Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:58:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips for Choosing a Good ICO  (Read 395 times)
Jiyens3

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:36:01 AM

I think choosing a good ICO is to read the ICO explanation that has been provided. then we can see the concept and purpose of ICO. so we can assess whether the ICO is good or not.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:11:23 AM

If they use a picture of Ryan Gosling with a different name and they say he's working on the project, it's a scam.  Grin flawless advice.

Due diligence isn't always that easy though. Find out who is running the ICO, get to know everything you can about them and ask as many questions as possible. Usually you'll find that answers will be answered quickly during an ICO then afterwards there's radio silence. They alw
Ready have your irreversible money, so no rush in getting you your answers.
Lumberjack1935

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:13:05 AM

No doubt if you choose a good ICO always analyze all the possible arguments that leave you eager to invest, deeply understand your concept, evaluate the white paper check the veracity of the information provided there, research as much as possible about the project team, and most importantly do not risk everything you have despite ICO being a means of fundraising it can contain many pitfalls.
Nagricoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:05:57 PM

The most important tips already wrote.
But also use your intuition

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
ThatICOguy

Activity: 224

The Coin Radar

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:09:05 PM

Top 5 red flags I look out for when researching ICOs

5. NO WORKING PROJECT / CODE / MVP / DEMO
4. PHONY TEAM INFORMATION
3. OVERUSING BUZZ WORDS / TECHNICAL JARGON
2. DOES THE TOKEN ITSELF HAVE AN ACTUAL USE?
1. POOR TOKEN SUPPLY METRICS

@thaticoguy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:31:51 PM

Usually when I look for potential ICOs, first think I do is look at their TEAM, then the project behind, the number of tokens, as well as the roadmap
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:23:17 AM

I will share some tips on choosing a good ICO, the following tips:

1. Look for the most recent ICO, whose followers directly booming.

2. Note the type of project, choose a project that you think is different, and can be useful for many people.

And Remember!, any type of project if there is no promotion certainly the project will not succeed, therefore you as a bounty participant do not just work in formality only, you should really think for the promotion of projects that you share in social media work effectively, so you must make surethat every post about the project, the post should really be seen by your people/followers in social media.

choosing the right icos is quite hard to find. i prefer that you will go to ICO Bench. ico bench helps you to find good icos there such a rating experts there better check it out.
True, finding good ICO’s nowadays is quite hard thing to do. Even scam ICO’s appear as legit now cause they have perfected everything to trick investors into pouring money into their project. Finding good ICO is like finding a needle in the bunch of haystacks. Every day new ICO are launched and thousands of people invest in them, but there are very few that success and prove worthy for investment, the rest either dump or close their site and run away with investor’s money. Though the site you suggested called ICO bench sounds interesting. will surely go and check it out.
kingcrypto-the2nd

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:01:05 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 09:58:48 AM by kingcrypto-the2nd

white paper ,promotion,people behind the coin and the moderators  last but not the least make sure is product based. example midex exchange etc......
barbara44

Activity: 2408
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:41:15 PM

2. Note the type of project, choose a project that you think is different, and can be useful for many people.

And Remember!, any type of project if there is no promotion certainly the project will not succeed, therefore you as a bounty participant do not just work in formality only, you should really think for the promotion of projects that you share in social media work effectively, so you must make surethat every post about the project, the post should really be seen by your people/followers in social media.
There are very few ICO’s nowadays in the market that are good and legit. Many ICO’s are just scams and ponzi schemes and don’t really have any real application or utility. Promotions is very necessary for development of a coin, but there are also other important factors such as technology, partnerships, roadmaps, utility, etc.

For finding a good ICO, one must do research about the projects, check the team background, check if they are being transparent or staying anonymous and whether they are following the roadmap or not. Also reading the whitepaper of the projects you plan to invest in is must.

KalaiBTC

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:06:19 AM

read whitepaper is a must to know the project objectives, realistic soft/hrd cap, team behind, developed product
Whitepaper doesn’t say everything about the project. Sometimes the whitepapers of new scam ICO’s or projects are made to look so legit, that it is hard for even an experienced trader to differentiate whether it is a scam project or not. Therefore, reading of whitepaper is just a part of research and doesn’t really prove that the project is legit and not a scam. Other things you should do is check its team background and follow the project as well as its team members on twitter and join their telegram group, so that you can get updates if they are doing something to develop their product or not and how far are they willing to take the project.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:10:40 AM

The first thing that I will do is to check if its listed on the website below.

https://www.coinschedule.com/?live_view=1

I know the list are the one who paid on the website but if they made it on the list, that is how confident they are on their product. The second was to check the ICO ratings and check  comments from other ICO participants. I also check if the people behind are legit. You can their linked in account. The last and most important thing, check the white paper and road map. It its unrealistic, try to ask yourself if its the right ICO for you.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
hildacitra

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:19:55 AM

in my opinion, here are the tips:
read whitepaper and the team,
visit the website
check the target sale (soft cap and hard cap), if the ICO is ongoing, check whether it reaches the saft cap or hard cap.
check the supply
check the coin whether it has been listed on market cap

sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:34:02 AM

Most of ICOs either don't have a strong project or a good team. So you need to be careful while investing in ICO. There is no regulatory body who can control ICOs so it's your duty to analyze and research an ICO properly before investing in it. You need to check various things while investing in ICO such as whether a working product is there or not. Before investing in any ICO, I look for many points. I check these thing before investing in ICO - a working product or prototype must be there,  project should have strong team, website should have all the details, whitepaper and roadmap should be clear. I also believe that ICO should have good rating on different ICO rating websites. After checking all these points, I invest a small amount in ICO. Be careful before investing in ICO.
True, many projects don’t have potential aim or utility and those who have, don’t have good team to look after its development. There we no regulatory bodies before, but now governments all over the countries are taking strict actions against the launch of ICO’s and are regulating it to save investors from losing their hard earned money in scam projects.

The ICO’s that will now be launched must first be registered under government before doing so. This will ensure public protection against frauds and scams.

Also, it is duty of every individual to do research and analysis about any project/ICO he is about to invest in because background check is always helpful to avoid investing in ponzi schemes.

zentcoin

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:42:33 AM

As for me, the most important factors are:
1. team - it should be really trustworthy, thus always google and look their linkedin profiles, background and etc.
2. product -it's better to have at least mvp to show
3. whitepaper - it should included a thorough research, business model, token usage and etc.
cryptofreak42o

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:52:56 AM

If you are a professional in crypto stuff  it's easy to find out good ICO. But if not, you have a big problem to choses. before i do invest any ico i try to chek whitepaper and dev team and the product also and company road map and market hype. if all goods then i chosse
HectorFabian

Activity: 138

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:53:54 AM

Thankyou for these time
I think that we should first research and find which ICO is the best at the moment. For that we need to vist different sites, read paper and check list in market than supply. And yeah your right promotion is a very important aspect.
bitor

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:58:20 AM

I think, that it's not the best tips, you don't say anything about teams of projects, about roadmaps. We can't predict, will be project good if it is usefull for people, a lot of usefull projects are scam
iBlitz22

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:16:00 AM

No one can really say that an ICO will gonna be good or not but you can base it on how people patronize or support it specially from the beginning until it was successfully released and also how the team who builds this ICO work to make it possible. There should be also update from the team and management on how's the ICO's going so that people will see what is the progress of the ICO. Transparency is also good so that people will know how's the ICO doing.
HartleyDrake

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:25:54 AM

For me it’s important that the team should be trustworthy and should hold good research conducting capabilities. Making sure their supplys are good
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:32:32 AM

No one can really say that an ICO will gonna be good or not but you can base it on how people patronize or support it specially from the beginning until it was successfully released and also how the team who builds this ICO work to make it possible. There should be also update from the team and management on how's the ICO's going so that people will see what is the progress of the ICO. Transparency is also good so that people will know how's the ICO doing.

That's exactly the best procedure to criticise a good ICO is transparency because as far as i know some scam ICO are edited whitepaper and etc. The transparency connected to the main link of bounty tread of the project like telegram and social media seem visible not even in a price percentage but the whole characteristics of project are fully detailed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: