Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:00:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodl or do I realize the loss?  (Read 889 times)
efodix

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:22:35 AM

I suppose it depends on your strategy. If you are into trading and have some good project to invest in which you are sure, sometimes it is better to fix loss.
Jorosss

Activity: 404
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:30:47 AM

Hello to all,

I invested in Crypterium ICO a lot of money, from business plan I was going to keep CRPT Token until Q3 2018. We are still in Q1 is true, but mathematically, according to my calculations, CRPT token can not reach the result I was hoping for. I made about 90% loss from the amount invested. What do I do? Do I continue to Hodl or do I realize this huge loss? To get back on track I need at least 2/3 full points and I do not think the token can do it.

Did you invest in CRPT? Do you think you can do it?

Its better to hodl now if you already loss the value of coin to 90%, its not the right time to sell now to cut your loss its already more than half of your investment value goes down. You better stick with your business plan to wait until Q3 2018 before you sell or extend it until the end of this year.
Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:35:23 AM

I suppose it depends on your strategy. If you are into trading and have some good project to invest in which you are sure, sometimes it is better to fix loss.
Now it is difficult to find a project that will give 10x. And fixing a loss of 90% is a very difficult decision.
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:18:18 AM

This is the very problem about altcoins that are newly listed in the cryptomarket since they are not yet tested (unlike bitcoin). It took about a month or couple of months to see its graph falls down because it is also the dumping period made by some investors and bounty hunters.

The decision is always yours and if you really feel that your calculations are right, then it's really time to move on.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:16:53 PM

Hello to all,

I invested in Crypterium ICO a lot of money, from business plan I was going to keep CRPT Token until Q3 2018. We are still in Q1 is true, but mathematically, according to my calculations, CRPT token can not reach the result I was hoping for. I made about 90% loss from the amount invested. What do I do? Do I continue to Hodl or do I realize this huge loss? To get back on track I need at least 2/3 full points and I do not think the token can do it.

Ypu shpuld have done your own research before investing to any of these projects so that you will set your expections,loosing with that amount is too hard to believed but if you have done your research and found this project with a lot of potentials,believed in it because the good projects will find its ways to be at the top,hold if you believed this project will still recover.
Crypterium is not a bad holding and I am sure he must have, it is just unfortunate with the way things are presently with the market and it is not only Crypterium that is receiving the huge blow, most ICOs presently that has entered the market are having the same thing. The fact is that, the market is all red, and you just have to wait for the market to recover before expecting anything which brings me to the holding factor. HODLers will never lose.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
amfox

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:47:06 PM

I won't be in hurry to sell, coin don't always grow in price immediately, plus recently prices have fallen a bit, so you got to wait for new growing of prices.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:18:24 AM

Well Selling off and taking an L to me is not a good option. It is not good to take an L on crypto investment. But truth be told almost all coin are bleeding and have lost their value because of the bearish market so it is not only your coin that is doing bad. I will suggest you HODL if you still believe in the project and wait till we see bullish market again.
kiw_91

Activity: 291
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:22:54 AM

As per your statement, you have lost 90% of your initial investment. Thus selling out now will result in a loss. It is better for you to hold until the price increases. If you are not in dire need of money, it is adviseable for you to hold. Just turn off your notifications and dont monitor the price daily. It will reduce the urge for you to sell. The market will recover, however it will take more time. Thus patience is key.
Cubanlinx81

Activity: 373

CryptoRex

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:27:28 AM

I would say that that strongly depends on which positions you are currently holding. If you have come to realize that the project is lacking then sell indeed. No use in holding bags, as they will just get heavier. However, if the project is solid then I would be patient and give it some time. Good things come to those who wait.
Lm2e4

Activity: 248

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:31:22 AM

Hello to all,

I may not be familiar to that ICO but how did you know that the project can't do it? As you said it is still on Q1 and there's a lot of things that might happened. But if you give up now because of your 90% loss you won't bring it back anymore. But if you hold there is a possiblity that it goes to the moon and see your loss disappear. What would you choose?
danjonbit

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

DanJoN

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:35:08 AM

Hello to all,

I dont have any CRPT but I did experience on what you experience now!. first thing if you can accept your loss, you can sell it now! puy it in mind that you can still get some profit on your other future inveestment, but if that loss is too severe, you dont have a choice but to hodl it!, the market right now is so low, but I think it will recover few months from now. so just hodl it mate Smiley

THE GREAT DANJON HIMSELF !
minthit

Activity: 327

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:35:52 AM

I came across such situation before. What I did was I tried to make profit from short term price swing. I thought I could reduce my loss in that way, but that was totally not true. What I did was like gambling. So, even though I don't have much suggestions for you, I suggest not to do what I did.
Man21

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:36:30 AM

Hello to all,

No i dont imvest in crypterium ico but i think that is good project.
So many fail project right now because of the Fud news recently. The Fud project make people decide to take back their money and it cause the price of many project go lower.
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:40:08 AM

Hello to all,

If you constantly reviewing the project that if the team are still active and working hard to make your coin become stable and strong then i suggest you to hold on and wait for the progress result but if the team is not showing any sign of activity then you should move on and accept your losses.
HaekalZ

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:43:08 AM

Hello to all,

i didn't invest in CRPT, even it won't reach the result that you're hoping for, you still need to hodl if i were you, it's still in Q1, so don't panic, maybe you can multiply your money that you're invested in CRPT, everything can happen in cryptocurrency space.

◆     SHREW     ◆
Discounted Pre-Sale Live !
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:14:20 AM

If you believe in a project don't always look at the current the price some project takes time to moon, moreover we are in bearish market almost all the project is affected, just calm down and HODL

Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:28:14 AM

If the money invested in Crypterium is the money that I can afford to lose then I will definitely hold it. I fully understand that investing in digital currency is a risky business but this can also be a very rewarding one. So we can either choose to win or lose.

CryptoCY3366

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:59:48 AM

The only people that lose money in this space are the weak handed variety. The crypto market is a volatile space that takes balls of steel to participate in. Never invest more money than you can afford to lose and you will never worry about the prices or the conditions of the market. You will just hold your bags tight and wait for your payday. For God sakes research the projects your investing in and understand what kind of problem they are trying to solve and if theres a real use case for it.  Grin Grin

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1760267
DeepOnion - Tor Integrated - 100% Anonymous
===> Join DeepOnion Team NOW! <===
fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:08:59 AM

If you have more money in your pocket don't bother yourself in loses even it was 90% already. If you have search the project if it is base on reality then it will hit the moon one day. This movement of price can shake you but think twice. You are just in Q1 not so far in advance. Then make yourself ease by you worry. Do some activities that will lessen your hard times.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
nuruljadidku

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:10:29 AM

I am so sorry to hear that, It is such us bad news to hear that you lost almost your money that you invest in CRPT. Since the last year 2017, it was such as bad moment and time in BTC, because the price is down and it seems never go u again. The market is full filled by so many coins and it impact the price. There are many investor and trader lost their money because of this bad moment. There are many speculations of it, some body said that it will be back on the early year of 2018, but it was nothing. I just wanna say to you that you need to be patient and positive thinking that there will be good news and market soon. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: