Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:17:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodl or do I realize the loss?  (Read 880 times)
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:16:36 PM

Hello to all,

I invested in Crypterium ICO a lot of money, from business plan I was going to keep CRPT Token until Q3 2018. We are still in Q1 is true, but mathematically, according to my calculations, CRPT token can not reach the result I was hoping for. I made about 90% loss from the amount invested. What do I do? Do I continue to Hodl or do I realize this huge loss? To get back on track I need at least 2/3 full points and I do not think the token can do it.

Did you invest in CRPT? Do you think you can do it?

If you already have a 90% loss then I don't think there is much you can do. Are you sure you could even withdraw your coins, because I've heard many users weren't able to do it. If the money you would receive from the sale was good enough to invest into another project then maybe it would be a good decision to do it, if it's not, then it's better to just leave as it is. Maybe the project will recover, but I'm not sure about that. I usually don't trust the "bank concept" through crypto.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

annicketucufaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:22:42 PM

The best way is to hodl it. If you will sell your coin right now, you will not cover the loss. Value of coins is unstable right now and the best time to seller it is in Q3 or Q4 of the year. Normally,  the value of altcoins rises when Q3-Q4 of the year or January of next year. I suggest to hold it first and wait for the best period to sell it. If the coin value will not rise on the said quarter, its time for you to decide.

Eth address: 0x84da215D0558B308f9804a8b535e43b2f4f8056f
Ronin: ronin:8a9982982d41a808ab5fb7a23139a4164e0cb945
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:25:12 AM

This is a decision you must make for yourself. If you really need money, of course sell. It seems to me that in any case you lost this battle and lost money. I usually keep tokens until the scheduled time, despite the price. Can you explain to me. Why do you think the price will not be reached?
I am sure he is a lot confused at what to do and it is normal, and even though he is to make any decision right now by himself, it would be great for him to make the right decision which is to just hold. As long as he has not sold, he is not in loss and he should wait for it and be patient enough. Like Warren will say, never invest in the value and forget what you are seeing now, but invest in the company and I am sure you did by choosing crypterium.

Holding is always the best option. I bought into some solid tokens and coins as well, but normally with the market correction, there is nothing I would have expected than seeing stuffs like this happening. It is the way the whole market is presently and selling now would not make any sense. Once the market recovers, it is normal to achieve his target easily as 90% loss is nothing really compared to the level of gains these altcoins usually have.
IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:49:35 AM

I not very familiar with this project, but most likely it makes sense to hold the coins. As people have written above, X10 is the normal way out of the project.            
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:55:37 AM

HODLing is the best bet if I were you. It may not be what you bargain fir today but don't forget that the current state of the crypto market prices is general for all coins. I know most altcoins and Bitcoin will recover soon.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:01:40 AM

Hello to all,

I invested in Crypterium ICO a lot of money, from business plan I was going to keep CRPT Token until Q3 2018. We are still in Q1 is true, but mathematically, according to my calculations, CRPT token can not reach the result I was hoping for. I made about 90% loss from the amount invested. What do I do? Do I continue to Hodl or do I realize this huge loss? To get back on track I need at least 2/3 full points and I do not think the token can do it.

are you serious asking this?after losing 90% now doubting about the support you invested in the said coin?i dont really know the coin,but for sure i know whats happening on you,but for me if i invested funds and almost losing it al?I WILL GAMBLE THAT REMAINING 10% whatever happens.because i know for sure that even if i loss all of it,i had proven to my self that i am a holder,and a fighter im stronger enough to do anything because i trust my coins
arief89

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:09:30 AM

Hello to all,

I do not invest in crypterium, because I do not know crypterium ...
All you have to do now is if you believe crypterium will go to the moon then you have to hold it until the price goes back up, but if you are not sure the crypterium coin will go to the moon then you have to sell it To reduce the loss.

voom360

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:29:33 AM

If you are a long term investor then you have to hodl your coin i dont know which price you invest most of all your coin . but i follow simple tricks like when market corretion start or price down any altr coin then i buy and hodl for a long term and this formula working for me . i hope you can chose your own decession if u invest in a right price
diwataluna

Activity: 224
Merit: 103

0x864E3764278C5EB211bF463034e703affEa15e4F

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:34:16 AM

You need to evaluate what your ultimate goal is and how much you believe in the project. We have already seen coins that had a year or two of slumps and then the price skyrocketed after successful product launch and major partnerships. That is why there is a HODL strategy. You can do that only if you invested money you can absolutely lose. Otherwise, half-half is good. You can risk hodling the half and then play with the remaining half by selling and then switching to a coin with a possible increase in price.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:30:36 AM

Fo the better sell it half of them in ICO price and use that money for buy other potential coin like ETH, DASH, NANO etc. And other 50% more still hodl in Crypterium. Make invest In crytpcocurrency  just speculation so we dont know excatly what the future of CRPT. But by put more money in to popular coin is less risk than new token that does not have working product yet.

enlightened

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:50:49 AM

No doubt that whatever u come up with regardless of the time u need the money to prevent loosing of money i think u should be flexible if it need to be HODL or sell. But the safest way is if the time comes that u r already in gain during that time either u sell it u r in positive so, this question isnt necessary. I just invest in the things that im sure that continue moving and wont go to a bad coin so i could just wait if market is down and sell if in gain in reasonable amount.
Asuka

Activity: 115

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:12:44 AM

Hello to all,

Honestly , I'm not familiar on that project you'd invest in my opinion make a decision by yourself not other people says. For now the market is not fully recovered and all Crypto coins is in the lower price, the better you should do is hold that and wait.
Faruque312

Activity: 490

Life is full of struggle

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 10:15:27 AM

i dont know about this project so i cant say hold this, if you know about this project then decide what should you do know, but you loss 90$ from your invest, so sell this now.

kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:19:49 AM

Hello to all,

sometimes expectation can bring you a big loss, in that kind of situation, I prefer holding it that to waste my money and all my effort waiting for a long time just to have a big profit.
if you consider selling it now, then you already lose the opportunity to earn profit in the future. just hold it, and wait for its price to rise.
Herressy

Activity: 361
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:32:30 AM

You need to evaluate what your ultimate goal is and how much you believe in the project. We have already seen coins that had a year or two of slumps and then the price skyrocketed after successful product launch and major partnerships. That is why there is a HODL strategy. You can do that only if you invested money you can absolutely lose. Otherwise, half-half is good. You can risk hodling the half and then play with the remaining half by selling and then switching to a coin with a possible increase in price.
staying calm even you made a lot of some loss here in this currency are some of the kind that you may have to realize that this is nit as much of the thing that you may have to think for holding and also you may have to witness a lot of struggles so be patient on it.
IMNOOBODY

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:02:08 AM

Probably now it is not necessary to make emotional decisions, the crypto-market itself to be in stagnation and separate coins cannot break out from it in a single case.
zhangcaisbsbn55

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:15:08 AM

Hello to all,

I do not invest in it but I think it will be there and it will not be that high again.

glivsh

Activity: 115

equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:08:13 AM

Do not sell at a loss. Just hold a coin, let it lie in your briefcase and wait for your time.
The market is not stable, so you just have to choose the time when it will start to grow
Completely agree with this guy, now a very unstable situation in the market. If you go out on a big loss then perhaps you will regret in the future.

RieL

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:11:58 AM

It is totally up to your choice if you wanted to sell it it is yout choice but if you over look and then choosw to buy more it is your choice also just be mind that you know what you are doing and also done your research
Whitebit42

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:14:26 AM

I think you should proceed from the stock of your money. If they are enough - then there is a sense to hold, if not - deduce. If money is needed then certainly it is not necessary to be involved in all this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: