buy when others are selling and sell when other are buying.
Captainluffy24

Activity: 197

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:58:29 AM

Getting a good coin need to have a good research. For me, first that I look is their project then compare this to others and see if the market is good. Then I always watch the video they provide because it is a pain to read the white paper. Also, checking the team really helps since if they have a good records then it means they have a capability to make project a success.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 12:01:40 PM

This question is really nice. When I do research, first I am checking their website, looking for the domain information. Check their website if there are team behind, roadmap or whitepaper. I also checking their community, like telegram channel or discord. Also their social medias account if they are active.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ZaynDale

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 03:57:19 PM

I personally always priority the project itself before anything else. If the project sounds interesting and realistic, then I would study more on them. And also the team behind those projects. Know about them, their background and profiles. In additional to that, join on their telegram where they usually cater your queries. And I usually check its status in the market day by day.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │     T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  22nd  M A Y                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
AmazingDynamo

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:01:35 PM

For me, I always look on the purpose of the project, the team behind it, what exchanges is it available on etc. And one of the important thing for me is the total supply of the coin.
I also research if the coin is Proof of Work (POW), Proof of Stake (POS), Pre-mined or other.

that is the thing that essential in looking for a good project the purpose and the team behind it , other than that i cant see anything that might help a person to have an idea on how the project will run successfully. And also for me is when it will be available in the exchange .
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:48:45 PM

When am researching a project, I first check the purpose of the project if it is really needed.
I check if the tech is feasible and whether they have a working protocol
I read their ICO and roadmap. Etc
Then I would make my decision whether to invest or not

KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:19:21 AM

Before buying a coin, one must read its whitepaper and see for what use the coin is being created for, does it have any real world applications, which team is working behind it, are they being transparent, how many partnerships they have been able to make so far, on what platform the coin is being created, what are the key features of the coin, what are they doing to promote their coin and gain people interest, what is the supply of the coin and many other key features. Reading its white paper will provide quite much info and you can judge whether it seems legit or scam.
currencydesigner

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:40:10 AM

Its very much hard to say any specific line for me i do just chek the supply and demand  and the project. i thing if project was good then definitely it will be rise no one can stop it .
Arata

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:54:45 AM

I think there are many factors especially in an ICO project. I see whitepaper first, then the composition of the team and the advisor who is already professional, road map and also products that have been produced previously. if it's all good then I think it will be a good investment
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:56:03 AM

I do my own research on media, youtube, news. I rate the team on how popular and well experienced and I'm doing a checking on linkedin. I also look at the project and its product if on demand and necessary for the users and the price of ICO does not exceed to $1 each token.

Youtube is also a great source to acquire knowledge about crypto market or a particular coin as many experts take to youtube to share their experience, knowledge and views about a coin.

Also the demand must be checked, whether a coin has more demand or not, cause as demand increases, volume increases and price increases with it. Speculation of prices must also been seen by experts and experienced traders.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: