Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:00:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti very low hashing rates why?  (Read 16932 times)
papajo (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:12:13 PM

Hello I have a GTX 650 ti GPU and I manage to do only 45 Mh/s I have seen on charts online that a GTX 250 which is a much weaker cards puts out 80 Mh/s so why do I have so low hashing?

Also I have an old 9800 GX2   could I use them both for mining? should I set them up as different workers?

I also have a Dedicated PhysX card is it compatible with any mining software??

Last but not least I can not run mining under CUDA (with cudaminer for example) could anybody give me a little heads up about this? thnx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:25:58 PM

NVidia are good for floating point calcs
ATi are good for Integer
Bitcoin uses integer
yoou would be much better off buying a couple of USB mining sticks than trying to get the GPU to earn anything IMO

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
Samir_H

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:38:01 PM

@papajo if you want to mine first read what others use.
Nvidia is not good for this job, so don't waste electricity.
papajo (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:44:42 PM

yes I know that ati is better than nvdia... its just that GTX 650 ti is a much newer and stronger card than gtx 250 so isnt it stranger to have lower Mh/s than the the GTX 250?
vpitcher07

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:08:04 PM

If you mine at that rate i doubt you'll get much more than a few cents a week at this difficulty and it'll only go down from here. If you want to make anything, buy a block erupter but don't expect to make your money back. I have 2 and make a little over a dollar a week with 24/7 mining....and that's at about 660 MH/s.

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
Samir_H

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:01:10 PM

yes I know that ati is better than nvdia... its just that GTX 650 ti is a much newer and stronger card than gtx 250 so isnt it stranger to have lower Mh/s than the the GTX 250?

It's not strange because that cards have different architecture so they work differently on different tasks. GTX 600 is gaming series.
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 10:42:09 AM

Cuda miner to increase the hash rate. But anyway dont use nvidia for mining as you are wasting ur electricity and spoiling your card.

papajo (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 03:29:51 PM

Well I said that I dont know how to setup cudaminer everytime I tried it either couldnt connect to a pool (like slush) or if connected it didnt had any MH/s rate (I think I manage to connect it to BTC guild)

Also I know that Ati cards are faster.. but my question was different since my 650 TI is a faster model than the 4 year old GTX 250 in any case (Clocks,ram,shaders,pipelines,cores etc) why does it produce less MH/s than the 250... maybe the fault is somewere else....
kuusj98

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 06:32:31 PM

2xx is known for better hash rates, it is theyr architecture, done, nothing left to say.
nVidia is just plain bad for your card and for your utility bill my friend.

They are just optimsed in a other way, you can have a trillion shaders and shizzels but it aint gonna work...
papajo (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 08:31:52 PM

Well no it doesnt how did you came up with that... see this too: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison#Nvidia

again i am not telling that I should have big MH rate with my nvidia GTX 650 ti I know the rate will suck I just dont know why it sucks that much maybe I need to do some settings? or update something besides the GPU driver... the chart that I linkded does not have my card but it has its previous revision GTX 550ti which puts out more Mh/s than GTX 250 and a stronger card of the 6xx generation that does even better so I should be in the midle..
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:07:49 AM

It's probably because from the serie 5 onwards, Nvidia "focused on gaming", or in other words abandoned some instructions that are important for mining, or crippled the card.

This benchmark also shows a serie 5 card much faster than the 6:

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
cowandtea

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:39:52 AM

Hello I have a GTX 650 ti GPU and I manage to do only 45 Mh/s I have seen on charts online that a GTX 250 which is a much weaker cards puts out 80 Mh/s so why do I have so low hashing?

Also I have an old 9800 GX2   could I use them both for mining? should I set them up as different workers?

Last but not least I can not run mining under CUDA (with cudaminer for example) could anybody give me a little heads up about this? thnx

Don't do mining with Nivdia card, not cost efficiency and also you are spoiling your card. I advice selling it off and buying Sapphire 7950.

fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 03:45:58 AM

Don't do mining with Nivdia card, not cost efficiency and also you are spoiling your card. I advice selling it off and buying Sapphire 7950.

This, just don't do anything funny with GTX 650 ti, you can still play games with it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: