Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:28:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Phoenix Technologies - Another ASIC pre-order scam?  (Read 5556 times)
descarte

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:54:38 AM

Guys, Relax!

I was in Hong Kong last week.  Cab Ride wasn't cheap  Angry  At least for now, all we can say is, "This Company EXIST!"  Right now, I don't have any juicy stuffs like BitMain's AntMiner but once I get more details, I might be able to say, "Get Ready TO BUY"

Until Then, this is our review opinion at this time...

"This Company EXIST!  DO YOUR DILIGENCE BEFORE PLACING THE ORDER!"

They do have English Speaking Reception Lady there, too.

This doesn't prove they are not scammers. They company could exists today, grab all the bticoins and disappear tomorrow. It happened before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sushi

Activity: 238

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:00:32 AM

Yes, that's why our review only inform you that the company does exist, but the buyer needs to do his/her own diligence before committing to the pre-orders.

Depends on where you are located in the world, Pre-Order could be seen as a method of investment.  We as the buyer knew at the time we place the order, the company didn't have the item and for a while in the near future as the product is under development.  ASIC world, there are so many things that could go wrong. Some would recover from those shock and some go belly up.  It's a risk you take, when you sign up for the pre-orders. (Never invest money you can't afford to lose!)

Yes, we came across another company that they actually existed, but one of them we have to say, "Contact Local Law Enforcement before placing any orders to research any fraud reports or validated loss."

But Remember, they could be sued but in a bit different rules than US or EU area...  Hong Kong's own governing government but still influenced by China.

Guys, Relax!

I was in Hong Kong last week.  Cab Ride wasn't cheap  Angry  At least for now, all we can say is, "This Company EXIST!"  Right now, I don't have any juicy stuffs like BitMain's AntMiner but once I get more details, I might be able to say, "Get Ready TO BUY"

"This Company EXIST!  DO YOUR DILIGENCE BEFORE PLACING THE ORDER!"

This doesn't prove they are not scammers. They company could exists today, grab all the bticoins and disappear tomorrow. It happened before.

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 03:04:24 AM

Yes, that's why our review only inform you that the company does exist, but the buyer needs to do his/her own diligence before committing to the pre-orders.

Yes, we came across another company that they actually existed, but one of them we have to say, "Contact Local Law Enforcement before placing any orders to research any fraud reports or validated loss."

But Remember, they could be sued but in a bit different rules than US or EU area...  Hong Kong's own governing government but still influenced by China.

Guys, Relax!

I was in Hong Kong last week.  Cab Ride wasn't cheap  Angry  At least for now, all we can say is, "This Company EXIST!"  Right now, I don't have any juicy stuffs like BitMain's AntMiner but once I get more details, I might be able to say, "Get Ready TO BUY"

"This Company EXIST!  DO YOUR DILIGENCE BEFORE PLACING THE ORDER!"

Who is our and we?

Shipping first batch mid-november 2013
sushi

Activity: 238

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:13:42 AM

Who is our and we? = Dedicated World Travelers who are VERY Interested in Bitcoin and would like to protect/warn many others from experiencing what happened to many in 2012 and 2013 Pre-Order deals.

We couldn't validate the following statement on their website...  

Shipping first batch mid-november 2013
[/quote]

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:48:43 AM

bullshit, fake & endorsed by a charlatan...

delta11965

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:01:13 PM

Even if they aren't a scam, they are about get get sued by the actual phoenix technologies.

http://www.phoenix.com/

Its the same company Phoenix technologies has been doing a sic reasrch for years thats how they ended up making miners. The hong kong facility is just for production, I've called both the US and china offices and the had my father in law Have his investment firm look into it and he called me back the same day and said They are one in the same. Im not trying to sell anyone on this just let you know what i've done to look into it. I've spoke on the phone a half dozen times and have over 30 email in the last 2 months dealing with their sales rep Xaio and the only thing that made me nervous was the extended ship date. Then he told me to wait and see after they come out if I'm having any second thoughts. They will only let you purchase 2-3 products or cloud mining per person and they won't sell to any reseller or do they want their miner on ebay selling for 10 times what its worth, the whole point of what they are doing is to provide a low price with high hash for the regular consumer while benefitting their asic research. As soon as them today or tomorrow I'm paying them for 2 X4 units so I will let everyone know what happens good or bad. Btw they will not give an exact day but i will tell you not that long.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:35:16 PM

Even if they aren't a scam, they are about get get sued by the actual phoenix technologies.

http://www.phoenix.com/

Its the same company Phoenix technologies has been doing a sic reasrch for years thats how they ended up making miners. The hong kong facility is just for production, I've called both the US and china offices and the had my father in law Have his investment firm look into it and he called me back the same day and said They are one in the same. Im not trying to sell anyone on this just let you know what i've done to look into it. I've spoke on the phone a half dozen times and have over 30 email in the last 2 months dealing with their sales rep Xaio and the only thing that made me nervous was the extended ship date. Then he told me to wait and see after they come out if I'm having any second thoughts. They will only let you purchase 2-3 products or cloud mining per person and they won't sell to any reseller or do they want their miner on ebay selling for 10 times what its worth, the whole point of what they are doing is to provide a low price with high hash for the regular consumer while benefitting their asic research. As soon as them today or tomorrow I'm paying them for 2 X4 units so I will let everyone know what happens good or bad. Btw they will not give an exact day but i will tell you not that long.

I call scam . Done with this thread.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
descarte

Activity: 195

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:12:02 PM

ok, I just checked their website and it seemed down for more than 3 days already. bitcoinminingcenter.com no longer has an IP address, meaning no more website and email support.

I really hope that we don't have another scammer in this field.
Quora

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:44:07 PM

Can anyone donate to the victims?

If yes, please PM me.

Thanks
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:07:30 PM

Can anyone donate to the victims?

If yes, please PM me.

Thanks

Because?

Quora

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:21:51 PM

Because I'm one of them and have finally decided to ask for help. When did people start hating on victims?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:36:22 PM

Because I'm one of them and have finally decided to ask for help. When did people start hating on victims?

It's not hating, but since when did this forum start supporting people that got burned by scams?

Quora

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:43:05 PM

It's everywhere all the time, even here in some threads, especially after MtGox happened. But I see why there are also more and more scammers everywhere. It's because still too many people don't have ANY humane compassion towards other human beings, especially those who experienced in fact very professionally conceived theft in this case. It was a very intricate scam. So those scammed individuals who don't receive any help become the new scammers and bullies. But nevermind, I just wanted to see the reactions. If you comment in that way obviously without intentions to help in any way whatsoever, it is in fact hateful. You could have just ignored my post.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:47:51 PM

It's everywhere all the time, even here in some threads, especially after MtGox happened. But I see why there are also more and more scammers everywhere. It's because still too many people don't have ANY humane compassion towards other human beings, especially those who experienced in fact very professionally conceived theft in this case. It was a very intricate scam. So those scammed individuals who don't receive any help become the new scammers and bullies. But nevermind, I just wanted to see the reactions. If you comment in that way obviously without intentions to help in any way whatsoever, it is in fact hateful. You could have just ignored my post.

The scams happen because people don't do proper research before sending money, not because there is no compassion towards scammed people.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:52:34 PM

We've all been scammed once or twice.

You just look cheap asking us to pay for your failure to do due diligence and playing the victim card.

PS: if anyones giving money to "victims" ill gladly accept your money for doing nothing.
Quora

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:21:04 PM

It's way more complex than that.

When it comes to Phoenix Technologies I researched them in detail, for a few months, many other people and companies checked their background, discussed everything with them, I exchanged cca 50 emails with them asking questions and not only everything seemed great but they were also very professional. Different than MtGox e.g. That's why everyone says it was an unbelievably intricate scam with real victims, yes real victims in this case, not only gullible people new to this whole ecosystem. They also managed to trick Coinbase who were really sorry about it in the end. I'm too busy now to say anything more about all this.

Thanks for your insights.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: