Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:43:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Altcoins  (Read 610 times)
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:26:05 PM

Probably it makes sense to constantly monitor the capitalization of different times and only after certain measurements to choose what to choose.

I'm sorry, but you answer doesn't help much. Even if you follow everything that is going on in crypto world (which is impossible), you would not be able to predict what is going to happen... in almost every situation that is.
Which measurements are you proposing? How would you chose which coin is most profitable to mine? Be a bit more specific this time, if possible.
BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:15:16 AM

No!!))) No one will tell you which is the best coin, since as each person makes an individual choice on the basis of his own considerations.         
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:03:32 AM

The altcoin should be cryptocurrencies are using to mining process of successful in bitcoin.If you mine coins that have a high difficulty, and you do not have the hardware to match you are wasting time, and money.the mining process including the cryptocurrencies equal are altcoin.this mining rig is currently generating between of digital currency depending on the current market price of the coin you are mining ETH.one of the related altcoin mining to internet marketing business.AltCoins and own holdings in ETH at the moment of digital money invested to mining process.
Keelhaul

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:56:10 AM

Only advice that I could give to you and other people, is to stay away from mining for now. Profitability of mining has fallen drastically, also prices of GPU's are too high. You would need large investment for start, and not to mention rising in mining difficulty. So for now you should stay put and observe.
It's always better to get in when seems less profitable, than when it makes $3-$6 from a card and when you hear it from TV and cards prices rocket sky.
Right now you can buy some decent RX570 for $400 a piece and an RX580 for $500 per. I'm deeply doubt cards will see $200-$300 ever again.
Eternu

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:11:28 PM

Only advice that I could give to you and other people, is to stay away from mining for now. Profitability of mining has fallen drastically, also prices of GPU's are too high. You would need large investment for start, and not to mention rising in mining difficulty. So for now you should stay put and observe.
It's always better to get in when seems less profitable, than when it makes $3-$6 from a card and when you hear it from TV and cards prices rocket sky.
Right now you can buy some decent RX570 for $400 a piece and an RX580 for $500 per. I'm deeply doubt cards will see $200-$300 ever again.

There is truth in what you say. Sometime risk pays out, but I doubt that is the case for CPU mining.

There has been some news about ASIC miners for other crypto beside bitcoin. Ethereum was in first place among those crypto. If that really happen and those companies make ASIC miners for other crypto, I guess that would affect price of graphic cards and make them fall down a bit. But even if prices drop a bit, they would still be really high.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:18:34 PM

Hello people, what are the best altcoins to mine for you??
Monero and NEO coins are good to mine in current situation so you should like this project you can try to mine. But currently all the coins are fluctuating so your expecting profit is not getting and power consumption is too much high. So you should check the profit first month then you can continue this platform or you should buy high hash mining card it will make more profit and you can mine any top 10 trending coins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
minerthing

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:24:10 PM

Txh for all yours tips guys! Wink
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:48:45 PM

I'd recommend doing some due diligence of your own. You wont get many constructive comments by asking in the manner  you just asked. Now, if you were to ask something more specific like "I have 2x RX580s and I get X hashrate mining cryptonight, which coin shows the most promise in that space" you'd have a much more constructive conversation. That, or if you're lost, asking where you can start looking for information about good coins to mine.

I've got Sapphire RX 550  I mined Zcash and Bitcoin but i need tips about NEW altcoins to mine and how to find   the most promising. Thanks a lot!
My advice to you is replace your GPU. Why would you change the coins? Sell your GPU to gamers. They have long been lack of GPU. Next year will begin mass sales of the GPU memory is 4GB and your GPU will not cost anything. I understand this is a tragedy for you, but it's better to fix the losses now.
h3raklesx

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:35:08 PM

some coin will be make x10 future but which one need to find it =)
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:35:25 PM

Ethereum would be my first choice. Guess I don't need to explain why its my first choice. Other alts for me would be: PXC, UBQ, FTC... this are just some I mined. Also, this is only my opinion and I made mistakes in the past  Grin . Would like to hear what other people think.
Ethereum is a good coin but the price of it has already stabilized and for this reason I do not think that the mining of this coin will bring good profit. Probably now it is more profitable to get new coins. You can change the coin every week. But someday the price of these coins will increase by 10 or 100 times. At this point you need to sell and your profit will be much more than the profit from ETH mining.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:58:23 PM

Ethereum would be my first choice. Guess I don't need to explain why its my first choice. Other alts for me would be: PXC, UBQ, FTC... this are just some I mined. Also, this is only my opinion and I made mistakes in the past  Grin . Would like to hear what other people think.
Ethereum is a good coin but the price of it has already stabilized and for this reason I do not think that the mining of this coin will bring good profit. Probably now it is more profitable to get new coins. You can change the coin every week. But someday the price of these coins will increase by 10 or 100 times. At this point you need to sell and your profit will be much more than the profit from ETH mining.

I know that ethereum is best coin to mine with the GPU cards from rx 470 cards to any higher end cards but I am not sure that why you have mentioned that ethereum is most stable crypto currencies. You need to know when we see the ethereum value from the 1st January to this day.
Almost we are seeing the 65 percentage drop from that day.
If you want to mine the ethererum go with nicehash mining you will get the bitcoin as the payment but when equals with the same amount equals in USD this is more profitable than simple mining pool.
Eternu

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:14:38 PM

Ethereum would be my first choice. Guess I don't need to explain why its my first choice. Other alts for me would be: PXC, UBQ, FTC... this are just some I mined. Also, this is only my opinion and I made mistakes in the past  Grin . Would like to hear what other people think.

I know that ethereum is best coin to mine with the GPU cards from rx 470 cards to any higher end cards but I am not sure that why you have mentioned that ethereum is most stable crypto currencies. You need to know when we see the ethereum value from the 1st January to this day.
Almost we are seeing the 65 percentage drop from that day.
If you want to mine the ethererum go with nicehash mining you will get the bitcoin as the payment but when equals with the same amount equals in USD this is more profitable than simple mining pool.

I agree with you that Nicehash is more profitable at the moment. From my calculations I can earn more with it, around 30+ dollars worth in Bitcoins from Nicehash, than from mining Ethereum only. Nicehash is cloud mining tool not a coin, and OP asked for profitable "coin" that is why I put Ethereum on first place.  But if OP is interested in something like that he can check it out. It is good for people that don't have high capacity mining rigs.

EDIT: If Ethereum really enter PoS after 2018. , it would be wise to have some ETH in your wallet, just in case of price rise  Wink
Hrab

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:06:27 AM

Dude for me it is Zoin. The coin has huge potential for its price to explode in the near future, besides you can mine it through CPU therefore you dont need to drop big money in order to start mining.
gpu-pool.com

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 02:08:31 AM

Agena has made some nice profits.

Link to announcement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3081731.0
windows wallet: https://github.com/AgenaProject/Wallets/raw/master/agena-win32.zip
linux wallet: https://github.com/AgenaProject/Wallets/raw/master/agena-qt-linux.zip

if u decide to mine straight away your bat file for ccminer would be like this:

-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://gpu-pool.com:4233 -u <wallet address> -p c=AGN

pool website https://gpu-pool.com/ discord https://discord.gg/wQ5axCE
SuperZeus

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:47:14 PM

I think it makes sense to constantly monitor the capitalization of different times and only after it to choose.
ezajavo

Activity: 405
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:34:47 PM

I don't have ide  Grin
But If you looking profitable mining altcoins, that's depends on factors such as hardware specifications you will use to mine and of course knowledge about the altcoin and its technology involved.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: